Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rivals stars coming soon - who are the prospects to watch?

Rivals.com will begin assigning stars to the top players in the 2021 class in late May or early June but there are a few guys who have caught my eye early. Keep an eye out for these prospects but know that there are many, many more that could end up being ranked higher.

DE Jack Sawyer – The Ohio State commitment has one gear and it’s always in fifth. He’s relentless and has a great frame to build on.

DB Tony Grimes – Grimes is an exceptional defensive back with good size and speed, and the cocky attitude you like to see from a player who doesn’t mind being put on an island.

OL Hayden Conner and Bryce Foster – You can’t separate these two because they are teammates and both likely to end up at the same program. And they are both nasty.

QB Sam Huard – Everyone knows I’m not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks but I like this kid because he’s accurate and smart, and doesn’t try to do too much.

DL J.T. Tuimoloau – He could play defensive end or defensive tackle and is athletic enough to be a big tight end if he wanted to. His future is on the defensive side of the ball and he will be a national recruit for sure despite hailing from Washington.

Fuck Rivals but still. Two of the six from Washington. Two of the six likely to be Dwags.

Not really anything we didn't know but still crazy to see in print.

It'sFappening.gif

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think we should pass on Huard. Sounds like he wont do whatever it takes to win the game.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

I think we should pass on Huard. Sounds like he wont do whatever it takes to win the game.

He's left handed ... And according to this guy that's a big negative. We should listen to him since it's Rivals the best damn recruiting service around and more Holy than the Bible itself.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks? That's as ridiculous as the Orange One saying windmill noise causes cancer. Can anyone give any reason why being a lefty QB is a negative? Maybe something to do with the RT being the blindside tackle?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,493
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Not a huge fan of lefty quarterbacks? That's as ridiculous as the Orange One saying windmill noise causes cancer. Can anyone give any reason why being a lefty QB is a negative? Maybe something to do with the RT being the blindside tackle?

I've always seen it as an advantage, all things being equal. The ball spins differently which your team is used to but the defense is not.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PhDoog said:

I've always seen it as an advantage, all things being equal. The ball spins differently which your team is used to but the defense is not.
    Your almost there. It's because of the spin but your not quite right on how it's so advantageous. Since most stadium are north to south facing and align with the magnetic poles a left handed QB will always be throwing the ball against the rotation of the earth and the magnetic field flow where as a right handed QBs throw rotation will match the earths rotation. The matching rotational energy of the ball and the earth will multiply, slightly increasing the velocity and stability of the ball. Where as, they will subtract in the case of a lefty. Then you have to account for the static electrical energy created by the balls rotation, normally this does not matter but in the rare instance an electromagnetic disturbance causes a fluctuation in the earth's magnetic field the balls trajectory can be changed towards a seemingly random direction. This is why you sometimes see throws by lefty's that look great at first but end up way off target. So no matter how good Huard is as a lefty he would never beat out an identical twin who is right handed. The effect is further amplified during certain planetary alignments and near full moons.

Rivals guys is probably blowing the effects I stated out of proportion, but its is basic science and if you disagree your probably a flat earther or UO grad and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

Damn dude. Your fancy phD doesn’t mean shit in this prison yard. The only way you get clout around this bitch is by arguing your point (wrong or right) to the death.

God speed.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What happens in Husky Stadium which is East West?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You mean the oringe one?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PhDoog said:

Your almost there. It's because of the spin but your not quite right on how it's so advantageous. Since most stadium are north to south facing and align with the magnetic poles a left handed QB will always be throwing the ball against the rotation of the earth and the magnetic field flow where as a right handed QBs throw rotation will match the earths rotation. The matching rotational energy of the ball and the earth will multiply, slightly increasing the velocity and stability of the ball. Where as, they will subtract in the case of a lefty. Then you have to account for the static electrical energy created by the balls rotation, normally this does not matter but in the rare instance an electromagnetic disturbance causes a fluctuation in the earth's magnetic field the balls trajectory can be changed towards a seemingly random direction. This is why you sometimes see throws by lefty's that look great at first but end up way off target. So no matter how good Huard is as a lefty he would never beat out an identical twin who is right handed. The effect is further amplified during certain planetary alignments and near full moons.

Rivals guys is probably blowing the effects I stated out of proportion, but its is basic science and if you disagree your probably a flat earther or UO grad and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.
    wow this post fucks. too bad my engrish sux to understand it