Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jen Cohen - compensation

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Three-year extension, through June 2024, with an additional two-year option, Cohen received a raise in base salary from $460,000 per year to $750,000, plus an increased annual retention bonus of $75,000, payable upon vesting in 2021 (and again in 2024, should she remain the AD). Also will be eligible for an annual merit raise of no less than 2 percent, at the president’s discretion, in addition to a maximum of $100,000 per year in performance incentives (such as academic and on-field achievement).

Her new total annual compensation of $825,000 (retention bonus included) should put her in the top half of athletic director pay at public schools in the Pac-12. But she knows there are more important money matters at hand, such as the long-term financial health of the department, the cash influx via the Adidas deal and the push to fund a new facility to house the men’s and women’s basketball programs.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

I was on record as saying she was a terrible hire and couldn't believe they didn't hire someone from the outside at the time.

Oops

She has done a phenomenal job as AD at UW. Pay her what she wants.

What areas do you believe she has most excelled? What have been her most difficult decisions so far? You can't use Romar as an example. That was an easy decision. I am not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious of your thoughts?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    She could make double if she showed her tits
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

I was on record as saying she was a terrible hire and couldn't believe they didn't hire someone from the outside at the time.

Oops

What areas do you believe she has most excelled? What have been her most difficult decisions so far? You can't use Romar as an example. That was an easy decision. I am not disagreeing with you BTW. Just curious of your thoughts?
    She aced the Hop hire. And firing Romar might have been a no brained but plenty of ADs would have refused to fire the guy with the #1 recruit in the nation.
    I agree Hop is a big improvement over Romar, let's revisit in three years. Hopefully, it will include at least one sweet 16. I think that is more than reasonable.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Added bonus is that because she's a she, you don't have to pay her what she's worth.
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

Oops

She aced the Hop hire. And firing Romar might have been a no brained but plenty of ADs would have refused to fire the guy with the #1 recruit in the nation.
    The Adidas move has me excited, too. Next up, get beer sales in the stadium and turn down the corporate shit by about 50%.
    HuskyJW said:

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

Oops

Sure. Firing Romar might have been an easy decision...but bringing in Mike Hopkins? Did anyone have that guy on the coaching radar? Did anyone even know his name? I sure hadn't ever heard of him.

What she did with the budget and to help turn that around in such a short period of time. The Adidas deal was (maybe still is) 5th highest in college athletics. Turned her back on Nike....not many do that.

This seems like small potatoes...but bringing in alcohol sales inside of Husky Stadium? I never thought I would see that in my lifetime. She fought for it and got it. More $$

Hop was the assumed boeheim replacement. Syracuse is a.big time job of course. He wasn't an unknown amongst coaching cirlces. She gets credit for hire.

Beer sales would be a huge win.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Cohen took a lot of shit for the Romar hiring. Some of you forget how many blind, paste-licking doogs there are out there.

She hired him?
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2019

jecornel said:

HuskyJW said:

Oops

The Adidas move has me excited, too. Next up, get beer sales in the stadium and turn down the corporate shit by about 50%.
    Hey Nike! Addidas is offering 130 million. What's your offer? Thanks for the update Jen. Enjoy the 130 million!
  • doogbiscuitdoogbiscuit Member Posts: 8
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We have a new winner for the stupedest oversimplification award! Congratulations for such original and thorough analysis. Your contributions to this community are applauded.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

We have a new winner for the stupedest oversimplification award! Congratulations for such original and thorough analysis. Your contributions to this community are applauded.

GTFO and as always...

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Cohen took a lot of shit for the Romar hiring. Some of you forget how many blind, paste-licking doogs there are out there.

She hired him?