Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tate Martell

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,181
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
If there is one guy that deserves a hardship waiver with everything he's gone though in life...it's him.

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    it's in the portal
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't even understand what the basis for requesting a hardship waiver was let alone how it was granted. Is this basically a consequence of letting Fields be immediately eligible when they probably shouldn't have?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HuskyJW said:

If there is one guy that deserves a hardship waiver with everything he's gone though in life...it's him.

I agree. I wept.
  • Options

I don't even understand what the basis for requesting a hardship waiver was let alone how it was granted. Is this basically a consequence of letting Fields be immediately eligible when they probably shouldn't have?

Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seriously why did we not try with Eason? The fact he flew across the country, injured, and was actually coming back home gives enough ammunition for any lawyer worth a shit to argue for a waiver.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,825
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to punch Tate martell in his ovaries.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter

Sad to hear someone called Tate the N word. Ts and Ps.

I heard he was in the Cheez-its aisle at Safeway in Columbus, Ohio and overheard someone say "crackers". With that kind of rampant racism, I'd leave too.

In all serious, this will become the go to for any athlete that wants to imediately transfer. I believe it also worked 3 or 4 years ago for an Oregon basketball kid who claimed he heard some racist stuff.
  • Options

I heard he was in the Cheez-its aisle at Safeway in Columbus, Ohio and overheard someone say "crackers". With that kind of rampant racism, I'd leave too.

In all serious, this will become the go to for any athlete that wants to imediately transfer. I believe it also worked 3 or 4 years ago for an Oregon basketball kid who claimed he heard some racist stuff.
    That's racist man.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I believe it at Oregon
  • Options

I believe it at Oregon

Haie there. If there's raysism in Eugene, there's raysism in Columbus Ohio.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    Standard Supporter

I believe it at Oregon

No. The kid transferred into Oregon from Rice or something. He was Turkish I think and he claimed somebody said something racist to him (In Texas, imagine that) so he got an extra year of eligibility at Oregon
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s a tough call. You’re going to get bashed if you didn’t let Fields leave, but we also know the only reason he left was because he didn’t want to sit behind Fromm.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I believe it at Oregon

No. The kid transferred into Oregon from Rice or something. He was Turkish I think and he claimed somebody said something racist to him (In Texas, imagine that) so he got an extra year of eligibility at Oregon
    Kazemi. He looked like he smelled like sweaty gyros. Had a crafty all around game too.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,825
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I believe it at Oregon

Kazemi. He looked like he smelled like sweaty gyros. Had a crafty all around game too.
    That’s sometimes how I feel when I look in the mirror.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Doogles said:

Seriously why did we not try with Eason? The fact he flew across the country, injured, and was actually coming back home gives enough ammunition for any lawyer worth a shit to argue for a waiver.

I don't remember the specifics, but the rule changed after Eason transferred.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Yeah, they can't retroactive the rule unfortunately. Besides, they were going to probably ride brownsocks anyways so might as well as Eason until he buys in and acclimatizes and see if he's truly dedicated.

So far it's looking good.
    Being on scout team and getting reps and keeping hungry is good for eason