Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh Breedlove Millen

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Is BEFUDDLED by how many reps Haener is getting. BEFUDDLED!

this has legs....stay tuned.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Is that actually his middle name? I always thought it was a joke. If so that’s amazing.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    Standard Supporter

Is that actually his middle name? I always thought it was a joke. If so that’s amazing.

It is!
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Nope. That's his real name.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not a big fan of Huge Mellons, but I did think he had a decent point in why Pete just needs to give Eason the majority of the reps and not make him “earn it”.

Project what each player can be. Simple as that. Help Eason reach his ceiling by giving him the reps to be consistent. He ran every other team’s playbook last year, so let him run UW’s now.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pete obtusely addressed the QB reps thing in his presser and it seemed to me that he gets that the starting qb needs to get more (all of the) reps in Spring, but that he's got something else going on to deal with....could be any of finding a way to keep Haener here til Fall or that Eason isn't playing that well or something else.

Why is a Duck commenting on husky football?

he can't quit us
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    Standard Supporter

Haener has been more consistent with the whizzly pickle routes where the slot end flanks south after a dual pivot and shifts the DB into a mitochondria Pythagorean theorum snickly Fritz which opens up the left side for the mid receiver to double steak frick mcbomber.

More Seahawks analysis at noon with former NFL QB and special guest Hugh Mullen!

Wyman never breaks down plays because he's not in the huddle. It's a veiled shot at Hugh.
    by the time we get to full speed, live tackling, d-line guys getting taller against the pocket Eason will be clearly #1.
    Baphomet said:

Millen is just mad because his kid wasn't good enough to be heavily recruited by the Huskies

that's actually probably the correct answer...Hugh is now taking on the "i'm supporting the dwags line, but passively aggressively taking shots at them in an effort to show how much better of a coaching system Crystobawls has down at Oregon. He'll be like Gee Scott Sr wearing disguise
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Could be that Pete is trying to give Haener just enough of a carrot to stick around the program as a backup and be part of the 2020 QB battle
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Every time you hear, "we use to call it a sluggo," drink!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Awfully warm for August
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

Peterman is a stickler to a fault to his own system.

I think I have him figured out.

He wants absolute control, he'd rather have a Toyota Corolla with good tires (predictability) than a high end sports car that needs to be built up but comes with higher potential risk and maintenance. Do not ever beat yourself with mistakes.

All these trick plays and misdirection that Peterman is known for comes from a system of control in a short field rather than having a quarterback being capable of stretching a field.

When we had John Ross and Dante Pettis etc we had fancy tires and racing stripes but ultimately a limited engine in brownsocks. We only reached so far.

Now that we have bigger and potentially higher performing engines available in Eason, sirmon and yankoff - peterman can't help himself but keep haener and Morris types around to provide short field reliability and mistakes minimization.

It's a slow grind. Peterman is a poker grinder, grinding out profits.

Fucking frustrating at times but I guess you can't argue too much with the overall success.

Yeah I know this isn't anything new. I'm just lying in bed after unsuccessfully trying to get the wife to put out and I'm checking the forums ... Fuck!

Sounds like he is trying to over bore his cam shaft