Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    He's not coming here. We suck. Nobody ever wants to come here.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    TTJ said:

Nobody wants to come here. We suck. We're not sexy. We get bitch slapped in our bowl games. Until that changes we're not a sexy program kids want to jump on early in the recruiting cycle. We should have a bunch of 4-stars committed already like other 10-win caliber programs around the nation. But we don't because we're not sexy and we're boring and we make recruiting way harder than it needs to be.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Nobody wants to come here. We suck. We're not sexy. We get bitch slapped in our bowl games. Until that changes we're not a sexy program kids want to jump on early in the recruiting cycle. We should have a bunch of 4-stars committed already like other 10-win caliber programs around the nation. But we don't because we're not sexy and we're boring and we make recruiting way harder than it needs to be.
    Dude you need a walk for some perspective. May I recommend the aurora bridge
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ok, I'll chime in.

Ballz above makes some interesting points and I mostly agree.

But I think that we're close, almost there yet. Almost.

The way and speed Peterman moves is methodical with a healthy dose of wtf?

the proof in the pudding will be after this NFL draft. Murphy, Rapp, McGary etc ... Is going to cement the visibility of Washington in the eyes of present croots.

Remember, it's only been really recent that croots have echoed stuff like "UW puts kids in the league ... Getting drafted ..." Like this year and maybe a little of last.

So, this is a critical year where we have a shot at some epic players. We're already super lucky that Huard is on board. We're also finally done with brownsocks.

On the downside, we're also unsure how damaging Petersen's methodical and conservative nature will play out as evidenced by him sticking with brownsocks for so long and how that is seen in the eyes of croots.

But at the end of the day it's all about winning and putting kids into the league and that's already been happening.

Just Don't expect croots to be throwing themselves at Petersen's feet the way we know how he operates. He literally pushes them away unless he's totally comfortable that they've done their due diligence. He's just so risk adverse.

I'm going all tequilla here.

Basically, just fucking wait guys!

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Weird to say, but I miss the Ballz that thinks everyone is coming here and says he's gonna be a Dawg.

The DDY and LaMichael schtick doesn't fit you.
    My posting changes drastically based on the mood I'm in. If you don't know that by now I can't help you. Watching the basketball team get butt fucked does not have me in a good mood. Plus, there's truth to it. Look at the national rankings. Out of every team that won 10 games last season, UW by far has the lowest ranked class. Out of Smalls, Hatchett, Hector, Adams, Redman, Botelho, Herbig, Wilson, and Murao, UW should have 3-4 of them committed already to be on par with other programs of similar stature around the nation. This slow ass recruiting is really fucking annoying. We should be dominating Pac-12 recruiting year round. Not lagging behind Oregon, Stanford, and USC in the Spring and hoping to catch up later.

I understand wanting guys to be sure and take other visits but if those other visits are just a formality prior to committing to UW, it's a waste of time. What's wrong with telling some of these kids you'd like them on board sooner than later to build some momentum and peer recruit other guys? Lets get this shit going. No offense to Gaard, who I love, but two 3-star commits is not moving the needle. We're the best program in the conference! Fucking act like it and start swinging that dick around!

We? will end up with a top 10 class this year, I’m sure of it.

That said, this was easily your best poast ever.

• Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

TTJ said:

Weird to say, but I miss the Ballz that thinks everyone is coming here and says he's gonna be a Dawg.

My posting changes drastically based on the mood I'm in. If you don't know that by now I can't help you. Watching the basketball team get butt fucked does not have me in a good mood. Plus, there's truth to it. Look at the national rankings. Out of every team that won 10 games last season, UW by far has the lowest ranked class. Out of Smalls, Hatchett, Hector, Adams, Redman, Botelho, Herbig, Wilson, and Murao, UW should have 3-4 of them committed already to be on par with other programs of similar stature around the nation. This slow ass recruiting is really fucking annoying. We should be dominating Pac-12 recruiting year round. Not lagging behind Oregon, Stanford, and USC in the Spring and hoping to catch up later.

I understand wanting guys to be sure and take other visits but if those other visits are just a formality prior to committing to UW, it's a waste of time. What's wrong with telling some of these kids you'd like them on board sooner than later to build some momentum and peer recruit other guys? Lets get this shit going. No offense to Gaard, who I love, but two 3-star commits is not moving the needle. We're the best program in the conference! Fucking act like it and start swinging that dick around!

Maybe top 10 in 247, but I don't see us getting top 10 composite. I think we finish around the same as last year around 15, a little lower if we lose Savell.

TTJ said:

Maybe top 10 in 247, but I don't see us getting top 10 composite. I think we finish around the same as last year around 15, a little lower if we lose Savell.
    going to be a dawg

I had no idea this guy was ranked the #2 athlete in the country. Fuckin' Steilacoom. Props

Now the #1 ranked athlete after today's updated rankings

More importantly up to 13 overall. Gonna be a five star.
    once he commits he will be 2*
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I had no idea this guy was ranked the #2 athlete in the country. Fuckin' Steilacoom. Props

Now the #1 ranked athlete after today's updated rankings

More importantly up to 13 overall. Gonna be a five star.
    once he commits he will be 2*
    Know who else was a 2-star?
    Russell Wilson?
    Jordy Nelson?
    Antonio Brown?
    Le'Veon Bell?
    T.Y Hilton?
    J.J Watt?
    Kahlil Mack?
    Aqib Talib?
    Bobby Wagner?
    Dontari Poe?
    Brent Grimes?
    David Johnson?

Must be one of those dudes because I have no idea who you are referring to ...
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let me just say I fucking hate Stanford. My SSS has indicated they are a legit threat. Education and all of that stupid shit. Is it Fremont or Tequila that breaks down the Stanford athlete degree.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019

TTJ said: