Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

7WS Head Coaching Statistics

digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Seasons: 4
Salary: $2.4 Million in 2012
W-L Record: 26-25
Winning %: .510
Avg. Margin in Victory: 14 pts
Avg. Margin in Defeat: 18 pts
Home W-L Record: 19-7
Avg. Margin in Home Victories: 23 pts
Away W-L Record: 6-16
Avg. Margin in Away Defeats: 21 pts
W-L Record vs Ranked Opponents: 7-15
W-L Record vs Conference Opponents: 19-17
Longest Winning Streak: 4 games ('10; '12)
Longest Losing Streak: 4 games ('09)
Largest Margin in Victory: 39 pts (PSU; '12)
Largest Margin in Defeat: 44 pts (Stanford; '11)
Bowl W-L Record: 1-2

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Nearly $343,000 per win. No wonder this season was so gratifying.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,411
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2012
    Yup. Sark is not an elite head coach. If UW truly wants to run with the big DaWgs and return to excellence, they're gonna have to shell out 3.5-4 mill./year and hire an elite HC.

I don't understand why I hear all of this optimism for next season either. A mediocre HC just doesn't miraculously turn into an elite HC, from one season to the next. Especially after four consecutive seasons of consistent mediocrity. Okay, so, for next season:

1) We have a QB who is an absolute shell of his former 2011 self, w/ zero confidence (arguably the most important characteristic of a successful QB), a new found turnover propensity and gimpy wheels. Behind him, our QB experience equates to a whopping five collegiate passing attempts, all against an FCS opponent.
    2) Our line play on both sides of the ball is embarrassing in year four of this shitshow... some of our defensive lineman look smaller than old school Husky LBs/Safeties, no pass rush and they get manhandled every week. Our OL is no where near where it should be in year four. Sark and Co. seem to ignore the elite line recruits, but they are just as, if not more, important than elite skill recruits. We haven't signed a single four star OL recruit since the 2010 class. Not one!
    3) Aside from Sankey, ASJ and Kasen, we do not have one proven play maker on offense.
    4) We enter the 2013 season on a 2 game losing skid.

But hey, we're gonna compete for a conference championship next year, Folks! Give me a fucking break. Does anybody genuinely believe we have a chance, any chance @ all, @ beating UNike next season? Because until we get to that point, we're a mediocre football program.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

On Hardcore Husky that's a way of life.
    New bored motto?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You never bump the posts I was right.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

Damn, sounds like Grinolds can't handle the copy pasta lifestyle. When the copy pastas get flying here it's almost impossible to know wtf is live or old. It's taken me several years to get my reads down and sometimes I'm like,

Fans go to games. Cynics complain.

For regular posters here, seems like a cynic to fan ratio of about 5 to 1.

Oh but I've been sooo burned by PETERMAN, Jen is the WORST, DOOGS SUCK, the Athletic Department is SOO INCOMPETENT.

Get over yourself and go to the game. I swear the old guard here acts like a bunch of too cool adolescents. I'm sure there are some here so jaded that they actually want UW to LOSE on Saturday, but I'm not sure that's many. How about admit that you'd like us to win and get your lazy ass to the game. And quit with the "I've been so heartbroken I just can't care anymore". Seriously, that's your mental toughness level? GET to the GAME.

And yeah, this isn't Softy, isn't Jen, isn't anyone other than a fan whose hung around on this board long enough to feel the need to call your BS. Yes, you.
    I can't go to the game when Hamilton is in town. Get real.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

EwaDawg said:

On Hardcore Husky that's a way of life.
    New bored motto?
    Add it to @whatshouldicareabout’s tournament of new bored mottos.
    I'll include it whenever I get around to putting the list together