Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Do you guys think washington will cover tomorrow?

MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
I'm seeing unc -11.5

Comments

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019
    Duke and UNC are the class of the field and it’s not even close. Kreist if Brandon Clarke has a merely good game instead of an all time great game, Gonzaga gets bounced by a shitty Baylor team tonight. Virginia can’t score. They’ll be on upset alert tomorrow, again. Kentucky is nothing special. Tenn isn’t either.

However... there is Oregon. Sure they haven’t played a real top 25 team during their run. But every game they play during their run is the same. A low scoring, tight first half followed by a slow to build but eventual 2nd half steam roll. Those dudes are in shape. Altman must have them running lines before, during and after practice.

They remind me of Kimba Walkers UCONN team that won the Natty. I’m not saying they’re gonna win a Natty, so don’t twist.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2019
    Depends on how early Roy presses.

If he presses early and often, as he should, we won't get close to covering.

If he gets cocky and thinks they can just beat us straight up, we cover and might win the damn game.

I'm guessing he presses for 30+ plus and beats us by 30+.

But if he doesn't...

ewiwbi
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    11.5 is a lot of points. I think we cover and the game will be close.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

If he gets cocky and thinks they can just beat us straight up, we cover and might win the damn game.

But if he doesn't...

ewiwbi

They’ll press from the get go and their gonna try to run the pace up as fast as possible. We’re going to be trying to do the opposite: number of possessions and points in the paint will dictate who wins this game.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    It really depends on if crisp fouls out early. If he does, we cover, if he somehow stays in the game no chance in hell
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Roy would be a complete moron not to press us all game, but I wouldn’t put it past him.
  • ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Legends are built from the efforts of teams that overachieve in moments of opportunity. By rights, UNC should win handily. But Hopkins has been in big games for decades and knows UNC. We need big games from everyone but upsets happen!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

But if he doesn't...

ewiwbi

If I were a college coach. I would go to the other teams board right away and you can usually find the weaknesses without even having to watch film. The two ways to beat us are the full court press. And get the ball in low with 2 on Dickerson/Timmins/Wright. That's so easy to do, yet teams don't really try. UNC has the talent to do it all game long.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Shenexon said:

Legends are built from the efforts of teams that overachieve in moments of opportunity. By rights, UNC should win handily. But Hopkins has been in big games for decades and knows UNC. We need big games from everyone but upsets happen!

Well one thing in UW favor is upsets generally come from experienced teams full of seniors. We are that at least. I'm not hopeful, but I think the line is lower because we beat Utah State by 17. The game wasn't that out of hand. But I would bet the Vegas sharps have never seen UW play until Friday.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

But if he doesn't...

ewiwbi

It blows my mind that teams haven't utilized it more, there hasn't been a single time we even looked mediocre vs it, pretty pathetic
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    2001400ex said:

Shenexon said:

Well one thing in UW favor is upsets generally come from experienced teams full of seniors. We are that at least. I'm not hopeful, but I think the line is lower because we beat Utah State by 17. The game wasn't that out of hand. But I would bet the Vegas sharps have never seen UW play until Friday.
    Plenty of seniors on UNC too