Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The disrespect is unreal

Comments

• dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    UW is pretty hard to gauge until Nowell and McDaniels officially decide. We are losing the defensive player of the year and potentially our only reliable scorer from last year. That's not insignificant. Hell, Hameir Wright would be our second leading scorer returning if Nowell leaves.

If they both come back I could see UW being right ahead of Duke at #5 on that list. It is hard to rely on freshmen, but we would be insanely talented.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited April 2019

dawgs206 said:

UW is pretty hard to gauge until Nowell and McDaniels officially decide. We are losing the defensive player of the year and potentially our only reliable scorer from last year. That's not insignificant. Hell, Hameir Wright would be our second leading scorer returning if Nowell leaves.

If they both come back I could see UW being right ahead of Duke at #5 on that list. It is hard to rely on freshmen, but we would be insanely talented.

If Nowell comes back, they are a top 15-20 team, maybe as high as 12. Without him, border line top 25 seems fair. Oregon is getting a high ranking assuming Louis King and Wooten come back. If either or both go, Oregon will fall fast from those rankings.
    If Nowell leaves I'm fine with being left off the rankings. But if we Nowell comes back and we land McDaniels, that's two consensus top 6 freshmen, reigning conference player of the year, and a 5-star transfer from Kentucky that averaged 9 points a game in his 1.5 years there in our starting lineup.

Oregon will be legit if Wooten and King return. Wooten has to be on the short list for DPOY, but I think I'd like our pieces outside of those top guys more.

A lot of the rankings will depend on who ends up going pro and 8-20 seem fairly interchangeable right now, but there are a few teams (Duke) on the list that are overrated.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

If Nowell comes back, they are a top 15-20 team, maybe as high as 12. Without him, border line top 25 seems fair. Oregon is getting a high ranking assuming Louis King and Wooten come back. If either or both go, Oregon will fall fast from those rankings.
    If Nowell leaves I'm fine with being left off the rankings. But if we Nowell comes back and we land McDaniels, that's two consensus top 6 freshmen, reigning conference player of the year, and a 5-star transfer from Kentucky that averaged 9 points a game in his 1.5 years there in our starting lineup.

Oregon will be legit if Wooten and King return. Wooten has to be on the short list for DPOY, but I think I'd like our pieces outside of those top guys more.

A lot of the rankings will depend on who ends up going pro and 8-20 seem fairly interchangeable right now, but there are a few teams (Duke) on the list that are overrated.
    True, but Oregon also has 5 star CJ Walker coming too, and Prichard is playing better.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

True, but Oregon also has 5 star CJ Walker coming too, and Prichard is playing better.
    CJ Walker is a top 30 player. Big difference between two top 5 players.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

Yes, but he's joining a team with established talent. Prichard, King, Wooten, and Okoro are no joke. I also think Oregon gets credit for Altman, as he's arguably a top 10 coach nationally.

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

Yes, but he's joining a team with established talent. Prichard, King, Wooten, and Okoro are no joke.
    Duh. I think Nowell stays btw. King is a better NBA prospect.

I fully expect McDaniels to come to UW. Obviously already have Stewart and Battle. Instantly giving UW the most talented roster on the west coast mixed in with really good veterans like Quade, Naz, Wright, and an elite player in Nowell. I expect Bey to really step up offensively and be a 8/9 ppg scorer. Also with BPJ and Roberts coming off redshirt and be absolute freaks of nature athletically at 7 ft plus with insanely long arms.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

Yes, but he's joining a team with established talent. Prichard, King, Wooten, and Okoro are no joke.

I fully expect McDaniels to come to UW. Obviously already have Stewart and Battle. Instantly giving UW the most talented roster on the west coast mixed in with really good veterans like Quade, Naz, Wright, and an elite player in Nowell. I expect Bey to really step up offensively and be a 8/9 ppg scorer. Also with BPJ and Roberts coming off redshirt and be absolute freaks of nature athletically at 7 ft plus with insanely long arms.
    Mark few would like a word.
    2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

They lose a lot next year.

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

Have you seen Gonzagas top 5 recruiting class?
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

They’ll be good but inexperienced. They have like 7 dudes in their class. Should be top 10.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

They’ll be good but inexperienced. They have like 7 dudes in their class. Should be top 10.
    UW will be inexperienced too. As much as I like our team. As it stands now, Arizona has the number 1 recruiting class. It's not clear cut that we have the most talent out west.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

UW will be inexperienced too. As much as I like our team. As it stands now, Arizona has the number 1 recruiting class. It's not clear cut that we have the most talent out west.
    I’m assuming Quade is legit which I think he is and Nowell stays. Not many teams could match-up with our starting 5 and depth.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

I’m assuming Quade is legit which I think he is and Nowell stays. Not many teams could match-up with our starting 5 and depth.
    I'm hoping Quade isn't Abdul Gaddy. Although I blame Romar for part of that. (And injury)

Totally agree that not many teams will match up out west. In fact, it's Gonzaga, zona, whoregon and us as the top 4 teams out west next year.

Now on the experience part, whoregon has the advantage. Look at the tournament the last few years. The teams loaded with Juniors and seniors are generally over playing their seed and the freshman teams are generally bowing out early. See Duke and Kentucky this year.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

I'm hoping Quade isn't Abdul Gaddy. Although I blame Romar for part of that. (And injury)

Totally agree that not many teams will match up out west. In fact, it's Gonzaga, zona, whoregon and us as the top 4 teams out west next year.

Now on the experience part, whoregon has the advantage. Look at the tournament the last few years. The teams loaded with Juniors and seniors are generally over playing their seed and the freshman teams are generally bowing out early. See Duke and Kentucky this year.
    Oregon’s going to be good. It’ll be a war when we play them next year. Quade ain’t Gaddy. Quade has an elite floor game. He’s a great playmaker and can hit threes off the bounce and the catch. He’ll be awesome. My homie who’s a team manager said Quade was the best player on the team. He would take the bench dudes and beat the ones. He said his skills are crazy and he’s probably the hardest worker on the team. He’s also a great leader.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

Oregon’s going to be good. It’ll be a war when we play them next year. Quade ain’t Gaddy. Quade has an elite floor game. He’s a great playmaker and can hit threes off the bounce and the catch. He’ll be awesome. My homie who’s a team manager said Quade was the best player on the team. He would take the bench dudes and beat the ones. He said his skills are crazy and he’s probably the hardest worker on the team. He’s also a great leader.
    I hope your homie is right. Next year, hopefully we get a couple good non conference wins and 15-3 for conference record means something.