Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nick Herbig, 4* 2020 OLB, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (Offered 9/27/18)

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2019
    There’s no reason we should’nt get both him and Bothelo.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:
    In the future please use quotes and don’t forget to include the artists last name, in this case it should read, Junior Marvin.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

So let me get this straight, we had every advantage with Joseph Ngata because his older brother went here but there's no reason we shouldn't get Nick Herbig whose older brother goes to Stanford?

Hmmmm.

So let me get this straight, we had every advantage with Joseph Ngata because his older brother went here but there's no reason we shouldn't get Nick Herbig whose older brother goes to Stanford?

Hmmmm.
    ? I’m saying we shouldn’t prioritize Bothelo over Herbig or only take one

Hmmmm.

But I guess since we’re on the topic

1. Most importantly, Family relationships in recruiting should be viewed case by case

2. How did Nate seem to enjoy his time at Stanford? Sounds like he really loved the new OL coach since he made a point to publicly thank his old OL coach, the person who recruited him, in his public declaration. How happy was David Shaw with Nate’s decision to turn pro early despite only playing in 7 games this year? Seems like he’s leaving early and won’t even get the chance to play with nick? How often was Nick on Stanford’s campus compared to how often Joe Ngata was on campus at UDUB?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I think we can get Herbig, i just always thought the "every advantage" with Joe was pretty overblown.

I see nobody seems to think we even have a shot at Daniyel anymore, let alone every advantage.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

"I am definitely planning to take an official visit to Washington. I want to get up there twice, but I am definitely spending one of my (five) official visits on getting up to Washington to meet with the coaches again and to spend time around that place. I love it up there."

"I talk with coach (Bob) Gregory the most, but I also talk a lot with coach (Ikaika) Malloe, so I get a chance to speak to them pretty regularly," Herbig noted. "They are good coaches and the atmosphere and program they have up there is pretty great, especially for guys from the islands.

"I really like coach Gregory a lot. He's great at developing guys and I just feel like we've connected really well. He's my guy."

Herbig was in Seattle for Washington's game with Stanford back in November and he was impressed with his first experience at Husky Stadium.

"The fans there are crazy," Herbig recalled. "They are really into the game, especially the students. They never sat down and we totally into the game. I was up there to see my brother (Nate) play, but since he was out, it was cool to just get to watch the game and Washington dominated. They are a really good team."

Holy shit! An elite ILB recruit actually likes Bob Gregory and said he's his guy? In the fucking bag. He'll be a Dawg.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

"I am definitely planning to take an official visit to Washington. I want to get up there twice, but I am definitely spending one of my (five) official visits on getting up to Washington to meet with the coaches again and to spend time around that place. I love it up there."

"I talk with coach (Bob) Gregory the most, but I also talk a lot with coach (Ikaika) Malloe, so I get a chance to speak to them pretty regularly," Herbig noted. "They are good coaches and the atmosphere and program they have up there is pretty great, especially for guys from the islands.

"I really like coach Gregory a lot. He's great at developing guys and I just feel like we've connected really well. He's my guy."

Herbig was in Seattle for Washington's game with Stanford back in November and he was impressed with his first experience at Husky Stadium.

"The fans there are crazy," Herbig recalled. "They are really into the game, especially the students. They never sat down and we totally into the game. I was up there to see my brother (Nate) play, but since he was out, it was cool to just get to watch the game and Washington dominated. They are a really good team."

Holy shit! An elite ILB recruit actually likes Bob Gregory and said he's his guy? In the fucking bag. He'll be a Dawg.
    naw according to @Dennis_DeYoung bob does no recruiting
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His film gives me a 4.5 hour erection.

Absolutely flies sideline to sideline, and plays with natural bend when he's pass rushing. There isn't a single player on our roster who can speed rush like that. Kwat will have fun moving him around in the box
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,057
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not if Illinois offer
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

CB to UW

(Wisconsin)

Odds were pretty high that he was going to uw (one of them)... or Iowa.