Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stanford has no home field advantage in row boat

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I only know how to row downhill.

that's cheating
    Only if you are good at it. Ever fuck up a line through a rapid? You'll be doing a lot more cardio than just rowing.
    Especially if you fuck up on a river back in Appalachia near @Swaye ‘s trailer. You’ll be squealing like a pig in no time.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I only know how to row downhill.

that's cheating
    Only if you are good at it. Ever fuck up a line through a rapid? You'll be doing a lot more cardio than just rowing.
    Especially if you fuck up on a river back in Appalachia near @Swaye ‘s trailer. You’ll be squealing like a pig in no time.

You’re gonna do some praying to me now City boy.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I only row on those water rower machines. Still count?

You can come over to my garage when you’re ready to do your official piece for time.
    What are your C2 times? fancy pants.
    I was so inspired by @MikeDamone I just did a quick 20 min C2 piece on my lunch break. 20 mins at 20 SPM. 2:05 splits. Fuck I'm old and out of shape.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019

I had no idea what you guys were talking about with a "C2." Figured you actually went out on a boat and did some rowing or some shit. So I'm just now back from the gym at work. I've been trying to get back into shape (other than "round") the last couple of months and getting back into the gym. My workouts always start with a warmup on the rowing machine, usually with a mile in about seven minutes.

Today, I sit down on the machine and start rowing, the screen lights up, and it flashes the C2 logo. I'm like, "Oh! Fuck! This thing is what they're talking about!?"

Now, I'm not about to be on the "what's your bench?" thread bragging about my single digit number, but I figure, "Alright, here's my chance. I'm gonna rowboat like a motherfucker and then go back to HH and swing some dick."

If that fat fuck Damone can pull 2:00 splits, that's what I'm shooting for. So I start rowboating like mad...

...and collapse at 2500m. 2:00.7 split time. Hung my head in shame and retreated to the elliptical like a bitch. So I guess I'm back to HH to, I don't know, jiggle some micropenis?

csb

LOL. Most cardio type machines are crap except for the C2 because you can actually strengthen almost all your muscle groups with it and get anaerobic in a hurry. It’s arguably the best all around piece of fitness equipment ever invented. Hence the popularity with the Cross Fit bros.

I did letter at UW in Row Boat so PM me if you ever want C2 advice.

ps Danone’s time indicates he’s not a fat fuck. He must be skrong AF from lifting toilette all day.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I had no idea what you guys were talking about with a "C2." Figured you actually went out on a boat and did some rowing or some shit. So I'm just now back from the gym at work. I've been trying to get back into shape (other than "round") the last couple of months and getting back into the gym. My workouts always start with a warmup on the rowing machine, usually with a mile in about seven minutes.

Today, I sit down on the machine and start rowing, the screen lights up, and it flashes the C2 logo. I'm like, "Oh! Fuck! This thing is what they're talking about!?"

Now, I'm not about to be on the "what's your bench?" thread bragging about my single digit number, but I figure, "Alright, here's my chance. I'm gonna rowboat like a motherfucker and then go back to HH and swing some dick."

If that fat fuck Damone can pull 2:00 splits, that's what I'm shooting for. So I start rowboating like mad...

...and collapse at 2500m. 2:00.7 split time. Hung my head in shame and retreated to the elliptical like a bitch. So I guess I'm back to HH to, I don't know, jiggle some micropenis?

csb

You did 2500m in 2:00.7?
    Swaye's Wigwam

csb

No you dumb boov - that was his average 500 M split tim.

csb

No you dumb boov - that was his average 500 M split tim.
    Not a rowboater, middle distance runner where we use 400m splits.

Thought he miss typed the distance and meant 500m instead of 2500m.

It's hard.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

csb

LOL. Most cardio type machines are crap except for the C2 because you can actually strengthen almost all your muscle groups with it and get anaerobic in a hurry. It’s arguably the best all around piece of fitness equipment ever invented. Hence the popularity with the Cross Fit bros.

ps Danone’s time indicates he’s not a fat fuck. He must be skrong AF from lifting toilette all day.
    I know. But Damone's 14,000+ posts suggest he is!

This is what I picture every single HH poster (myself included) looks like:

csb

I know. But Damone's 14,000+ posts suggest he is!

This is what I picture every single HH poster (myself included) looks like:

I don't even have a desk. I just sit on a couch in my basement.
    #metoo
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think I did a 7:10 2k on the erg over 20 years ago. It wasn't bad for a skinny little 158 lb. guy. Now I'm fat, old, rich, poor and white though
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More C2 hawt talk:

What resistance setting are you guys using for these 10K tests? I've been making pretty big improvements, but I still get the impression that I could row every day for five years and still not make it to 10K without dying. I've plateued at between 3600 and 4K, depending on the day, at about a 2:03 clip. Then I cry for a half hour.
    Swaye's Wigwam

More C2 hawt talk:

What resistance setting are you guys using for these 10K tests? I've been making pretty big improvements, but I still get the impression that I could row every day for five years and still not make it to 10K without dying. I've plateued at between 3600 and 4K, depending on the day, at about a 2:03 clip. Then I cry for a half hour.

You want to be at a damper (resistance) setting of somewhere between 4 and 5 and no more than that. Putting it at 10 is for cross fit jack adding around.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

More C2 hawt talk:

Swaye's Wigwam
    So 4 or 5 simulates an 8 man boat pretty well?
    Swaye's Wigwam

So 4 or 5 simulates an 8 man boat pretty well?

Yes. It’s the closest to the feel of the water in an eight.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

More C2 hawt talk:

Nyet!!
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

More C2 hawt talk:

Nyet!!
    I row at 8 whether it's 2k, 10k, half marathon, or full marathon. Just feels comfortablest. It's been decades since I've been in a reel boat, so mimicking the feel is lost on me
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

More C2 hawt talk:

Nyet!!
    I row at 8 whether it's 2k, 10k, half marathon, or full marathon. Just feels comfortablest. It's been decades since I've been in a reel boat, so mimicking the feel is lost on me
    As long as your back ain’t hurting I reckon you’re ok.