Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reparations

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
Any leftards at the Tavern supporting government reparations to blacks? Like affirmative action for blacks, how are we going to define black for reparations for the damage that slavery which ended in 1865 supposedly has on blacks in 2019? Does Tiger get reparations? How about Ilhan Omar, the Somali refugee that is now a Congresswoman?
My pioneer English based ancestors were originally from New England and arrived in Oregon in the 1850s. For the historically illiterate leftards, Oregon was a Union state. My Swedish ancestors arrived in Minnesota in the 1880s. Probably saw a black person once a year, if that. Tough to blame Detroit and Chicago on them.
Should we have a special tax to pay for the reparations and who should pay the tax? Certainly not Michael Jordan or Oprah. Frankly, the whole idea of reparations is beyond toxic and should disqualify any candidate for US public office from any serious consideration. But for some reason, it doesn’t.
I eagerly await the leftard responses. No one loves an honest discussion about race more than a leftard. Flail away.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Any leftards at the Tavern supporting government reparations to blacks? Like affirmative action for blacks, how are we going to define black for reparations for the damage that slavery which ended in 1865 supposedly has on blacks in 2019? Does Tiger get reparations? How about Ilhan Omar, the Somali refugee that is now a Congresswoman?
    My pioneer English based ancestors were originally from New England and arrived in Oregon in the 1850s. For the historically illiterate leftards, Oregon was a Union state. My Swedish ancestors arrived in Minnesota in the 1880s. Probably saw a black person once a year, if that. Tough to blame Detroit and Chicago on them.
    Should we have a special tax to pay for the reparations and who should pay the tax? Certainly not Michael Jordan or Oprah. Frankly, the whole idea of reparations is beyond toxic and should disqualify any candidate for US public office from any serious consideration. But for some reason, it doesn’t.
    I eagerly await the leftard responses. No one loves an honest discussion about race more than a leftard. Flail away.

It's very clear you don't even have a basic understanding of the discussion.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Just more of that honest discussion about race that leftards are so eager for.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

It's very clear you don't even have a basic understanding of the discussion.
    You mean the discussion you lied about and claimed that only white racist were saying reparations involved direct cash payments to individuals and then I showed you a poll where over half of all blacks wanted reparations to include direct cash payments and then you ran and hid like a Kunt. Are you talking about that “discussion” Hondo?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    OK I'm all for reparations of they are paid by the descendants of the rich democrats that actually owned them. They should also be paid to every descendent of union soldiers by the same people.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Reparations are great - I would pay $2 million to each survivor that exists today.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    jecornel said:
    So - anybody north of the Mason Dixon line is exempt from this bullshit since they already saved the slaves once.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    Even if we did pay reparations, most of that money would wind up back in the hands of rich people within a few years.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Even if we did pay reparations, most of that money would wind up back in the hands of rich people within a few years.

Don't buy drugs

Buy some rims!

https://youtu.be/kDr48Bu9BOM
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

Shout to Dave Chappelle!

https://youtu.be/kMFJBd40Awo

https://youtu.be/FRZN7IzvCVs