Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seattle times throwing shade at

2»

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also, I do think a lot could be done to remedy the drug homeless shit, and agree that the city, county, and state aren't doing much about it in order to make it a hot button issue to push for more density, transit, shitty shitty bike lanes, etc.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

People weren’t shitting on the sidewalks and using heroin openly in public parks in the 80’s

People weren’t camping in RVs in city streets in the 80’s

There was probably a two block radius around Pike Place where indigents panhandled or were passed out on the sidewalk in the 80’s. Same as it was in the 60’s and 70’s

People could enjoy the waterfront and public areas in the 80’s in peace.

Seattle Times can suck a dick for their selective use of a crime statistic.

Seattle is a shithole and the Seattle Times has helped make It that way by not calling out the bullshit on the road to shitholedom.

Apparently you don't remember seeing the out in the public sex that was Woodland or Volunteer Parks of the 80's (and well into the 90's)? I literally remember having a picnic with my parents and brother at Woodland Park, and a couple decided to start fucking like 100 feet away. No fucking shame.

Eeeehhhhh, technically yes, people were camping in RV's and in underpasses in the 80's. Under I-5 at Ravenna Blvd was a prime example. I think the biggest difference is that those people weren't stealing tons of shit and littering all over the place. Under the Viaduct as well was a prime example. People were sleeping in Cowen Park as well. Again, a lot less trash and fewer numbers.

Technically still can in most parks and waterfront places. Go to Seward, Magnusson, Matthews Beach, Madison Beach, etc and you are probably going to be left alone.

Agree, the times can suck a dick.

I disagree Seattle is a shithole. I'd say Seattle is the 9 at the end of the bar who is friendly, but has herpes and is having a bad breakout, and you don't wan't any part of that. Sorry for offending anyone with herpes (kidding, I'm not sorry).

So much fucking hyperbole over this shit. The homeless of today suck ass but overall the town is pretty much the same but with more traffic. In the 80's, I had classmates, in elementary school, who were in gangs, and were selling drugs, downtown, and in the CD. The crazy part is no one really cared. That shit would be national news today, for Seattle, not other cities like New Orleans or Detroit (we know why). Remember when no one went downtown, in the 80's? Watch the documentary Streetwise, where they show teenage girls and also boys working as prostitutes. Remember the crack epidemic, car jackings, drive by shootings in the CD, in the 80's?
    As a kid I heard stories of many pairs of dads openly going at it at Volunteer Park but never observed it for myself until WhiskeyDawg blessed me with my first Citrus the night Romar lost to UConn in the S16. But there was definitely a rep for public (pubic?) activities in the late 80's/early 90's.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Can we talk about this Bradley Cooper situation?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    There were homeless in the 80s and 90s but they hadn't taken over like they have today. They'd hide out near Kinnear Park or pan handle but they didn't park RV's and set up huge encampments and leave needles and shit everywhere. There was a fucking line and because of the bleeding heart policies they've crossed way over it.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Can we talk about this Bradley Cooper situation?

Winnie Cooper > Bradley Cooper

That's some hard hitting tawk right there
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Alexis said:

Eric Johnson made a post on the Facebook a couple of days before saying the Seattle media would be coming after him to debunk his Seattle is Dying. Looks like he hit the nail on the head.

2 big stats the Times used for their bullshit numbers were gang violence in Ballard and auto theft. Well, no shit those are down. The gangs ran rampant in the 80s and they actually made that a priority to clean that up around places like Ballard so it went down. And comparing auto theft #s from the 80s to now is fucktarded. You ever notice how much easier it was to steal a 1980s Honda than it is to steal a new car. Not even a close comparison. Today's car thieves are lazy. Too much work stealing new cars. And nobody in Seattle still drives an 84 Accord. Those still get stolen down in Auburn

IRL, the Throbber actually knows Eric Johnson a bit.

He's a good cat. For a Cuog. He's no corporate right-wing shill. Straight shooter.

Yup. And the local pols know it. And that's why they are busting their asses to pull out all the stops to mislead the public with propaganda to undermine his truthful documentary.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “Your eyes deceive you” - The Seattle Times
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This is just like Todd Turner telling us there was progress being made that wasn't apparent on the scoreboard. This was the Gas Man telling us that off season participation in the weight room was up since Willingham arrived.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Also, I do think a lot could be done to remedy the drug homeless shit, and agree that the city, county, and state aren't doing much about it in order to make it a hot button issue to push for more density, transit, shitty shitty bike lanes, etc.

Like what? Could you detail that for us?