Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Colleges’ message to ease student stress: Failure is normal

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,939 Founders Club
    This is why we? are fucked.

Failure is valuable.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

2001400ex said:

And?

It's a revelation because these little fucks have been raised to think they are special and valued and treasured and all other sorts of self-esteem'ish, feel good bullshit.

They got their fucking juice boxes and participation ribbons and oranges slices every game. Fuck that- you got ice cream when you won a big game back when we walked uphill both ways.

They got picked up from school every fucking day of their lives by mommy instead of riding the bus and getting the shit beat out of them by the older kids.

They had every minute of their days scheduled with activities and supervised, managed play. They never fell down and tore their tuffskins on the black top.

So, yeah - it's news because these dumbshits didn't have the chance to fall down and get back up until they passed all their standardized tests and were properly indoctrinated at an overpriced university mommy and daddy bribed someone to get into....

@backthepack true?

2001400ex said:

And?

It's a revelation because these little fucks have been raised to think they are special and valued and treasured and all other sorts of self-esteem'ish, feel good bullshit.

They got their fucking juice boxes and participation ribbons and oranges slices every game. Fuck that- you got ice cream when you won a big game back when we walked uphill both ways.

They got picked up from school every fucking day of their lives by mommy instead of riding the bus and getting the shit beat out of them by the older kids.

They had every minute of their days scheduled with activities and supervised, managed play. They never fell down and tore their tuffskins on the black top.

So, yeah - it's news because these dumbshits didn't have the chance to fall down and get back up until they passed all their standardized tests and were properly indoctrinated at an overpriced university mommy and daddy bribed someone to get into....

Nice sermon. But I feel that's a whole lot of projecting going on.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And?

I don't think you have a fucking clue what that word means

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And?

You people act like there were no privileged kids in college prior to now.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And?

You people act like there were no privileged kids in college prior to now.
    Are you capable of carrying on a discussion without fucking strawman ass Hondo?

And being "privileged" and feeling entitled aren't the same thing you fucking moron.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And?

Add "privileged" to that list.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,552 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And?

Da fuq does that mean?

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,552 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

And?

@backthepack true?
    We? beat the shit out of BTP on the proverbial HH short bus.

He'll be fine.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

And?

@PostGameOrangeSlices true??!!?!?!!!?!?!?!
    It's true, boomer's are the worst
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    I teach my kid the same thing about failure that my dad taught me. It's not an option as long as I'm paying for your fucking school. Fail on your own fucking dime.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited April 2019
    I actually agree with this. It’s better to teach them that failure is normal than the current trend that failure doesn’t exist. The biggest problem facing our? youth is the myth that they are special and they deserve a participation badge for everything they do. In the real world, we? Do keep score. So helping them realize that you can indeed lose isn’t a bad thing.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,924 Founders Club
    Didn't these kids play team sports growing up? I learned all I need to know about winning and losing before the age of 10.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    PurpleJ said:

Didn't these kids play team sports growing up? I learned all I need to know about winning and losing before the age of 10.

J you never played sports
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,924 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

J you never played sports
    U-15 WYSA State Champs bitch
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

I actually agree with this. It’s better to teach them that failure is normal than the current trend that failure doesn’t exist. The biggest problem facing our? youth is the myth that they are special and they deserve a participation badge for everything they do. In the real world, we? Do keep score. So helping them realize that you can indeed lose isn’t a bad thing.

Look no further than Ballz or MTG for the consequences of not teaching how to take a L.