Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We? should have recruited Cale Millen

1235»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Woodinville beat Graham-Kapowsin 49-17 in the playoffs and intercepted Morris three times. Enough said on that.

Woodinville beat Cale Millen and Mount Si too, but I came away much more impressed with Millen than Morris, for what it's worth.

Because high school football matters
    This is the dumbest take that somehow some here have convinced themselves to be true.
    There's such a talent differential at the high school level ... particularly if you are an elite player.

When I'm watching anything high school related, I'm looking for something to wow me. Winning is nice and that's great. But stats, etc. don't mean shit to me.

It reminds me when my brothers were in high school playing baseball. This one kid was working a nice behind the scenes smear campaign on how my brother was the one always getting the recognition because this kid had more homers and RBIs. It never occurred to him that the reason he got his numbers was because teams wanted nothing to do with my brother who hit in front of him. Also didn't matter to that kid that when they faced legit pitching my brother showed up and the big mouth sucked ass. Also probably had something to do with why my brother was a 4 year starter in college while the other shit was a backup for a year at a JuCo before giving it all up.
    I'm hearing your brother could a hit it over them there mountains if coach had just put him in for the big game
    Was in the game ... 4 year college starter ... drafted ...
    And if you could go back in time, he'd take state
    He got to a State SemiFinal ... beat by a better team/player
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Woodinville beat Graham-Kapowsin 49-17 in the playoffs and intercepted Morris three times. Enough said on that.

Woodinville beat Cale Millen and Mount Si too, but I came away much more impressed with Millen than Morris, for what it's worth.

This is the dumbest take that somehow some here have convinced themselves to be true.
    There's such a talent differential at the high school level ... particularly if you are an elite player.

When I'm watching anything high school related, I'm looking for something to wow me. Winning is nice and that's great. But stats, etc. don't mean shit to me.

It reminds me when my brothers were in high school playing baseball. This one kid was working a nice behind the scenes smear campaign on how my brother was the one always getting the recognition because this kid had more homers and RBIs. It never occurred to him that the reason he got his numbers was because teams wanted nothing to do with my brother who hit in front of him. Also didn't matter to that kid that when they faced legit pitching my brother showed up and the big mouth sucked ass. Also probably had something to do with why my brother was a 4 year starter in college while the other shit was a backup for a year at a JuCo before giving it all up.
    I'm hearing your brother could a hit it over them there mountains if coach had just put him in for the big game
    Does he sell Tupperware from his van now?

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Does he sell Tupperware from his van now?
    My brother or the other guy?
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    According to my buddy that knows a certain former Husky QB that currently works in the AD's office -- the reason we didn't offer Millen is because Millen just isn't very good.
    I’m quite happy to have Huard over Millen
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    Baphomet said:

According to my buddy that knows a certain former Husky QB that currently works in the AD's office -- the reason we didn't offer Millen is because Millen just isn't very good.

This is very true. Oregon took Millen out of necessity. Millen isn't that good, but he was one of the better ones in a down class. Oregon needed to get one in this cycle just so they have some depth at the position. If Oregon hadn't picked him up, I think they'd only have one scholarship quarterback behind Herbert.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

I’m quite happy to have Huard over Millen

This wasn't a question unless you mean Clay.

In which case it still wasn't a question.