Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW - UNC Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

Where's he gonna go? His draft stock has plummeted in my mind.
    I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

As it stands, his game doesnt exist in the NBA.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
    He needs to come back if he doesn't want to end up being the next Tony Wroten.
    meh... Wroten was an all world athlete with a broke ass shot but still carried that "alpha" scorers mentality, I dont think they are all that comparable
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Little and White and Maye on the same team is fucking tough
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Houhusky said:

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
    Jesus fucking Christ, there is zero similarity between Nowell and Wroten's game. If you want program comps Nowell is a less athletic Ross with a better jumper.
    I didn't say his game was similar to Wroten's. The comparison was used to describe how I think his pro career will go if he jumps to the NBA after this season before he's ready. Wroten is now out of the league and playing oversees.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'll have no problem rooting for UNC the rest of the way. This is a well coached, prototype team.
  • Options
    Coby White is really fucking good
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

meh... Wroten was an all world athlete with a broke ass shot but still carried that "alpha" scorers mentality, I dont think they are all that comparable
    Wasn't comparing them as players.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Difference between the teams is Crisp vs White. Those 2 switch and we may be winning.

UNC’s 2nd and 3rd options at PG are better than Crisp. Not really comparable.
  • Options

Difference between the teams is Crisp vs White. Those 2 switch and we may be winning.

UNC’s 2nd and 3rd options at PG are better than Crisp. Not really comparable.
    Fucking exactly my point
  • Options

Houhusky said:

Jesus fucking Christ, there is zero similarity between Nowell and Wroten's game. If you want program comps Nowell is a less athletic Ross with a better jumper.
    I didn't say his game was similar to Wroten's. The comparison was used to describe how I think his pro career will go if he jumps to the NBA after this season before he's ready. Wroten is now out of the league and playing oversees.
    It's still a weird comp. Wroten flamed out because he was a one-trick pony who could never fix his jump shot. Nowell is a jack of all trades guy who can shoot, drive, and ball handle. He's an average athlete who still needs to improve in every facet, but he has the tools to stick around for awhile as a depth player.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We are going to be really fucking good next year. Jaylen’s not going anywhere.
  • Options
    SECisKingSECisKing Member Posts: 903
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wish Thybulle had one more year, even though he was ice cold as fuck on offense today.
  • Options

Going to miss Jaylen and Matisse a lot. However, Green and Crisp leaving will balance that out.

As streaky as he was, we'll miss Noah a lot too. It's just too much to ask of him when we have no other post players who can effectively spell him.
  • Options
    SECisKingSECisKing Member Posts: 903
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Of course he missed
  • Options
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    WHAT DO YOU SAY NOW, YOU FAGGOT BASNIGHT?!?!