Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

April 15th - Tax day

13»

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just wrote a $5k check.

Fuck off.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019
    LebamDawg said:

damn I had an appt with my accountant but cancelled it because of this thread - thanx guys

I will ask for hardly clothed to do my taxes for me. I'm with all his free time. He can spend 45 minutes or so to help me.

It's close to half if your earnings...... it's too much.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

I had a lot more money yesterday. I think.

My wife and the accountant dude deal with the fucking taxes. I don't even look. I just hand over the forms and sign where I'm told. Otherwise I'd probably lose my shit. I couldn't tell you if we paid more this year than last or not.

I think it's best this way. The lack of dead bodies in my immediate vicinity seems to confirm.

You should make some dead fish bodies
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

I had a lot more money yesterday. I think.

My wife and the accountant dude deal with the fucking taxes. I don't even look. I just hand over the forms and sign where I'm told. Otherwise I'd probably lose my shit. I couldn't tell you if we paid more this year than last or not.

I think it's best this way. The lack of dead bodies in my immediate vicinity seems to confirm.

You should make some dead fish bodies
    In a couple weeks, lots of fish are going to die. It's time to stock up the freezer with bottom fish.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I paid more than last year but, I had a good year and landed in a higher bracket. Thanks Trump.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,951
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

HHusky said:

Thanks Mike.

If a supplemental wage payment, together with other supplemental wage payments made to the employee during the calendar year, exceeds $1 million, the excess is subject to withholding at 37% (or the highest rate of income tax for the year). Withhold using the 37% rate without regard to the employee's Form W-4.

Alright then better for you. If you are barely surving on on 50 grand (52,500) a month then dial it back a little.

If you could find a way to live on the 200k for a year you could make your remaining money work for you so that you are able to generate passive income. Then you could be rich.
    You’re still missing thousands of dollars. The effective rate of taxation on a million dollars a year is not 37%.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

And to the extent that the Military has turned into a "Social Program" you can blame the Rats. It's not Conservatives pushing women in combat and Trannie rights in the Military.

Good rhetoric. It appears that I might have hit a sore spot here.

It's not just those people who make it a social program, and I think you know that. A lot of straight men with nothing better to do, and no better prospects out of high school, look to the military as a default landing spot. It's the fucking truth dude. Like it or not. Everybody knows it.

Do I value those people over fat, government cheese-eating baby factories sucking on the welfare dole? You betcha.

But that doesn't change the facts. We have a massive military, and we still can't police the world with it. So why in the fuck bother? It's the isolationist in me. It is a huge chunk of the budget. If it makes you feel better to blame that, along with seemingly everything else that goes wrong in the world, on Democrats, have at it. I don't have the obsession with them you seem to, but I also don't feel too motivated to defend them either. Rat's fault? IDRGAF. Fine. It's their fault.

The issue remains. We'd need to tax a lot less if we had military spending under more control.

I suspect it's a social and cultural issue for most people, as 95% of things US citizens fight about tend to be.

It's you're own personal "truth" it's not backed up by the facts and it speaks volumes about you.
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

Thanks Mike.

If a supplemental wage payment, together with other supplemental wage payments made to the employee during the calendar year, exceeds $1 million, the excess is subject to withholding at 37% (or the highest rate of income tax for the year). Withhold using the 37% rate without regard to the employee's Form W-4.

Alright then better for you. If you are barely surving on on 50 grand (52,500) a month then dial it back a little.

If you could find a way to live on the 200k for a year you could make your remaining money work for you so that you are able to generate passive income. Then you could be rich.
    You’re still missing thousands of dollars. The effective rate of taxation on a million dollars a year is not 37%.
    My check would shake out to about 40k a month. Let's see your pay stub.
    jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

Thanks Mike.

My check would shake out to about 40k a month. Let's see your pay stub.
    If you have an effective income tax rate of 52%, you are doing this wrong.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

And to the extent that the Military has turned into a "Social Program" you can blame the Rats. It's not Conservatives pushing women in combat and Trannie rights in the Military.

Agree that the military is for killing enemies, blowing shit up and protecting our nation. It's does not exist to have your dick cut off and for the army to buy you a dress.
    Standard Supporter
    Take home in California on a million and married. we are arguing about 4200 a month. Chump change buddy.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cali tax is only 6% I've heard
    edited April 2019
    jecornel said:

Take home in California on a million and married. we are arguing about 4200 a month. Chump change buddy.

I agree Daddy has fucked California. A feature, not a bug.

That said, what the fuck are you doing paying a 33+% effective federal income tax rate?!? Ever hear of a retirement account? HSA?

I want to lay eyes on the moron who paid a federal income tax effective rate of 33.12% on one million dollars of income. Does that person actually exist?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    It's late, sue me.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    HHusky said:

jecornel said:

I agree Daddy has fucked California. A feature, not a bug.

That said, what the fuck are you doing paying a 33+% effective federal income tax rate?!? Ever hear of a retirement account? HSA?

I want to lay eyes on the moron who paid a federal income tax effective rate of 33.12% on one million dollars of income. Does that person actually exist?
    Not to mention that most of those people have side business that lose money. Even politicians that disclose their tax returns have deductions and contributions that greatly reduce the tax liability.