Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Daily Ilhan

Comments

• HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

One of the dumbest ideas the left has is that America created terrorism and it's just the response.

Like wtf

Muslims have been fighting the infidels since the beginning of islam

The Iraq War sent the number of global jihadists skyrocketing by creating a sectarian holy war in the heart of the Middle East.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think I agree with her. I’m not interested enough to watch the full interview but I agree with the quotes provided.

We know for a fact that American actions cause terrorism. We’ve seen it the last 16 years with the wars we started. Accepting that doesn’t mean you have contempt for America, denying it means you have contempt for truth.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

The way she can barely contain her laughter...it's amazing the left can't see she hates America. She's not even trying to hide it.

What Derek just said. A good chunk of the left hates America right there with her. Obviously the electorate in Minnesota does. They knew what she was, and elected her anyway. Nothing good comes from Minnesota. Except Prince.
    Progressives seem to have a chinstinctive revulsion to the familiar, a certain homophobia of their own. Transexuals are celebrated simply because they are different, for example. This is most evident with progressive relationship to the Middle East and Islam. Their values couldn't be more different. However, Middle Eastern countries are opposed to the United States and thus are adopted as allies of the progressives, closer held by progressives the more virulent opposed to the US those countries are. By extension, Muslims are upheld by progressives because they believe Islamic values most challenge mainstream American values. Other than perhaps Islam's economic teachings, it's hard to see ideological comity between the two value sets.
    They mostly just hate white people

Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

The way she can barely contain her laughter...it's amazing the left can't see she hates America. She's not even trying to hide it.

What Derek just said. A good chunk of the left hates America right there with her. Obviously the electorate in Minnesota does. They knew what she was, and elected her anyway. Nothing good comes from Minnesota. Except Prince.
    Progressives seem to have a chinstinctive revulsion to the familiar, a certain homophobia of their own. Transexuals are celebrated simply because they are different, for example. This is most evident with progressive relationship to the Middle East and Islam. Their values couldn't be more different. However, Middle Eastern countries are opposed to the United States and thus are adopted as allies of the progressives, closer held by progressives the more virulent opposed to the US those countries are. By extension, Muslims are upheld by progressives because they believe Islamic values most challenge mainstream American values. Other than perhaps Islam's economic teachings, it's hard to see ideological comity between the two value sets.
    Don't dismiss the Muslim and the left both share a hatred of Western Civilization. There's also the reflexive need of leftists to side with the swarthy foreigners or the white westerners. The fact that Muslims hate gays, treat women like property, and are religious fanatics, when the left supposedly hates people who espouse any of these beliefs if they are Christians is something that is an objection that easily overcome if the Muslims shares the typical leftists hatred of America and the Jews.
    The Western Civilization line is so funny because what is American culture but a sterile suburban strip mall lined by decadent fast food joints. That’s the civilization you want to defend? What’s your favorite Opera Bob?
    case in poont.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I fucking hate America. Mostly because all fucktards in the Tug.

Thoughtful.
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Thoughtful.
    Eloquent. Painful.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think I agree with her. I’m not interested enough to watch the full interview but I agree with the quotes provided.

We know for a fact that American actions cause terrorism. We’ve seen it the last 16 years with the wars we started. Accepting that doesn’t mean you have contempt for America, denying it means you have contempt for truth.

Better give us a rundown chronologically on that.

I don't accept 'as fact' that American actions cause or caused terrorism. That's a blanket generality if there ever was one.

Or are you going to play the 'you just don't understand' card right out of the chute?

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder if the FGM rate being 98% in Somalia plays into her being so salty.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Don't dismiss the Muslim and the left both share a hatred of Western Civilization. There's also the reflexive need of leftists to side with the swarthy foreigners or the white westerners. The fact that Muslims hate gays, treat women like property, and are religious fanatics, when the left supposedly hates people who espouse any of these beliefs if they are Christians is something that is an objection that easily overcome if the Muslims shares the typical leftists hatred of America and the Jews.
    The Western Civilization line is so funny because what is American culture but a sterile suburban strip mall lined by decadent fast food joints. That’s the civilization you want to defend? What’s your favorite Opera Bob?
    Thanks for making my point. You hate this country so much that you believe that Western Civilization and American culture is reduced to nothing more than sterile strip mall and fast food. Why do you live here if you really believe that?
    Standard Supporter

One of the dumbest ideas the left has is that America created terrorism and it's just the response.

Like wtf

Muslims have been fighting the infidels since the beginning of islam

The Iraq War sent the number of global jihadists skyrocketing by creating a sectarian holy war in the heart of the Middle East.
    This is the school of thought that believes we never should have attacked the Japanese because we just made them madder.
    Standard Supporter

Self hatred is a big part of being a liberal these days

Have you apologized for being white yet?
    Self-hatred and hatred of your country and our values and hatred of Western Civilization. This is the biggest difference between liberal elites today and liberal elites a hundred years ago. A hundred years ago both liberals and Conservatives believed that Americanizing newly arriving immigrants was a good thing, teaching them American values and culture was something that both liberals and Conservatives thought was a good thing.

Not any more.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Civil war is going to be awesome.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I feel bad that we have lost APAG forever.
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

I feel bad that we have lost APAG forever.
    Nothing's changed with ze