Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tax cuts and jobs act

2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Just going over a tax return for a buddy. He had a couple rentals as his only income. Well.... Thanks to Republicans, if you get more than $3,500 in investment income, then you don't qualify for the earned income credit. So he's out $3,416. Nice work!!! Bezos enjoyed his multi million dollar tax cut tho. I'm sure he'll put that back in the economy.

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    No One Believes that anyone would let a burger flipper do their taxes for them.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    pawz said:

No One Believes that anyone would let a burger flipper do their taxes for them.

Sic burn bro.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Just going over a tax return for a buddy. He had a couple rentals as his only income. Well.... Thanks to Republicans, if you get more than $3,500 in investment income, then you don't qualify for the earned income credit. So he's out $3,416. Nice work!!! Bezos enjoyed his multi million dollar tax cut tho. I'm sure he'll put that back in the economy.

Da fuq would anyone let an audit guy do taxes?!?!

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Renting out two rooms as an Air B&B isn’t the same as having two rentals. HTH
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hondo and his stupid friends are back

Did he complain about his refund?

If he owns 2 houses why should the government give him money?

2001400ex said:

Da fuq would anyone let an audit guy do taxes?!?!

Exactly. I don't even do my own tax return. Good thing for turbo tax and the freedom file edition.

Renting out two rooms as an Air B&B isn’t the same as having two rentals. HTH

He actually owns two trailers. But I would think the air B&B situation would apply too. I'm sure they do a 1099.

Because he makes shit for money. Everyone else who makes under $25k a year with kids gets an earned income credit. Why should a property owner not?

Republicans for the win!!!

Best thing is. He's a hard core Trump supporter. I've argued politics with him starting around the Iraq war. Fuck he loved that war. He was excited to watch Bush kick ass on Fox news.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

Hondo is complaining because his "friend" no longer is able to suck off the public teat by getting an EITC but when other people get to keep more of the money they have earned according to Hondo they are being "subsidized."
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like he paid $0.00 for taxes for 2018. So you’re upset that he didn’t get a $3461.00 credit of money he didn’t pay? Here’s what we know about your friend; he’s filing as a single person, with one kid, and make less than $25k (all of that from rental properties). Sounds like your friend needs to get a job and quit relying on the government for handouts.