Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

JTT’s not about to pop, but realistically he’s going to UW. A bunch of friends on the team, Danny, Vita both first rounders and Malloe is crootin im.

CRYSTAL DONG.

Ok.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    How you gon let a D-lineman run down the field and catch the game winning TD? 🤣 He's a young Veetuh.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

How you gon let a D-lineman run down the field and catch the game winning TD? 🤣 He's a young Veetuh.

Nah his ceiling is way higher than Vita’s...
    edited April 2019

No it's not. He's about 280 right now. When Vita was 280 he was a high school RB with enough speed to run away from linebackers and DB's. Nobody is more talented than Vita. Nobody.
    JT is close but he ain't out there running and moving like Vita was at the same size. Y'all need the check yourselves.

https://youtu.be/_Q--ZYUOc2I
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I enjoyed the overweight coach running to celebrate and none of the kids acknowledged him.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

JT is close but he ain't out there running and moving like Vita was at the same size. Y'all need the check yourselves.

Yeah he’s playing safety and WR in 7on7 lol.
    edited April 2019

No he's not. He's playing LB and TE. Still very impressive and he's deserving of being ranked the #1 recruit in his class but saying his ceiling is way higher than Vita's is just recency bias because he's the next big thing. It's a fair comparison between the two but he's not more talented than Vita. He's very close. Just not quite as fast as Vita was at the same size.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

No he's not. He's playing LB and TE. Still very impressive and he's deserving of being ranked the #1 recruit in his class but saying his ceiling is way higher than Vita's is just recency bias because he's the next big thing. It's a fair comparison between the two but he's not more talented than Vita. He's very close. Just not quite as fast as Vita was at the same size.
    JT can do more. Vita is limited by the positional priority of stopping the run in the NFL & I think if he was smaller and more versatile you’d have an argument. JT can play ILB, OLB, Wide 9, Stong 5, and 3 down to Zero. Vita is fuckin unreal just to be able to go 0-3 teq.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

Notice how he follows Kawasaki and not Malloe

malloe doesn't recruit bucks.
    Disagree
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

emtman
    edited April 2019

JT can do more. Vita is limited by the positional priority of stopping the run in the NFL & I think if he was smaller and more versatile you’d have an argument. JT can play ILB, OLB, Wide 9, Stong 5, and 3 down to Zero. Vita is fuckin unreal just to be able to go 0-3 teq.
    Versatility does not equate to being more talented or having a higher ceiling.

And JT cannot play ILB or OLB, get the fuck out of here. As a collegiate player, he'll be exclusively a D-lineman just like Vita. It's an apples to oranges comparison in terms of versatility because JT has not reached his growth potential yet. Nobody knows how big he will get but when he reaches that growth potential, his versatility will diminish. Will he grow to be as big as Vita? Probably not. Is he as freakishly fast as Vita was when he was 280? No.

Vita is not restricted to just being a run stuffer. One-on-one, he is unblockable as a pass rusher due to his overpowering strength and ridiculous get off for a man his size. As he develops his pass rush repertoire in the NFL, he will become a perennial All-Pro and if he stays healthy, a Hall of Famer.

JT is a phenomenal prospect. 1st round, top-10 talent and all that, but he's not quite as freakish as Vita was at the same age. But he's very close. Either way, he's awesome and should go to UW.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Another SAC delusional meltdown thread. Great. FML.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I stand with SAC #cobralivesmatter. It think it will be very hard to top the level vita reached his last year. He absolutely dominated the cal game. They had no answer for him.