Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Thank god Cam Williams seems like a natural baller and a true Freshman star in the making. He might be the safety version of Byron Murphy. He's saving our asses right now. If McKinney or Bryant get injured they could plug Williams in and probably be just fine. Then you add Irvin and Turner to the depth in the Summer and it's all good. The flames have been put out. No more Isaiah Gilchrist running with the ones and getting burned back there everyday in practice. We'll be okay.
  • McLovinMcLovin Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dannarc said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

The idea that you morons can't figure out is that it isn't about fucking practice. Deshaun Watson practiced worse than Cole Stoudt all fall of his freshman year, then Dabo started Cole like an idiot because of what he did in practice.

That cost them a playoff appearance in '14. He didn't make the same mistake with Trevor Lawrence.

When guys get experience, they get better. Anyone who doesn't know this should go fuck off.

The Doogism is so high in our program 90% of our fans have internalized the idea that we can actually win with less talent, even though they see Clemson, Bama, Ohio State etc kill it every year.

Fucking retards.

Skinny isn't great right now in practice. He's inconsistent, but his highs are always higher than Haener's. You just want the variance to come down on Skinny. Haener will NEVER be able to do what Skinny can do for this offense.

lol at anyone who thinks Pete should be trusted with this decision. His offenses have been garbage since Kellen Moore left and retard shit like this is why.

Its just a few half assed practices during Spring... Its not the end of the world.

Experience never helped Browning. Physical talent with QBs isn't be all end all. QB production has been shit since Keith Price Sophomore year (2011).

Coaches regularly make the wrong decisions with starting QBs.

A QB that consistently plays at a 6/7 with Petes system of great defense and solid OL/RB play is more valuable than a QB that plays at a 4 through 10. He obviously prefers to have a system that asks a QB to just not lose the game, rather than have to win it... The perception of this idea is negatively skewed given browning consistently played well below a 5 imo.

If we just had mildly above average consistent QB play (6/7) we would be looking at a team with probably zero regular season losses over the past 3 years with our only losses being to either Clemson or Alabama in the playoffs.

Tua Tagovailoa and Taylor Bean aren't walking through that door any time soon. If we can get a Drew Olson or Cade McNown type production we are good enough to make the playoffs every year and have a chance at winning it all.

As always, do more with more, but there are plenty of physically talented QBs that sucked ass and get passed by some unathletic or short try hard that has a brain.

And don't twist, I'm always the first to tweet #FirePete, and head coaches always suck at picking the starter QB, but it's clear the system is set up for a minimal variance QB... which is naturally in conflict with your cult leadership of best potential physical talent = best football player.
    How has Pete's QB play been outside of one person?

FOH with this shit.

Physical talent is NECESSARY not sufficient. You fucking idiots think it isn't even necessary. That's what makes Doogs and fuckbags like you morons.
    The offense has sucked since Ross and Pettis left... The QB play has sucked forever... Coaches suck at picking the correct QB starter...

I get it.

You tend to vastly over-value potential physical talent.

The physical talent necessary to be a good productive college QB is pretty damn low. Some of the greatest QBs of all time are less athletic than an average high schooler. The high threshold requirement for QBs is intelligence and accuracy.

Maybe the answer is Eason, maybe its Haner, chances are all of the QBs suck and we go 10-3 with no meaningful wins and the offense sucks again.

The statement "there aren't a million programs that would take Skinny and give him a starting spot this fall you are a clown" is pointless... Iron laws; Coaches suck at picking the correct starting QB and most coaches are retards. There are a million programs that would have taken Browning after his sophomore year too.

And, no this is not an endorsement/defense for Haner, before anybody twists.

I'm just saying there's a lot more to being a QB than being tall and being able to throw the ball a long ways. Its entirely possible that is all Eason has.
    We scored 7 against Bama in the biggest game in Pete's life.

Also - if you think that Jake and Skinny are the same level of prospect and would have the same level of interest you are a fucking tard and there's no way you will understand anything I'm saying.

We've lacked talent for so long people here have really convinced themselves it doesn't matter. lol

I over-value physical talent? Yeah. Just like Dabo and Saban you fucking idiot.

Christ Jesus almighty.

Do you know what the difference between SUFFICIENT and NECESSARY are you fuckbag?

My god.
    I had chills reading this, it was like one of my dad's scolding me for scoring a 69% on a pop quiz in 5th grade. No mention of Earl Thomas, gtfo
    If I had ever brought home a 69% test score I wouldn't be alive today
    Yeah. Those are the tests you tore up into pieces and flushed down the toilet after class.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's pretty clear that Pete values 'lack of mistakes' at QB rather than play-making. This is why Browning regressed to the point where he looked like Miley.

He makes the whole team play tight and beta with his fear of mistakes. The best half of ball Browning played in two years was the end of the Rose Bowl where he let it rip. But our team is usually tight and afraid, instead of confident and loose.

We are really well coached in general, but this is the obvious reality of Pete.

Pete pretty clearly prefers QBs than remind him of him.

And anyone that says this means Sirmon, Yankoff, Skinny and Dylan suck don't understand. Pete is a fucking bag of shit when it comes to developing QBs quite obviously.

If Haener actually wins the job and starts the whole season, Yankoff will leave for sure.

I personally prefer scared and tight over loose. Call me old fashioned.
    You talking about football?

It kinda sounds like you might be talking about your prom date.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thank god Cam Williams seems like a natural baller and a true Freshman star in the making. He might be the safety version of Byron Murphy. He's saving our asses right now. If McKinney or Bryant get injured they could plug Williams in and probably be just fine. Then you add Irvin and Turner to the depth in the Summer and it's all good. The flames have been put out. No more Isaiah Gilchrist running with the ones and getting burned back there everyday in practice. We'll be okay.

Oh goodie!!! I thought our whole season was torpedo'd
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baphomet said:

It's pretty clear that Pete values 'lack of mistakes' at QB rather than play-making. This is why Browning regressed to the point where he looked like Miley.

He makes the whole team play tight and beta with his fear of mistakes. The best half of ball Browning played in two years was the end of the Rose Bowl where he let it rip. But our team is usually tight and afraid, instead of confident and loose.

We are really well coached in general, but this is the obvious reality of Pete.

Pete pretty clearly prefers QBs than remind him of him.

And anyone that says this means Sirmon, Yankoff, Skinny and Dylan suck don't understand. Pete is a fucking bag of shit when it comes to developing QBs quite obviously.

If Haener actually wins the job and starts the whole season, Yankoff will leave for sure.

I personally prefer scared and tight over loose. Call me old fashioned.
    You talking about football?

It kinda sounds like you might be talking about your prom date.
    Save the date, June 7th. I have a purple and gold tux so good luck matching that.

It’s gon be sofaking epic.

Oh, you’re just a freshmen. It’s totally normal for a senior to take a freshmen to prom. It’ll be a night you never forget.