Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW - UNC Game Thread

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Houhusky said:

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

Where's he gonna go? His draft stock has plummeted in my mind.
    I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

As it stands, his game doesnt exist in the NBA.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
    He needs to come back if he doesn't want to end up being the next Tony Wroten.
    Jesus fucking Christ, there is zero similarity between Nowell and Wroten's game. If you want program comps Nowell is a less athletic Ross with a better jumper.
    I didn't say his game was similar to Wroten's. The comparison was used to describe how I think his pro career will go if he jumps to the NBA after this season before he's ready. Wroten is now out of the league and playing oversees.
    It's still a weird comp. Wroten flamed out because he was a one-trick pony who could never fix his jump shot. Nowell is a jack of all trades guy who can shoot, drive, and ball handle. He's an average athlete who still needs to improve in every facet, but he has the tools to stick around for awhile as a depth player.
    No it fucking isn't you idiot. Saying someone will end up being the next Tony Wroten is saying "He's a talented guard who plays for UW but will have a flame out NBA career if he leaves college too soon." That's it. Why do you keep comparing them as players? They don't have to be exactly the fucking same as players to understand what the fucking point was you moron.
  • DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Auburn was going to roll us anyway
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Trim your fucking eyebrows, Luke May. Jesus. Nobody wants to fuck a caterpillar.

• dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Going to miss Jaylen and Matisse a lot. However, Green and Crisp leaving will balance that out.

As streaky as he was, we'll miss Noah a lot too. It's just too much to ask of him when we have no other post players who can effectively spell him.
    I thought Noah did about as well as you could have hoped for given Carolina's size. Stewart should step right in to his role. Thybulle is going to be impossible to replace on D. A lot of coaches commented on how practicing the zone in practice just isn't the same as when you get out there against his length and ball skills. Hopefully Nowell stays because he was the only guy that we can rely on to score, but I bet he goes.

We've really been missing a true C in our zone, so I'm hoping we have that for the first time next year in BPJ or Roberts. Even if they are a slight liability on offense we need that length in the middle. Carolina carved us up there today.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Shenexon said:

Good season Huskies...sorry it had to end...

Thank you. Sincerely hope your back for the next one!
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dawgs206 said:

Going to miss Jaylen and Matisse a lot. However, Green and Crisp leaving will balance that out.

As streaky as he was, we'll miss Noah a lot too. It's just too much to ask of him when we have no other post players who can effectively spell him.
    I thought Noah did about as well as you could have hoped for given Carolina's size. Stewart should step right in to his role. Thybulle is going to be impossible to replace on D. A lot of coaches commented on how practicing the zone in practice just isn't the same as when you get out there against his length and ball skills. Hopefully Nowell stays because he was the only guy that we can rely on to score, but I bet he goes.

We've really been missing a true C in our zone, so I'm hoping we have that for the first time next year in BPJ or Roberts. Even if they are a slight liability on offense we need that length in the middle. Carolina carved us up there today.
    As good as Matisse was in the zone, his freakish ability was dragged down by the midget next to him. The top of the zone could be better overall next season with two tall, lengthy guys instead of one.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Shenexon said:

Good season Huskies...sorry it had to end...

David Crisp
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club
    WeAreAFootballSchool

So many orange slices being sent uw’s way

Oregon getting blown out is on the way as well. Lucky draw getting UC Irvine. But after that it's over.
    Ok!

But we aren’t talking about Oregon right now, are we?
    No, none of us UW fans are trolling an Oregon fan board because we're not fat pathetic losers.
    Don’t talk about yourself like that
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

Where's he gonna go? His draft stock has plummeted in my mind.
    I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

As it stands, his game doesnt exist in the NBA.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
    He needs to come back if he doesn't want to end up being the next Tony Wroten.
    Jesus fucking Christ, there is zero similarity between Nowell and Wroten's game. If you want program comps Nowell is a less athletic Ross with a better jumper.
    I didn't say his game was similar to Wroten's. The comparison was used to describe how I think his pro career will go if he jumps to the NBA after this season before he's ready. Wroten is now out of the league and playing oversees.
    It's still a weird comp. Wroten flamed out because he was a one-trick pony who could never fix his jump shot. Nowell is a jack of all trades guy who can shoot, drive, and ball handle. He's an average athlete who still needs to improve in every facet, but he has the tools to stick around for awhile as a depth player.
    No it fucking isn't you idiot. Saying someone will end up being the next Tony Wroten is saying "He's a talented guard who plays for UW but will have a flame out NBA career if he leaves college too soon." That's it. Why do you keep comparing them as players? They don't have to be exactly the fucking same as players to understand what the fucking point was you moron.
    Right, he's also gonna be the next Jake Locker. Good talk.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This team next year gives me a boner. Naz, Bey, Green, Battle and Hardy as guards, Wright, BPJ, Roberts, Stewart and Sam Timmons up front could be a pretty good looking team that contends for the pac 12 title. If you add in the real possibility of signing McDaniels you get a rare human playing MT's position at the top of the zone and we win the Pac 12 again next year and are a top five seed in the tourney. If Nowell comes back this would be a team that could contend for a final four. We would stop being undersized and scrappy and would be long, lean and scary hard to score on. We would look like Florida State. Fuckin shit, that would be a hell of a team.

This team next year gives me a boner. Naz, Bey, Green, Battle and Hardy as guards, Wright, BPJ, Roberts, Stewart and Sam Timmons up front could be a pretty good looking team that contends for the pac 12 title. If you add in the real possibility of signing McDaniels you get a rare human playing MT's position at the top of the zone and we win the Pac 12 again next year and are a top five seed in the tourney. If Nowell comes back this would be a team that could contend for a final four. We would stop being undersized and scrappy and would be long, lean and scary hard to score on. We would look like Florida State. Fuckin shit, that would be a hell of a team.

In a time like this there is only one thing to do. Let’s doog brotha.

I think Nowell stays.

Noah played well today. He is just limited size/athleticism wise compared to the fucking test tube science creatures UNC had out there today.

Stewart is basically Noah with lottery althleticism, size, and length.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Noah played well today. He is just limited size/athleticism wise compared to the fucking test tube science creatures UNC had out there today.

Stewart is basically Noah with lottery althleticism, size, and length.
    And a better attitude on the court
    What I’ve heard is Jaden McDaniels is basically a lock. Close with Hop and momma’s boy wants to stay close to home.

Heard that Jaylen is going to leave.