Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh Breedlove Millen

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If Haener is our starting QB next year, burn the fucking program to the ground. I can’t deal with 3 more years of a small armed OKG faggot. We’re never going to win a championship with a QB like Haener. We can’t beat the Clemsons and Bamas of the world without an elite QB. Eason better win the job.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Is BEFUDDLED by how many reps Haener is getting. BEFUDDLED!

this has legs....stay tuned.

Befuddled is a GOOD word.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If Haener is our starting QB next year, burn the fucking program to the ground. I can’t deal with 3 more years of a small armed OKG faggot. We’re never going to win a championship with a QB like Haener. We can’t beat the Clemsons and Bamas of the world without an elite QB. Eason better win the job.

Calm down turbo
    That was building for 6 days of practice. It was bound to escape eventually.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Any updates on Eason's mom from Puppy?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Seriously I can't figure this one out. Raw talent wise it's not that close. I think pete is trying to protect his "everything has to be fair" mantra and maybe not give the pathetic pac 12 coaches any early tips.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Melon head just pissed Pete didnt over his kid. He's a duck now so Pay no mind. Haener would be the starter over his kid at Oregon too. Bitter old dawg

Uh Feces, Haener has the strongest arm on roster next to Eason there Genius . Again, typical HH ignoramuses spouting nonsense out their cunts without knowing any about the qb room

Seriously I can't figure this one out. Raw talent wise it's not that close. I think pete is trying to protect his "everything has to be fair" mantra and maybe not give the pathetic pac 12 coaches any early tips.

Pete wants to win Bill. He goes with the best qb thru spring ball to achieve that goal Big bird Eason's best days are behind him...unless he gets serious about weight training and football. I told you dipshits Haener was going to win job...at the VERY least make it a tight battle all way thru fall camp. It's not like you havent been warned ahead of time...a full year ahead of time
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

animate said:

Peterman is a stickler to a fault to his own system.

I think I have him figured out.

He wants absolute control, he'd rather have a Toyota Corolla with good tires (predictability) than a high end sports car that needs to be built up but comes with higher potential risk and maintenance. Do not ever beat yourself with mistakes.

All these trick plays and misdirection that Peterman is known for comes from a system of control in a short field rather than having a quarterback being capable of stretching a field.

When we had John Ross and Dante Pettis etc we had fancy tires and racing stripes but ultimately a limited engine in brownsocks. We only reached so far.

Now that we have bigger and potentially higher performing engines available in Eason, sirmon and yankoff - peterman can't help himself but keep haener and Morris types around to provide short field reliability and mistakes minimization.

It's a slow grind. Peterman is a poker grinder, grinding out profits.

Fucking frustrating at times but I guess you can't argue too much with the overall success.

Yeah I know this isn't anything new. I'm just lying in bed after unsuccessfully trying to get the wife to put out and I'm checking the forums ... Fuck!

Sounds like he is trying to over bore his cam shaft
    You over bore the block to prep for larger pistons, not the cams. Can't bore any hydraulic or solid camshaft setup.

You can offset grind them, but its cost prohibitive compared to a new cam grind.

HTH
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I will give Millen the time of day, because he has a hot wife. He did something right.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

He wants absolute control, he'd rather have a Toyota Corolla with good tires (predictability) than a high end sports car that needs to be built up but comes with higher potential risk and maintenance. Do not ever beat yourself with mistakes.

All these trick plays and misdirection that Peterman is known for comes from a system of control in a short field rather than having a quarterback being capable of stretching a field.

When we had John Ross and Dante Pettis etc we had fancy tires and racing stripes but ultimately a limited engine in brownsocks. We only reached so far.

Now that we have bigger and potentially higher performing engines available in Eason, sirmon and yankoff - peterman can't help himself but keep haener and Morris types around to provide short field reliability and mistakes minimization.

Fucking frustrating at times but I guess you can't argue too much with the overall success.

Yeah I know this isn't anything new. I'm just lying in bed after unsuccessfully trying to get the wife to put out and I'm checking the forums ... Fuck!

That will sure get you some extra h.p. :p
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    MisterEm said:

animate said:

You over bore the block to prep for larger pistons, not the cams. Can't bore any hydraulic or solid camshaft setup.

You can offset grind them, but its cost prohibitive compared to a new cam grind.

HTH
    Hawt motor talk.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Not a big fan of Huge Mellons, but I did think he had a decent point in why Pete just needs to give Eason the majority of the reps and not make him “earn it”.

Project what each player can be. Simple as that. Help Eason reach his ceiling by giving him the reps to be consistent. He ran every other team’s playbook last year, so let him run UW’s now.

I think you mean, "Huge Mellon". Because most of us here are big fans of huge mellons. @PurpleThrobber can explain further.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

Not a big fan of Huge Mellons, but I did think he had a decent point in why Pete just needs to give Eason the majority of the reps and not make him “earn it”.

Project what each player can be. Simple as that. Help Eason reach his ceiling by giving him the reps to be consistent. He ran every other team’s playbook last year, so let him run UW’s now.

I think you mean, "Huge Mellon". Because most of us here are big fans of huge mellons. @PurpleThrobber can explain further.
    True dat

LisaGuerrero.gif

• NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

I think we should all make a pact to stop saying this like it's based in reality.
    A.) UW doesn't open with a PAC-12 team. So the cat's going to be out of the bag. It's not like USC is going to start revamping their defensive strategy now to get ahead of some game in October or something.
    B.) Even if the "element of surprise" made one damned bit of sense, element of surprise < reps for presumptive starter.

I think it's time to allow for the possibility that Haener might just legitimately win the position. All through the Browning era, the big complaint was that he never had to compete for his job, now there's a real competition, and everyone's pissed that Pete doesn't just anoint the 5-star transfer in the spring? Either competition is good or it isn't. It's not like the staff would start Haener just because they like short guys who throw pick-sixes--Petersen's "type" is the guy who is accurate, avoids turnovers, and moves the chains, which doesn't rule out a 6'5" cannon-armed guy in the least.

They're getting their chances, and we're not privy to what's happening in the closed Saturday full-contact practices. If Haener wins, he wins. I'll definitely adjust my expectations for the season were this to happen--it would definitely suck--but the guy who performs should get the nod.

You're missing the obvious point that Petersen's "type" of QB is fucking retarded, and the whole offense is based around being a giant pussy.

If Haener wins the job because he's better, that's fine. The issue is that we don't think Haener actually is better. He may be better at being an obedient pussy who doesn't take risks, but that's not actually better.

Petersen's offense isn't needlessly complicated, it's just needlessly conservative. We don't allow our players to make plays. It's all structured around not making mistakes and it fucking shows.

You can't eliminate mistakes completely, and when your entire system is based around not making mistakes, mistakes hurt more when they do happen.

Moving the chains means very little if you can't move them all the way to the red zone, or if you stall once you get there. Let's allow our playmakers to make some plays.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think we should all make a pact to stop saying this like it's based in reality.
    A.) UW doesn't open with a PAC-12 team. So the cat's going to be out of the bag. It's not like USC is going to start revamping their defensive strategy now to get ahead of some game in October or something.
    B.) Even if the "element of surprise" made one damned bit of sense, element of surprise < reps for presumptive starter.

I think it's time to allow for the possibility that Haener might just legitimately win the position. All through the Browning era, the big complaint was that he never had to compete for his job, now there's a real competition, and everyone's pissed that Pete doesn't just anoint the 5-star transfer in the spring? Either competition is good or it isn't. It's not like the staff would start Haener just because they like short guys who throw pick-sixes--Petersen's "type" is the guy who is accurate, avoids turnovers, and moves the chains, which doesn't rule out a 6'5" cannon-armed guy in the least.

They're getting their chances, and we're not privy to what's happening in the closed Saturday full-contact practices. If Haener wins, he wins. I'll definitely adjust my expectations for the season were this to happen--it would definitely suck--but the guy who performs should get the nod.

You're missing the obvious point that Petersen's "type" of QB is fucking retarded, and the whole offense is based around being a giant pussy.

If Haener wins the job because he's better, that's fine. The issue is that we don't think Haener actually is better. He may be better at being an obedient pussy who doesn't take risks, but that's not actually better.

Petersen's offense isn't needlessly complicated, it's just needlessly conservative. We don't allow our players to make plays. It's all structured around not making mistakes and it fucking shows.

You can't eliminate mistakes completely, and when your entire system is based around not making mistakes, mistakes hurt more when they do happen.

Moving the chains means very little if you can't move them all the way to the red zone, or if you stall once you get there. Let's allow our playmakers to make some plays.
    Point taken, but isn't it possible that the whole reason for the continued QB competition is that Eason isn't making plays? What's funny is that, so far at least, it's Haener that seems to be turning the ball over most in practice. Rumor has it Eason threw four picks in the first Saturday closed practice, but otherwise I haven't read about many. Haener, though? Seems there's a pick-six just about every day. And yet the battle is still close. Why? Probably because you also rarely read about Eason actually getting the ball into the end zone, whereas Haener is always throwing like 80% and scoring touchdowns.

Look, I get the frustration: Eason was supposed to come in and take the lid off the offense. A large reason I was optimistic for next season was exactly that. He was going to be so talented that the offense would finally be able to compete against elite teams. Instead, he's having a hard time beating out the guy who's mostly known for scoring Cal's only points in a loss. Instead of bitching about the coaches not just handing the Eason the job on a silver platter, I'm choosing to just accept that Trevor Lawrence isn't in the QB room and adjust season expectations accordingly.

Eason's splitting reps with the ones. He's being given ample opportunity. We can bitch and moan all we want, but if Eason were the transformative talent we thought he was, he could just win the fucking job at any time. He's not. It's that simple. It's also early, though. Maybe he'll get it by fall and this will all be a moot point.