Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nate's initial thoughts on the Mueller reports

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Obviously very good news for Trump and improves his standing with Trump skeptical GOP voters. Thinks 2020 is about 50/50 at this point which sounds about right to me.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/first-thoughts-on-the-political-fallout-of-the-mueller-report/

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If maybe however but still we think blah blah blah

Why does anyone take this guy seriously anymore?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Who needs data and statistics? Trump is exonerated! Now let’s get to the bottom of things.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who needs data and statistics? Trump is exonerated! Now let’s get to the bottom of things.
    Hillary is president. HTH

Data and statistics
  • Options

Hillary is president. HTH

Data and statistics
    Nate silver was wrong potd!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What was there to disagree with in his piece? He's in the prediction bidness and says Trump is about 50/50 to get reelected which is way higher odds than what you hear coming from the left wing punditry. And as I've stated ad nausea here, he gave Trump a 33% chance of winning on election day in Nov 2016 which was a very realistic shot of it happening which no one on the left believed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There was nothing to disagree with because there was nothing there

50 - 50 shot huh? Whoa
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

50 - 50 shot huh? Whoa

He really goes out on a limb there.
  • Options

What was there to disagree with in his piece? He's in the prediction bidness and says Trump is about 50/50 to get reelected which is way higher odds than what you hear coming from the left wing punditry. And as I've stated ad nausea here, he gave Trump a 33% chance of winning on election day in Nov 2016 which was a very realistic shot of it happening which no one on the left believed.
    Noble effort yellow.
    You have a lot of confidence in your readers.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    Anyone seeing this as anything but completely devastating to the Dems needs their head examined

Even the "HE WASNT EXONERATED WAIT FOR THE REPORT" people don't really believe it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

50 - 50 shot huh? Whoa

So as the Oracle of Inland Empire @RaceBannon what odds do you give on Trump's reelection?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

50 - 50 shot huh? Whoa

So as the Oracle of Inland Empire @RaceBannon what odds do you give on Trump's reelection?
    He has already won
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

50 - 50 shot huh? Whoa

He has already won
    I'm still not sure where to price your stock as predictor because I think there was a hell of lot of luck involved in your calling 2016 FIRST back in 2015. ATBSJBS, I will give credit where credit is due if you go 2 for 2.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prior to Sunday all of the early polling shows Trump with a tough road to hoe in Michigan and Wisconsin. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/general_election/
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Unless the incumbent fucks up the economy odds are they stay in. That's without considering the opposition or color of the party.
  • Options

Unless the incumbent fucks up the economy odds are they stay in. That's without considering the opposition or color of the party.

The yield curve was inverted at the opening today bot. I am sure a rationalist and quantitative economist like yourself has something to say about that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The yield curve was inverted at the opening today bot. I am sure a rationalist and quantitative economist like yourself has something to say about that.
    I think we are in for a cool down but not a recession at present. Rates went up and put a tamper on growth and now here we are. It will be interesting to see what the Fed decides to do next. That's my not-expert opinion anyways.
  • Options

I think we are in for a cool down but not a recession at present. Rates went up and put a tamper on growth and now here we are. It will be interesting to see what the Fed decides to do next. That's my not-expert opinion anyways.
    Yeah. No big deal. A cooling down. It’s not like an inverted yield curve has ever preceded a recession or anything. I’ll wait for bot to weigh in.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Yeah. No big deal. A cooling down. It’s not like an inverted yield curve has ever preceded a recession or anything. I’ll wait for bot to weigh in.
    Technically it's when the two year goes above the 10 year that triggers a recession in 12-18 months. Right now it's just the 3 month t bill over the 10 year.

That being said it's like clockwork. Except once in the 1990s. But it was just for a couple days. A prolonged yield curve inversion will mean a recession.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I expect you've already sold off the majority of your assets and/or taken out options in anticipation of the downturn. What's your prediction so we can bump this later when you are right?
    There's no uncertainty in predicting macro economics after all.