Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jen Cohen - compensation

2»

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

I need to see a rowing championship.

I need to see a women's basketball final four.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

I was on record as saying she was a terrible hire and couldn't believe they didn't hire someone from the outside at the time.

Oops

She has done a phenomenal job as AD at UW. Pay her what she wants.

What areas do you believe she has most excelled? What have been her most difficult decisions so far? You can't use Romar as an example. That was an easy decision. I am not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious of your thoughts?
    Firing Romar was far from an easy decision ... particularly in today’s woken environment. There were plenty of narratives out there saying that Romar was wronged, deserved more time, etc. These narratives still exist.

As her first major decision, far from an easy one for a 1st time AD

The Hop hire to compound the decision to date makes everything look like a slam dunk
    absolutely right. It took some courage
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

I was on record as saying she was a terrible hire and couldn't believe they didn't hire someone from the outside at the time.

Oops

What areas do you believe she has most excelled? What have been her most difficult decisions so far? You can't use Romar as an example. That was an easy decision. I am not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious of your thoughts?
    Sure. Firing Romar might have been an easy decision...but bringing in Mike Hopkins? Did anyone have that guy on the coaching radar? Did anyone even know his name? I sure hadn't ever heard of him.

What she did with the budget and to help turn that around in such a short period of time. The Adidas deal was (maybe still is) 5th highest in college athletics. Turned her back on Nike....not many do that.

This seems like small potatoes...but bringing in alcohol sales inside of Husky Stadium? I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. She fought for it and got it. More $$

When did beer sales get announced? I haven’t seen that anywhere. Agree that would go a long way towards keeping people in their seats.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

HuskyJW said:

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

Oops

Sure. Firing Romar might have been an easy decision...but bringing in Mike Hopkins? Did anyone have that guy on the coaching radar? Did anyone even know his name? I sure hadn't ever heard of him.

What she did with the budget and to help turn that around in such a short period of time. The Adidas deal was (maybe still is) 5th highest in college athletics. Turned her back on Nike....not many do that.

This seems like small potatoes...but bringing in alcohol sales inside of Husky Stadium? I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. She fought for it and got it. More $$

When did beer sales get announced? I haven’t seen that anywhere. Agree that would go a long way towards keeping people in their seats.
    Guarantee that it’s 81% political
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

Oops

You didn't hear? Jen said beer sales this fall.