Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Most scenic mountain summit in the USA?

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mt Whitney, CA
    dflea said:

Mt. Rainier is a boss with more snow and ice than all the other Cascade peaks combined. But Denali is a fuckin' monster compared to the others on the list and will definitely fuck you up. A buddy of mine is a ranger on Denali and it's killing people all the time.

Cool mountains kill people. So that's why I voted.

One my teammates and best frens guides trips on Denali every year. Crazy weather up there and worse than Everest in this respeck. He had to testify in a court case up there once when some folks sold the couch on the mountain.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mt Rainier, WA
    dflea said:

Mt. Rainier is a boss with more snow and ice than all the other Cascade peaks combined. But Denali is a fuckin' monster compared to the others on the list and will definitely fuck you up. A buddy of mine is a ranger on Denali and it's killing people all the time.

Cool mountains kill people. So that's why I voted.

TAHOMA TOWN TUFF
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mt Shasta, CA
    A couple of the big west volcanoes blow and we got way less than 12 years before we die.

So there's that
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019
    Mt Rainier, WA
    I live at a high enough elevation to not worry. If I start choking on the ash, I'll just start driving south and take a vacation at Shasta or Crater Lake. I hope everyone in the valley dies. It will fix the fucking traffic real quick.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Denali, AK
    I was fishing on Lake Limerick in Shelton the morning Mt. St. Helens blew up. We heard it blow, but didn't know what it was. It didn't take long before a guy in another boat told us St, Helens had blown up, so we went back to my friend's house to see what was going on.

There were rumors of a huge wall of mud taking out I-5, and other assorted damage. We hopped in the car, headed up to Capitol Forest and found a lookout spot where we could see St. Helens. The cloud of ash was massive and miles high. The wind was going east so we didn't really gaf, but the skies went dark in Cooger country. 57 people got toasted, so it just goes to show you that fucking around on an actively erupting volcano is a bad idea. Living in Orting is probably a bad idea, too.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mt Hood, OR
    dflea said:

I was fishing on Lake Limerick in Shelton the morning Mt. St. Helens blew up. We heard it blow, but didn't know what it was. It didn't take long before a guy in another boat told us St, Helens had blown up, so we went back to my friend's house to see what was going on.

There were rumors of a huge wall of mud taking out I-5, and other assorted damage. We hopped in the car, headed up to Capitol Forest and found a lookout spot where we could see St. Helens. The cloud of ash was massive and miles high. The wind was going east so we didn't really gaf, but the skies went dark in Cooger country. 57 people got toasted, so it just goes to show you that fucking around on an actively erupting volcano is a bad idea. Living in Orting is probably a bad idea, too.

I was working in the Midwest when St Helens blew, that winter the ash caused orange snow or like some in the tug like to call it Trump Snow. the Weather Channel could have been BSing but I fell for it
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    I was living in Modesto

Didn't feel or hear a thing
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mt Whitney, CA
    BearsWiin said:

I was living in Modesto

Didn't feel or hear a thing

Me neither. I think I was visiting my great grandparents in Turlock in 1980.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mt Shasta, CA
    Ah yes the Big Titties