Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What if I told you that

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,380
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why so angry?

Clam down trubo
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited March 2019
    Meek said:

UW won the Pac 12 next year and Stanford got the CFP bid?

Let's say UW beats Stanford giving Stanford their only loss while UW loses a conference game but wins the tie breaker. Both are 11-1, UW 12-1 after beating Utah in the CCG

But!

THE TOUGHEST NONCONFERENCE SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY
    Stanford: vs. Northwestern (Aug. 31), at UCF (Sept. 14), vs. Notre Dame (Nov. 30)

In addition to their nine Pac-12 games, the Cardinal host the defending Big Ten West champions, travel to play a team that just had a 25-game winning streak snapped and close the season against a team that came closer to beating Clemson (on the scoreboard at least) than Alabama did. Coming off an up-and-down 2018, there will be no free passes for David Shaw’s crew.

Stanford sweeps these games they get voted in ahead of Pussy U and our? pussy schedule

This is a real concern that Race has identified. It shouldn't be an issue, but the reality is that ESPN hates UW so much (I still don't understand why, but they do...it's fucking weird and inappropriate) such that those douches on College Football Live simply diminish everything about UW every time they have a chance. This is where the playoff committee is totally gullible in that none of them watch every game and thus they take their cues from ESPN...with ESPN bitch slapping UW it will naturally elevate any Pac12 team that is not UW - call it Oregon or Stanford or USC.

The disrespect is unreal!
    The world is not out to get UW.

We were treated as well or better than we deserved in both 2016 (last playoff team in) and 2017 (last NY6 team in).

There's no anti UW conspiracy, and the playoff committee is not looking to screw us. In Race's scenario Stanford gets in ahead of us because Stanford would deserve to be ahead of us. It's not going to happen though.

Take this shit to Doogman.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Meek said:

PurpleJ said:

I still think it's a dumb point because our DAWGS always have destiny in their hands. Losers care about ESPN and winners win. I thought Race was better than this.

speaking of losers
    Fuck off.

Even in Race's scenario, the committee would give preference to the conference champ.

But the REAL point is, don't go 11-1 like a punk bitch and you'll have no issues.

We were treated as well or better than we deserved in both 2016 (last playoff team in) and 2017 (last NY6 team in).

There's no anti UW conspiracy, and the playoff committee is not looking to screw us. In Race's scenario Stanford gets in ahead of us because Stanford would deserve to be ahead of us. It's not going to happen though.

You can't read either. I was saying go undefeated or shut the fuck up. Meek was the one that brought up ESECPN. You know I don't buy into that shit. Be better. Be BEST!
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited March 2019
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Meek said:

PurpleJ said:

I still think it's a dumb point because our DAWGS always have destiny in their hands. Losers care about ESPN and winners win. I thought Race was better than this.

speaking of losers
    Fuck off.

Even in Race's scenario, the committee would give preference to the conference champ.

But the REAL point is, don't go 11-1 like a punk bitch and you'll have no issues.

You can't read either. I was saying go undefeated or shut the fuck up. Meek was the one that brought up ESECPN. You know I don't buy into that shit. Be better. Be BEST!
    I was trying to reply to meek, note who I down voted. Fat fingers strike again!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mental health will drive you mad.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

Let's say UW beats Stanford giving Stanford their only loss while UW loses a conference game but wins the tie breaker. Both are 11-1, UW 12-1 after beating Utah in the CCG

But!

Stanford: vs. Northwestern (Aug. 31), at UCF (Sept. 14), vs. Notre Dame (Nov. 30)

In addition to their nine Pac-12 games, the Cardinal host the defending Big Ten West champions, travel to play a team that just had a 25-game winning streak snapped and close the season against a team that came closer to beating Clemson (on the scoreboard at least) than Alabama did. Coming off an up-and-down 2018, there will be no free passes for David Shaw’s crew.

Stanford sweeps these games they get voted in ahead of Pussy U and our? pussy schedule

This is a real concern that Race has identified. It shouldn't be an issue, but the reality is that ESPN hates UW so much (I still don't understand why, but they do...it's fucking weird and inappropriate) such that those douches on College Football Live simply diminish everything about UW every time they have a chance. This is where the playoff committee is totally gullible in that none of them watch every game and thus they take their cues from ESPN...with ESPN bitch slapping UW it will naturally elevate any Pac12 team that is not UW - call it Oregon or Stanford or USC.

didn't say the world dude. said ESPN...if you take the time to watch College Football Live every day like I do (old, rich, white and don't have to work much) then you'll actually see that the talking heads do actually take shots at UW constantly. It is on the air literally every time UW is mentioned. I didn't say it's a conspiracy, but what I said is that the committee doesn't objectively assess the teams (it's virtually impossible to do what they suggest they do), but it's undeniable that the narrative about UW is constantly negative on ESPN. I don't see how you could disagree with that (unless you're generalizing and hypothesizing without watching CFL each day like I do).

Ask Race. He's also old, rich and white and watches it every day too. If ESPN wasn't the only national tv show about college football it wouldn't be such a big deal, but the Pac12 Networks doesn't get any messaging to the rest of the country (for the obvious reason they aren't even available to this country). Anyway, I don't dwell on it, but it's a pretty clear theme when you watch ESPN.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

But!

didn't say the world dude. said ESPN...if you take the time to watch College Football Live every day like I do (old, rich, white and don't have to work much) then you'll actually see that the talking heads do actually take shots at UW constantly. It is on the air literally every time UW is mentioned. I didn't say it's a conspiracy, but what I said is that the committee doesn't objectively assess the teams (it's virtually impossible to do what they suggest they do), but it's undeniable that the narrative about UW is constantly negative on ESPN. I don't see how you could disagree with that (unless you're generalizing and hypothesizing without watching CFL each day like I do).

Ask Race. He's also old, rich and white and watches it every day too. If ESPN wasn't the only national tv show about college football it wouldn't be such a big deal, but the Pac12 Networks doesn't get any messaging to the rest of the country (for the obvious reason they aren't even available to this country). Anyway, I don't dwell on it, but it's a pretty clear theme when you watch ESPN.
    ESPN is petty and stupid but Meek is right, its the only game in town and between Larry FS Scott and our prickly coach, UW is way down the totem (hi @Swaye ) pole there

But in my original post Stanford would get the bid based on criteria having little to do with ESPN
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

Stanford isn't sweeping those games and they'll be lucky to even be 2nd in the norte.

Whaa? I can totally see Stanford beating those three teams. Hardly a murderer's row.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Stanford isn't sweeping those games and they'll be lucky to even be 2nd in the norte.

Whaa? I can totally see Stanford beating those three teams. Hardly a murderer's row.
    None of them are patsies and Stanford is no longer a dominant team. They lose to either ND or UCF.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

None of them are patsies and Stanford is no longer a dominant team. They lose to either ND or UCF.
    Or they don't. Either way, ....
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Or they don't. Either way, ....
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The other side of this coin is that the entire league will be judged on how Stanford does non conference since nobody else plays anyone and by nobody I do mean Oregon playing Auburn

That's about it.