Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Time to quit fucking around and offer

If you're a local kid who wants a UW offer and UW is clearly your dream school, trying to use our biggest rival as a side piece to leverage an offer from UW probably isn't a good way to go about it. Don't whore yourself out to make the girl you really want jealous. Playing little immature teen boy games is probably going to lessen your chances at getting an offer from Petersen. That's what I'm worried about.
    This is such a bad take. Pete can’t talk about how they take their time with offers and also how they want kids to visit other schools to make sure their 100% on UW, and then also hold it against a kid for visiting another local school who already has offered both he and his brother. What are they supposed to do, just sit on their hands and wait in hopes Pete actually offers and in the meantime not visit any other top Pac12 programs?
    Sure, he wants guys to take all their visits. But having his profile picture on Twitter being him in an Oregon uniform and talking about following in his brothers footsteps to Oregon is playing games. It's obviously a jab at UW for not offering him yet and trying to make them jealous or force their hand. I don't care. But Petersen passes on dudes so easily because he's so confident in what he's building you just never know if something like that would rub him the wrong way and make him think "whatever, go to Oregon then". If I were Latu, I'd wipe Oregon shit from my Twitter and just be publicly impartial with all the schools.
    1) Latu isn’t trying to make UW jealous by posting Oregon stuff. His brother just committed and he visited himself. He’s enjoying himself because he is an elite recruit with every top school in the country sucking his dick, and he is 2 years from signing. He is going to enjoy every minute and he fucking should.

2) You do care. You care a lot. You’re saying a kid is whoring himself our because he made his profile picture one from a photo shoot at a school he just visited. Welcome to recruiting for the last 8 years.

3) Pete doesn’t give 2 shits about any of this. He wouldn’t drop a kid for visiting Oregon or hyping his brother up. See: every top recruit on the west coast (Budda Baker, Elijah Molden, Cam Williams, etc)

4) He doesn’t need to wipe Oregon from his twitter. Every recruit changes their profile pic based on who he visited last. Are you saying any of this shit about Savvy?

5) You are an insufferable cunt.
    You had me at "1)" but I read the word cunt and I'm completely sweptoff my feet.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited March 2019

Domicillo said:

If you're a local kid who wants a UW offer and UW is clearly your dream school, trying to use our biggest rival as a side piece to leverage an offer from UW probably isn't a good way to go about it. Don't whore yourself out to make the girl you really want jealous. Playing little immature teen boy games is probably going to lessen your chances at getting an offer from Petersen. That's what I'm worried about.
    This is such a bad take. Pete can’t talk about how they take their time with offers and also how they want kids to visit other schools to make sure their 100% on UW, and then also hold it against a kid for visiting another local school who already has offered both he and his brother. What are they supposed to do, just sit on their hands and wait in hopes Pete actually offers and in the meantime not visit any other top Pac12 programs?
    Sure, he wants guys to take all their visits. But having his profile picture on Twitter being him in an Oregon uniform and talking about following in his brothers footsteps to Oregon is playing games. It's obviously a jab at UW for not offering him yet and trying to make them jealous or force their hand. I don't care. But Petersen passes on dudes so easily because he's so confident in what he's building you just never know if something like that would rub him the wrong way and make him think "whatever, go to Oregon then". If I were Latu, I'd wipe Oregon shit from my Twitter and just be publicly impartial with all the schools.
    1) Latu isn’t trying to make UW jealous by posting Oregon stuff. His brother just committed and he visited himself. He’s enjoying himself because he is an elite recruit with every top school in the country sucking his dick, and he is 2 years from signing. He is going to enjoy every minute and he fucking should.

2) You do care. You care a lot. You’re saying a kid is whoring himself our because he made his profile picture one from a photo shoot at a school he just visited. Welcome to recruiting for the last 8 years.

3) Pete doesn’t give 2 shits about any of this. He wouldn’t drop a kid for visiting Oregon or hyping his brother up. See: every top recruit on the west coast (Budda Baker, Elijah Molden, Cam Williams, etc)

4) He doesn’t need to wipe Oregon from his twitter. Every recruit changes their profile pic based on who he visited last. Are you saying any of this shit about Savvy?

Like I said, Kalepo and Smalls play premium positions. They can get away with more than most other recruits. But once committed, even guys like that have a limit to what Coach Pete will tolerate. There's a reason most of the recruits UW drops soon commit to Oregon (Criddell, Delgado, Pittman). There's a reason recruits that don't have a UW offer but really want one publicly show affection for Oregon or become soft commits to Oregon. Recruits know what's up. If they can't go to UW, they want to go to Oregon as a "fuck you to UW" because they all know about the rivalry. If they don't have a UW offer they'll use Oregon as leverage. Petersen is very fickle and only has patience for must get recruits who play these games pinning UW against Oregon in recruiting. Latu is not a must get recruit. ILB recruiting is looking very good right now with or without him. If they get who they want at ILB in 2020 they might only take Ethan Calvert in 2021 and one other guy (Julien Simon maybe) and be done. I wouldn't test my luck if I were either of the Latu brother's. What Oregon is selling is diametrically opposed to what UW is selling. You don't want to look like an Oregon guy if you're trying to be a UW guy. Petersen will drop you like a hot potato just like they did Pittman and tell you straight up to go to Oregon.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

Like I said, Kalepo and Smalls play premium positions. They can get away with more than most other recruits. But once committed, even guys like that have a limit to what Coach Pete will tolerate. There's a reason most of the recruits UW drops soon commit to Oregon (Criddell, Delgado, Pittman). There's a reason recruits that don't have a UW offer but really want one publicly show affection for Oregon or become soft commits to Oregon. Recruits know what's up. If they can't go to UW, they want to go to Oregon as a "fuck you to UW" because they all know about the rivalry. If they don't have a UW offer they'll use Oregon as leverage. Petersen is very fickle and only has patience for must get recruits who play these games pinning UW against Oregon in recruiting. Latu is not a must get recruit. ILB recruiting is looking very good right now with or without him. If they get who they want at ILB in 2020 they might only take Ethan Calvert in 2021 and one other guy (Julien Simon maybe) and be done. I wouldn't test my luck if I were either of the Latu brother's. What Oregon is selling is diametrically opposed to what UW is selling. You don't want to look like an Oregon guy if you're trying to be a UW guy. Petersen will drop you like a hot potato just like they did Pittman and tell you straight up to go to Oregon.
    A lot of assumptions in that bs.

Cam Williams.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Domicillo said:

BD. ET. AR.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sometimes you say really smart shit. This is not one of those rare occasions.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Sometimes you say really smart shit. This is not one of those rare mythical occasions.
    edited March 2019

Domicillo said:

Cam Williams.
    Cam Williams what? That's a completely different situation. He was an out-of-state recruit from California without a UW offer or USC offer. He wasn't really even on UW's radar until after he had already committed to Oregon and didn't get to meet the UW coaches until he got the offer months after committing to Oregon. Him committing to Oregon was not him doing fuck boy shit playing games and trying to leverage an offer from UW. He genuinely thought they were his best option without offers from UW, SC, and the grades for an offer from Stanford.

This is an in-state recruit who's been on the radar from a very early age who the coaches have met with face to face and explained to him what he needs to do to earn an offer. He's publicly made it known UW is the school he wants to go to. But then he makes his profile picture on Twitter him in an Oregon uniform as some fuck boy shit. Obviously Petersen is very picky about the personalities he wants on his team. If you're already a kid that's an academic risk, don't do anything extra that might make Pete think you're not a personality fit at UW because you want to play games flaunting yourself in the uniform of UW's biggest rival after already making it known you want to go to UW. It's like an Alabama kid who's made it known he wants a Bama offer and they're his dream school but then he makes his Twitter profile pic a photo of him in an Auburn uniform. That's what I would call fuck boy shit. Just don't do it. Chill out and earn the offer you want in the classroom instead of playing games on Twitter man.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The SAC schtick is tired. His walls of texts are tiring just to look at. I can't imagine the level of insanity to actually write them.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Cam Williams.
    Cam Williams what? That's a completely different situation. He was an out-of-state recruit from California without a UW offer or USC offer. He wasn't really even on UW's radar until after he had already committed to Oregon and didn't get to meet the UW coaches until he got the offer months after committing to Oregon. Him committing to Oregon was not him doing fuck boy shit playing games and trying to leverage an offer from UW. He genuinely thought they were his best option without offers from UW, SC, and the grades for an offer from Stanford.

This is an in-state recruit who's been on the radar from a very early age who the coaches have met with face to face and explained to him what he needs to do to earn an offer. He's publicly made it known UW is the school he wants to go to. But then he makes his profile picture on Twitter him in an Oregon uniform as some fuck boy shit. Obviously Petersen is very picky about the personalities he wants on his team. If you're already a kid that's an academic risk, don't do anything extra that might make Pete think you're not a personality fit at UW because you want to play games flaunting yourself in the uniform of UW's biggest rival after already making it known you want to go to UW. It's like an Alabama kid who's made it known he wants a Bama offer and they're his dream school but then he makes his Twitter profile pic a photo of him in an Auburn uniform. That's what I would call fuck boy shit. Just don't do it. Chill out and earn the offer you want in the classroom instead of playing games on Twitter man.
    Take this shit to Doogman where it belongs.
    We only want OKG's.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I wouldn't be surprised if he commits before leaving campus if he gets one