Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I like Oregon in this one

whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
10:35 EST tip. West coast team used to playing at that time vs East coast team which never does.

Oh and tony Bennett.

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I don’t know...the Cavaliers look tough.

Then again they lost at home to a rough Roundheads squad, so you might have a chance.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So we're looking at Oregon and Gonzaga in the Final Four for the second time in 3 years?

That would have been a doog nightmare if college basketball still existed

What the fuck have our DAWGS been doing anyway?

It's like Oregon and WSU getting CFP berths in the same season. Only far less important
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2019
    This team wasn’t even supposed to make the tournament. Not only did they make it, but they made it passed the first weekend, and came a couple late “in and outs” away from upsetting a trendy title pick and playing in the elite 8. Not even mad. Hell of a way to end the season.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Can you imagine the uproar if the DUcks had pulled this off. Dammit, so close. :)
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Fenwick said:

Can you imagine the uproar if the DUcks had pulled this off. Dammit, so close. :)

quite impressive showing in the tourney I must say
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

This team wasn’t even supposed to make the tournament. Not only did they make it, but they made it passed the first weekend, and came a couple late “in and outs” away from upsetting a trendy title pick and playing in the elite 8. Not even mad. Hell of a way to end the season.

This team was absolutely supposed to make the tournament. They were picked to win the Pac-12 regular season rather easily and with their roster, they should have.
    I was referring to February. When they fell to 15-12, they had no chance unless they won the Pac 12 tourney. Yes they underperformed in the first place, but I’m thrilled they were able to rebound than to fold like most Pac 12 teams would have done. Not a perfect season but satisfied compared to the path they were on.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

This team was absolutely supposed to make the tournament. They were picked to win the Pac-12 regular season rather easily and with their roster, they should have.
    I was referring to February. When they fell to 15-12, they had no chance unless they won the Pac 12 tourney. Yes they underperformed in the first place, but I’m thrilled they were able to rebound than to fold like most Pac 12 teams would have done. Not a perfect season but satisfied compared to the path they were on.
    Actually watched this game. haven't watched a college basketball game from beginning to end in probably 5 years. it's like baseball. I don't have the attention span for it.

Pritchard was off. Viriginia had something to do with that, but not entirely. If he's hitting at all they win this one going away. Wasn't super impressed with UVa and think they'll get rolled by Purdue. Wooten had a relatively quiet night too. Oregon also started looking for the three too early. Toward the end when King misfired on a 3 Amin was under the basket for an easy 2. Had he made that decision Oregon might well have won.

Altman is a great coach.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Actually watched this game. haven't watched a college basketball game from beginning to end in probably 5 years. it's like baseball. I don't have the attention span for it.

Pritchard was off. Viriginia had something to do with that, but not entirely. If he's hitting at all they win this one going away. Wasn't super impressed with UVa and think they'll get rolled by Purdue. Wooten had a relatively quiet night too. Oregon also started looking for the three too early. Toward the end when King misfired on a 3 Amin was under the basket for an easy 2. Had he made that decision Oregon might well have won.

Altman is a great coach.
    Virginia had a more off shooting night than Oregon (27% from 3 vs. 36%)
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Virginia isn’t a trendy title pick. Like Villanova under Wright, they suck until they don’t. They have had too many early exits to be trusted.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    NEsnake12 said:

Altman is a great coach.
    Virginia had a more off shooting night than Oregon (27% from 3 vs. 36%)
    True. But they're different teams. Virginia took a lot of shitty shots. Oregon, Pritchard at least, had a lot of good looks and didn't hit.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Altman is a great coach.
    UW was in the tournament this year and the only game you watched start to finish was an Oregon game? What?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Altman is a great coach.
    UW was in the tournament this year and the only game you watched start to finish was an Oregon game? What?
    creppycoug got cosbyed in kane hall. so dont blame his hate for uw
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Butt still.