Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next years starting five?

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019
    Stewart looks like the fucking hulk on a basketball court. It’s legitimately scary. Oh and he’s legitimately a good 3 pt shooter
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019

Domicillo said:

Bey
    Carter
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

Bey/Carter/McDaniels share ball handling duties, lots of pick and rolls with Stewart. Bey moves to first off bench/defensive stopper when Quade is eligible

While I like the idea of getting carter and bey in the game at the same time this ignores how shitty of a ball handling team we were last year. We couldn't break a press or half court pressure. I can't handle another year without a point guard.

Carter is a scorer, not someone you want setting the offense. That line up would be an absolute turnover machine.
    I dont think there is anyway to get around the fact that Hardy AND Carter are both going to heavily be relied upon at the start of the season as ball handlers.

Not good

Hardy played like 20 TOTAL mins last year (why he didnt RS?)

And Carter, who really played much better as the season progressed, is still basically a athletic guard that struggles to shoot and has a tendency to revert to playing like he is in high school trying to out athlete everyone again.

When is Al-Quade going to be available to play for us? It will be interesting to see how Hop deals with the fact that the 1&2 guard play is likely going to be really really poor to start the season.
  • DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    Houhusky said:

Domicillo said:

Bey
    Carter
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

Bey/Carter/McDaniels share ball handling duties, lots of pick and rolls with Stewart. Bey moves to first off bench/defensive stopper when Quade is eligible

While I like the idea of getting carter and bey in the game at the same time this ignores how shitty of a ball handling team we were last year. We couldn't break a press or half court pressure. I can't handle another year without a point guard.

Carter is a scorer, not someone you want setting the offense. That line up would be an absolute turnover machine.
    I dont think there is anyway to get around the fact that Hardy AND Carter are both going to heavily be relied upon at the start of the season as ball handlers.

Not good

Hardy played like 20 TOTAL mins last year (why he didnt RS?)

And Carter, who really played much better as the season progressed, is still basically a athletic guard that struggles to shoot and has a tendency to revert to playing like he is in high school trying to out athlete everyone again.

When is Al-Quade going to be available to play for us? It will be interesting to see how Hop deals with the fact that the 1&2 guard play is likely going to be really really poor to start the season.
    Chinned for Al-Quade. Good chit
    NEsnake12 said:

Stewart looks like the fucking hulk on a basketball court. It’s legitimately scary. Oh and he’s legitimately a good 3 pt shooter

The development of his 3pt shot will be massive for us next year because it’ll allow Hop to play him at the 4 against teams with more size.

We’ll be an elite rebounding team if we’re able to have Stewart, McDaniels, and one of Timmins/BPJ all on the court together
    *Roberts
    Honestly if we get JMAC,which I’ve heard it’s basically a lock at this point, he’ll handle the ball a lot at the beginning of the year. He might even play consistent minutes at 1 because he is such a good passer and ball handler.
    Oh by the way, Stewart plays at 5 ET on ESPN2
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Honestly if we get JMAC,which I’ve heard it’s basically a lock at this point, he’ll handle the ball a lot at the beginning of the year. He might even play consistent minutes at 1 because he is such a good passer and ball handler.

Replacing Wright with JMAC in press situations would make me want other teams to press so we could get easy buckets. Last year was hard to watch.

Replacing Wright with JMAC in press situations would make me want other teams to press so we could get easy buckets. Last year was hard to watch.
    JMAC AND ISAIAH STEWART ARE 3 OF THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THEIR CLASS AND WE ARE PROBABLY GETTING BOTH AHAHHAA SUCK MY DICK CAL AND K.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

JMAC AND ISAIAH STEWART ARE 3 OF THE TOP 5 PLAYERS IN THEIR CLASS AND WE ARE PROBABLY GETTING BOTH AHAHHAA SUCK MY DICK CAL AND K.
    Cohen BLUNDERED!!
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I feel good about Hardy at pg to start the season. He can handle the ball and then distribute to all the scorers after that.
    Fuck off Hillsboro
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Fuck off Hillsboro

Learn to maff, then popoff.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Kentucky just got a good grad transfer from #mybucknell, csb

Fuck off Hillsboro

Learn to maff, then popoff.
    Whoops I’m retarded
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Oh by the way, Stewart plays at 5 ET on ESPN2

post the stats and his highlights from the game already