Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW - UNC Game Thread

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

Getting a grad transfer that can score would be huge ... particularly if Nowell leaves

Nowell should stay ... but that doesn’t mean people always make the smart decision

Getting McDaniels puts this team in as a legit Top 10-15 program next year

Nowell also lost his father a few years ago and his family isn’t quite as well off as others. If he can take care of his mom now, even if it’s not at his peak value, that’s a decision his been wrestling with for a long time.

The smartest decision is often the wrong decision when life factors comes into play.
    I'm not a Nowell family stalker but I thought I heard somewhere along the line that his mother is a teacher ... could be wrong on that.

Regardless, I think the point/question that I would put out there would be that he's unlikely to make it rich this year. Leaving without a guaranteed NBA Contract would be a disaster IMO as he has the ability to do that with another 12 months of work and development.

Trust me, I get the whole life isn't easy and whatnot. I probably understand it way better than most people do. But you have to be willing to put in the work and make the sacrifices to do things the right way if you want to get to where you want to get to in the end.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We are going to be so ridiculously long next year
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

Getting a grad transfer that can score would be huge ... particularly if Nowell leaves

Nowell should stay ... but that doesn’t mean people always make the smart decision

Nowell also lost his father a few years ago and his family isn’t quite as well off as others. If he can take care of his mom now, even if it’s not at his peak value, that’s a decision his been wrestling with for a long time.

The smartest decision is often the wrong decision when life factors comes into play.
    I'm not a Nowell family stalker but I thought I heard somewhere along the line that his mother is a teacher ... could be wrong on that.

Regardless, I think the point/question that I would put out there would be that he's unlikely to make it rich this year. Leaving without a guaranteed NBA Contract would be a disaster IMO as he has the ability to do that with another 12 months of work and development.

Trust me, I get the whole life isn't easy and whatnot. I probably understand it way better than most people do. But you have to be willing to put in the work and make the sacrifices to do things the right way if you want to get to where you want to get to in the end.
    You are correct about the family, you must have heard that at some tailgate i was at.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

This team next year gives me a boner. Naz, Bey, Green, Battle and Hardy as guards, Wright, BPJ, Roberts, Stewart and Sam Timmons up front could be a pretty good looking team that contends for the pac 12 title. If you add in the real possibility of signing McDaniels you get a rare human playing MT's position at the top of the zone and we win the Pac 12 again next year and are a top five seed in the tourney. If Nowell comes back this would be a team that could contend for a final four. We would stop being undersized and scrappy and would be long, lean and scary hard to score on. We would look like Florida State. Fuckin shit, that would be a hell of a team.

Also I heard that Anthony Lamb averaged 22 a game on 41 3% shooting for Vermont is thinking of grad transferring to UW. 6”6 stretch four/3. He would be huge. Dude can score. Had 34 against Kansas when they were at full strength this year. Get him and Jaden they are game changers.

Hope Timmins sees the writing on the wall and transfers.

Lamb’s a back up plan for McDaniels. So I don’t think it happens.
    @StrongArmCobra is a 6”6 black man. Maybe we could sign him?
    I'd be an upgrade over Hameir Wright. I can tell you that much. My 5 years of YMCA pick up game playing > Hamier Wright's 2 years of college ball.
    IMA tryhard > YMCA tryhard s/o @Tequilla
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We are going to be so ridiculously long next year

Pics?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Domicillo said:

Anthony Igelisas an incoming walk-on actually trains Anthony Lamb in the off-season. He’s going to contribute a lot in the skill development program outside of practice. He’s a huge get.

He also trains Jalen Pickett from Sienna who some think might go late round 1.

Hop is building one of the most impressive programs up and down: four coaches with very specialized assets, using the walk-on program for additional coaching/PD, wonderkids for analytics, elevating the nutrition & medical staffs, it’s beyond impressive. Anyone who thought/still thinks he’s going anywhere isn’t looking beyond the first paragraph in his Wikipedia page.
    Fuck he looks kinda like crisp and same number. I hope he makes us forget about crisp.
    2001400ex said:

Domicillo said:

Anthony Igelisas an incoming walk-on actually trains Anthony Lamb in the off-season. He’s going to contribute a lot in the skill development program outside of practice. He’s a huge get.

He also trains Jalen Pickett from Sienna who some think might go late round 1.

Hop is building one of the most impressive programs up and down: four coaches with very specialized assets, using the walk-on program for additional coaching/PD, wonderkids for analytics, elevating the nutrition & medical staffs, it’s beyond impressive. Anyone who thought/still thinks he’s going anywhere isn’t looking beyond the first paragraph in his Wikipedia page.
    Fuck he looks kinda like crisp and same number. I hope he makes us forget about crisp.
    He’s a walk-on that they are going to use in player development as a skills trainer. Already worked with some big names and only 19.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited March 2019
    BTP, what’s our scholarship limit looking like? How many transfers would be needed for McDaniels, Nowell, and Lamb to all be here next year? That team, with Stewart and Green would be final 4 worthy, I’ll give you that.
    dawgs206 said:

BTP, what’s our scholarship limit looking like? How many transfers would be needed for McDaniels, Nowell, and Lamb to all be here next year? That team, with Stewart and Green would be final 4 worthy, I’ll give you that.

Timmins transfer
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dawgs206 said:

Timmins transfer
    I support that.

dawgs206 said:

Timmins transfer
    I support that.
    Duh even if we don’t get Lamb. I don’t want him taking any minutes from BPJ, Stewart, and Roberts.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

Timmins transfer
    That’d be a squad. Our offense would actually have consistent options 1-5 and our defense would have length for the zone. Don’t get my hopes up for nothing.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019

dawgs206 said:

Timmins transfer
    Whose the lucky one who gets to tell papa Timmins?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

dawgs206 said:

Timmins transfer
    Whose the lucky one who gets to tell papa Timmins?
    I’ll do it if it means Nowell stays, and Lamb/JMac both come.
    Screenshotted
    UW basketball is going to be so tough next year 😈😈
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

You are correct about the family, you must have heard that at some tailgate i was at.
    Ha ... actually I think it was an article fromThe Athletic
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

Ha ... actually I think it was an article fromThe Athletic
    Yeah, it was asked in the comment section of that article. The writer said he didn't get the impression that supporting his mom was a large factor.