Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next years starting five?

13»

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I feel good about Hardy at pg to start the season. He can handle the ball and then distribute to all the scorers after that.

Totally agree. Hardy seems like a less spazzed out, bigger Crisp. The big difference being that it took Crisp four years to turn down the dumb a little. I imagine Hardy will refine his game this off season and be a pretty decent PG next year as a sophomore. I like what little of his game I've seen so far.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I feel good about Hardy at pg to start the season. He can handle the ball and then distribute to all the scorers after that.

Totally agree. Hardy seems like a less spazzed out, bigger Crisp. The big difference being that it took Crisp four years to turn down the dumb a little. I imagine Hardy will refine his game this off season and be a pretty decent PG next year as a sophomore. I like what little of his game I've seen so far.
    I don't know how you could get to this determination?

Hardy played an average 1.5 mins in 11 total games this season almost entirely during white waterboy time.

If Hardy is actually just one off season away from being a "pretty decent PG" or "less spazzed out, bigger Crisp" then he probably should have played a lot more this year, because we really could have used someone other than Crisp at times.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DeepDawg said:

Houhusky said:

Domicillo said:

Bey
    Carter
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

Bey/Carter/McDaniels share ball handling duties, lots of pick and rolls with Stewart. Bey moves to first off bench/defensive stopper when Quade is eligible

While I like the idea of getting carter and bey in the game at the same time this ignores how shitty of a ball handling team we were last year. We couldn't break a press or half court pressure. I can't handle another year without a point guard.

Carter is a scorer, not someone you want setting the offense. That line up would be an absolute turnover machine.
    I dont think there is anyway to get around the fact that Hardy AND Carter are both going to heavily be relied upon at the start of the season as ball handlers.

Not good

Hardy played like 20 TOTAL mins last year (why he didnt RS?)

And Carter, who really played much better as the season progressed, is still basically a athletic guard that struggles to shoot and has a tendency to revert to playing like he is in high school trying to out athlete everyone again.

When is Al-Quade going to be available to play for us? It will be interesting to see how Hop deals with the fact that the 1&2 guard play is likely going to be really really poor to start the season.
    Chinned for Al-Quade. Good chit
    Would have also accepted "Quade, start the reactor"
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I don't know how you could get to this determination?

Hardy played an average 1.5 mins in 11 total games this season almost entirely during white waterboy time.

If Hardy is actually just one off season away from being a "pretty decent PG" or "less spazzed out, bigger Crisp" then he probably should have played a lot more this year, because we really could have used someone other than Crisp at times.
    Hardy played at the end of the few games that got out of hand. Maybe he was just super excited that he was on the floor but he seemed to play at 1000mph. Subbing a spazzed out senior PG for an excitable freshman in any of the 24 tight games played this year might not have been a good recipe for success. One is an under talented senior the other a true frosh. One player is maxed out on his potential and 22 years old, the other a true freshman that has just begun his development under Hopkins. I thin that Hardy reins in his excitement and shows off his nice handles and becomes a decent option at point guard as a sophomore. Don't twist, I watched him 11 times this year and liked what little I saw. If you didn't that's fine. I respect that.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IMG has a LOT of dudes. Who did they lose to? Jesus.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Terrence Jones, Aaron Gordon, Enis Canter, Demarcus Cousins the second place finisher of the past streak has officially ended.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    DawgFader said:

Terrence Jones, Aaron Gordon, Enis Canter, Demarcus Cousins the second place finisher of the past streak has officially ended.

Holy shit man read your own list.

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL HE SIGNS!!!
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
    Punctuation is not my freind. :( ?????