Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next years starting five?

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
Before Quade come back
Elijah?
Bey
McDaniels
Wright
Stewart

After Quade comes back
Quade
Bey
Naz/Wright
McDaniels
Stewart

Thots?

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NOC. Football school.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Quade
    Naz
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

Elijah until Quade's eligible.

Quade
    Naz
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

I don’t hate Wright nearly as much as many here, but I think Bey will start over him.
    I could definitely see it. But Hop's a defensive coach and Wright's defense is really valuable. It may depend on exactly where and how Hop wants to use Stewart and McDaniels (prayingdog.jpg) in the zone.

With Wright being one of like three upperclassmen I think he'll start. If not him it will be because the Kiwi is starting. I doubt Hop goes four underclass starters.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bey getting a lot of minutes against UNC spoke volumes about what Hop sees in him. Would rather see him starting than Wright
    NEsnake12 said:

Bey getting a lot of minutes against UNC spoke volumes about what Hop sees in him. Would rather see him starting than Wright

Bey's going to be a baller, no doubt.

He's for sure starting if McDaniels doesn't come here, or after McDaniels turns pro.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019

Quade
    Naz
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

I don’t hate Wright nearly as much as many here, but I think Bey will start over him.
    Do Wright and Bey really play the same position??

I view Wright as basically a shitty stretch 4, Bey as a corner 3 guard like Thybulle or Greene

Given Quade is going to have to sit out for first half, Hardy and Naz are both going to have to play the ball handling guards at the start of the season.

This leaves Battle and Bey as the 2/3 guards with a lot of playing time available, especially for Bey.

Wright can slide to the 3 if we want to go big with Mcdaniels, Wright, and Stewart as forwards

Or Wright and Mcdaniels can split time at the 4

I dont think they really cut into eachothers starting time possibility, more that Wright coming off the bench will determine the style of play depending on who he subs for.

Before Quade:

Primary ball handler PG: split between Hardy and Naz, both havent looked ready so hopefully they are servacable.
    2: Naz (Lots of Bey, some Battle)
    3: Bey (Wright when big)
    4: Mcdaniels (Wright when stretch)
    5: Stewart

With Quade:

Primary PG: Quade (Hardy)
    off 2: Naz
    3: Bey (Wright/Battle)
    4: Mcdaniels (Wright)

Houhusky said:

Quade
    Naz
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

No. It's just a matter of where McDaniels plays. I think he'll be a 3 with Wright at the 4 and Stewart at the 5.

But he could be a 4, if so Bey starts at the 3.

Ultimately I think McDaniels can do either and Hop puts him wherever he wants in order to get the best 5 on the floor.

I think Wright starts. Bey may play more minutes though.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2019
    Houhusky said:

Quade
    Naz
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

I view Wright as basically a shitty stretch 4, Bey as a corner 3 guard like Thybulle or Greene

Given Quade is going to have to sit out for first half, Hardy and Naz are both going to have to play the ball handling guards at the start of the season.

This leaves Battle and Bey as the 2/3 guards with a lot of playing time available, especially for Bey.

Wright can slide to the 3 if we want to go big with Mcdaniels, Wright, and Stewart as forwards

Or Wright and Mcdaniels can split time at the 4

I dont think they really cut into eachothers starting time possibility, more that Wright coming off the bench will determine the style of play depending on who he subs for.

Before Quade:

Primary ball handler PG: split between Hardy and Naz, both havent looked ready so hopefully they are servacable.
    2: Naz (Lots of Bey, some Battle)
    3: Bey (Wright when big)
    4: Mcdaniels (Wright when stretch)

With Quade:

Primary PG: Quade (Hardy)
    off 2: Naz
    3: Bey (Wright/Battle)
    4: Mcdaniels (Wright)

I agree that these will be the most common starting lineups.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
    Bey
    Carter
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

Bey/Carter/McDaniels share ball handling duties, lots of pick and rolls with Stewart. Bey moves to first off bench/defensive stopper when Quade is eligible
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

Bey
    Carter
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

Bey/Carter/McDaniels share ball handling duties, lots of pick and rolls with Stewart. Bey moves to first off bench/defensive stopper when Quade is eligible

While I like the idea of getting carter and bey in the game at the same time this ignores how shitty of a ball handling team we were last year. We couldn't break a press or half court pressure. I can't handle another year without a point guard.

Carter is a scorer, not someone you want setting the offense. That line up would be an absolute turnover machine.

Domicillo said:

Bey
    Carter
    McDaniels
    Wright
    Stewart

While I like the idea of getting carter and bey in the game at the same time this ignores how shitty of a ball handling team we were last year. We couldn't break a press or half court pressure. I can't handle another year without a point guard.

Carter is a scorer, not someone you want setting the offense. That line up would be an absolute turnover machine.
    THIS
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Where does Nate Pryor fit into all of this?

Where does Nate Pryor fit into all of this?

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Watched the end. Stewart gave the L for his high school team and followed it up with the "dubs". I can't believe he's coming here.

Adidas bagmen don’t play school