Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

Meek said:

so is he suggesting Coach Pete desperately wants Jr now?

I assume he's referring to EC's former coach
    Yup and I have a feeling EC’s head coach has been filling in Pete on who’s parents are trouble for a while now
    He’s gone man... horrible fire
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wiltfong mentioned that every time he sees Gee he is better and better. Said he was the most exciting player to watch today at the Florida 7 on 7.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wiltfong mentioned that every time he sees Gee he is better and better. Said he was the most exciting player to watch today at the Florida 7 on 7.

But what did he say about his dad?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    Meek said:

But what did he say about his dad?

• RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019
    RDR said:

Exhibit Z of Gee Sr. being a complete douche. Also, that's just not true. Why would someone in let's just say "Ohio", appreciate FSP more than someone in Washington? They don't. Let it go already, Gee.

We?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Another example of a father that is too involved in his kids life
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

what does this guy do again (aside from Twitter)?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

what does this guy do again (aside from Twitter)?
    Some local radio show
  • RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gee comes off like a complete douche but I am open to the idea that I do not in any way understand his perspective or where he came from. The guy went from washing Seahawks' cars to a career in local sports journalism. He has hustle and some kind of talent.

Yeah, he clearly has a bone to pick with CP and is overinvolved in Jr's career, so what? This isn't a fucking peewee team. Helicopter parents shouldn't scare us away from an elite talent. This is NCAA big boy football, CP should be able to handle Sr. without any effect on his program or its culture. In fact, having Sr. on your side promoting UW on twitter, etc. could actually be a good thing. If it isn't working out for Jr. he doesn't have to remain an unhappy member of the team in today's culture- he can just enter the portal.

It would be a different story if Jr. was uncoachable but ummmm he is lighting it up with FSP with no issues with teammates or coaches. He hasn't transferred high schools a single time. Never been suspended or benched. Apparently yelled at his coach- and that coach is now gone. Get over it.

Offer him.

Agree with most of this except for Gee Sr. having some kind of talent, but he can hustle. I'll give him that, but he was clearly originally hired because of his connections with Seahawk players. Did you ever listen to him talk sports on 710? It was fuckin painful. There's a reason he's now on KIRO at 7:00 PM talking politics.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It’s not we are leading for or in a good spot for two superior prospects in Johnny and Jalen
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

It’s not we are leading for or in a good spot for two superior prospects in Johnny and Jalen

Take all three and Hobert in the slot.

Level up.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Superior is questionable. Gee appears to me to at least to be in the same class.

"Leading for" and "in a good spot" are wishy-washy doogman bullshit.

What do you estimate as our actual chances of landing Johnny? Jalen? We have to go head to head with all the big boys on both.

Meanwhile we had this kid in our backyard that would have committed in a second. We fucked up. Lets try to save it.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Superior is questionable. Gee appears to me to at least to be in the same class.

"Leading for" and "in a good spot" are wishy-washy doogman bullshit.

What do you estimate as our actual chances of landing Johnny? Jalen? We have to go head to head with all the big boys on both.

Meanwhile we had this kid in our backyard that would have committed in a second. We fucked up. Lets try to save it.
    Best guess we get Jalen and not Jonny. But I think it's more likely we get both than neither. We are in a very good spot.