Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bracket Hawt Talk

124»

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This tournament has been really boring so far
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It’s almost like college basketball sucks.
    Hasn't it always?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hasn't it always?
    No

75 to 95 was the golden era
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bracket busted, Dawgs did me dirty WOOF!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Who the fuck only does one bracket? I have from 10 to 15 sweet 16 teams. Houston fucked me from perfect sweet 16 in two brackets.

Although this year it was more predictable than most years. I had a feeling there would be less upsets than in the past and teams like Buffalo and Nevada would get beat.

This year the top teams like Duke and UNC are stronger than prior years relative to the competition. I'm still not buying Houston and Gonzaga.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Who the fuck only does one bracket? I have from 10 to 15 sweet 16 teams. Houston fucked me from perfect sweet 16 in two brackets.

Although this year it was more predictable than most years. I had a feeling there would be less upsets than in the past and teams like Buffalo and Nevada would get beat.

This year the top teams like Duke and UNC are stronger than prior years relative to the competition. I'm still not buying Houston and Gonzaga.

I've only done one and mine is perfect.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Hasn't it always?
    No

75 to 95 was the golden era
    1875-1895?

After what is now known as the Big10 formed on Feb 8, 1896, College Basketball has never been the same. Race was there.
    2001400ex said:

Having one bracket makes it fun. You actually have a vested interest in specific games. I’m in multiple tournaments, but I use the same bracket in each tournament.

2001400ex said:

Having one bracket makes it fun. You actually have a vested interest in specific games. I’m in multiple tournaments, but I use the same bracket in each tournament.
    Yeah I hear ya. It's frustrating at times because it's hard to know what teams to root for when you have multiple brackets. I have awful fucking luck so I have to get both sides of the games to actually win.

That being said, I spread the love around and I usually win a bracket every other year or so.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Yeah I hear ya. It's frustrating at times because it's hard to know what teams to root for when you have multiple brackets. I have awful fucking luck so I have to get both sides of the games to actually win.

That being said, I spread the love around and I usually win a bracket every other year or so.
    If it works for you that’s great. It’s kind of like fantasy sports for me. It’s hard to root for somebody when you realize in another league or bracket you need the opposite to happen.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bracket hot talk is worse than fantasy football hot talk.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If it works for you that’s great. It’s kind of like fantasy sports for me. It’s hard to root for somebody when you realize in another league or bracket you need the opposite to happen.
    Yeah but I root for winning money. I'm serious on the luck thing. I had the most awful luck when it comes to fantasy sports, so I generally hedge my bets.

The sad thing is, 20 years of brackets and fantasy football/Baseball (I only played baseball 3 years, da fuq if I'll do that again), and I'm probably only up a couple hundred dollars if not just break even. I've had some big payouts over 2,000. Last year I was in for a 3,500 payout and lost the championship game. This year I'm $360 into brackets with the biggest payout over $5,000.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Yeah but I root for winning money. I'm serious on the luck thing. I had the most awful luck when it comes to fantasy sports, so I generally hedge my bets.

The sad thing is, 20 years of brackets and fantasy football/Baseball (I only played baseball 3 years, da fuq if I'll do that again), and I'm probably only up a couple hundred dollars if not just break even. I've had some big payouts over 2,000. Last year I was in for a 3,500 payout and lost the championship game. This year I'm $360 into brackets with the biggest payout over $5,000.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Tiger

I'm always right.