Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA legends on how good Shawn Kemp was

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My favorite NBA player of all tim. As a youth, I used to see him driving through Magnolia with the top down in his all-white Mustang GT convertible. Fuck Wally Walker. Ruined Kemp's career and the Sonics franchise, and it all started with the horrendous McIlvaine contract.

That McIlvaine thing might have cost Seattle a NBA title
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My favorite NBA player of all tim. As a youth, I used to see him driving through Magnolia with the top down in his all-white Mustang GT convertible. Fuck Wally Walker. Ruined Kemp's career and the Sonics franchise, and it all started with the horrendous McIlvaine contract.

100% agree. By 1998, the Bulls were running on fumes. Lucky for them they faced an old Jazz team that couldn't run in the Finals.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

100% agree. By 1998, the Bulls were running on fumes. Lucky for them they faced an old Jazz team that couldn't run in the Finals.
    Some people have looked at me like I'm crazy, but if George Karl put Gary on MJ the entire series (in '96), the Sonics would have taken that to 7 games.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Some people have looked at me like I'm crazy, but if George Karl put Gary on MJ the entire series (in '96), the Sonics would have taken that to 7 games.
    I went to a game in that era. It was the first year back in key arena after being in Tacoma. Bulls were up with under a minute to go and had the ball. Jordan was dribbling up by half court, Gary was on him. Gary straight went at Jordan and took the ball and went down and made the layup. Was the craziest shit I've seen in key arena.

I don't know that we would have taken them to 7, but we were the only team that decade that had the cockiness and confidence to beat the Bulls.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I went to a game in that era. It was the first year back in key arena after being in Tacoma. Bulls were up with under a minute to go and had the ball. Jordan was dribbling up by half court, Gary was on him. Gary straight went at Jordan and took the ball and went down and made the layup. Was the craziest shit I've seen in key arena.

I don't know that we would have taken them to 7, but we were the only team that decade that had the cockiness and confidence to beat the Bulls.

@WilburHooksHands
  • Options

2001400ex said:

@WilburHooksHands
    Yet they never faced the Bulls in the playoffs during the Bulls run.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

@WilburHooksHands
    Yet they never faced the Bulls in the playoffs during the Bulls run.
    And?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

@WilburHooksHands
    The Sonics owned them.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sonics did own the Rockets, but Rockets were the only team that could have beaten the Bulls.
  • Options

Sonics did own the Rockets, but Rockets were the only team that could have beaten the Bulls.

Nobody was beating the Bulls at full strength.
  • Options

respectfully disagree
  • Options

respectfully disagree
    Not the 91-93 or 96 Bulls anyway. 98, sure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

@WilburHooksHands
    The Sonics owned them.
    And Houston owned everyone else

The point is they were cocky and confident. Watch the show on them. They owned Chicago regular season and they knew it

And they didn't do this

• Options
    edited March 2019
    https://youtu.be/17T30S22Szg
    https://youtu.be/eywwdbDB1hE

hth

edit: Maxwell an x factor, he was an assassin and had zero fear of Jordan
  • Options

2001400ex said:

@WilburHooksHands
    The Sonics owned them.

Too soon.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

My favorite NBA player of all tim. As a youth youf, I used to see him driving through Magnolia with the top down in his all-white Mustang GT convertible. Fuck Wally Walker. Ruined Kemp's career and the Sonics franchise, and it all started with the horrendous McIlvaine contract.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Don't be an idiot.