Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Experts discover that we don't always lose to CAL!!!! (Cal thought of too highly)

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Don't ask me why because I am going to tell you but it really bothers me when Husky fans say we always lose to Cal because we don't. There is a sweet spot of losing to Cal that many here grew up in so they naturally think that way. It was Jeff Tedford and Aaron Rodgers against Gilby Ty and Smilin Carl Bonnell. We not only lost we lost in historic beat down fashion including giving up 56 at Husky Stadium.

Cal won 5 straight from 02 to 06. I still maintain the 02 loss at Husky Stadium cost Rick his job. It was that shocking to lose to a team we had beaten 19 straight times.

19 straight times from 76 to 01.

19 straight.

We? have gone 9-3 since that streak. The three losses are horrible and unacceptable but still only 3 losses in a dozen years does not mean we always lose to Cal.

My dad hated Cal and as @BearsWiin and I discussed this fall, true Huskies and Bears know of a rivalry that goes back to the Gil Dobie era

From the 20's to Don James Cal did have a winning record against UW. I recall my dad getting pissed as we? lost to Cal and he was listening on the radio. My very first Husky game was against Cal, a scintillating 7-7 tie in 1968. He hated the California schools and looked at the NW schools as a nuisance like any REAL DAWG fan

Anyway the 19 game streak gives us a 14 game series lead and over the last 40 years we always beat Cal. 28-8. 28-3 without the aberration. We should be in another streak but Jake Browning. And Haener

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Aaron Rodgers was at Cal in 2003 and 2004, and in 2004 he barely threw the ball (17 attempts?); Cal ran through and over UW with Arrington and Lynch.

Marshawn was more instrumental in beating UW than Rodgers was

Which is why I fell in love with Jeff Tedford. He ran the damn ball at UO and early at Cal
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also, people forget that the main reason the Pac sucks now is that the California schools turned into soft dog shit over the last few decades.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCLA is a soccer school now.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I went 3-3 in my career vs CAL.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019
    BearsWiin said:

Aaron Rodgers was at Cal in 2003 and 2004, and in 2004 he barely threw the ball (12-23, 161 yds); Cal ran through and over UW with Arrington and Lynch. By the end of 2004 Cal had almost no healthy TEs or WRs, so we? ran the ball a lot more (44 rushes to 24 passes in the UW game). Rodgers was very efficient in his few passing attempts, but he also saw that the injured guys were all seniors who wouldn't be coming back in 2005 anyway, so he decided to declare for the NFL draft. Had he stayed, he would have thrown to a freshman DeSean Jackson, Cal would likely have beaten Oregon, OSU, and UCLA, and played USC late that year for the Rose Bowel. blah blah whatmighthavebeen

I talked with Aaron Rodgers after that 56-17 game and had no idea that he would one day become one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2019

BearsWiin said:

Aaron Rodgers was at Cal in 2003 and 2004, and in 2004 he barely threw the ball (12-23, 161 yds); Cal ran through and over UW with Arrington and Lynch. By the end of 2004 Cal had almost no healthy TEs or WRs, so we? ran the ball a lot more (44 rushes to 24 passes in the UW game). Rodgers was very efficient in his few passing attempts, but he also saw that the injured guys were all seniors who wouldn't be coming back in 2005 anyway, so he decided to declare for the NFL draft. Had he stayed, he would have thrown to a freshman DeSean Jackson, Cal would likely have beaten Oregon, OSU, and UCLA, and played USC late that year for the Rose Bowel. blah blah whatmighthavebeen

I talked with Aaron Rodgers after that 56-17 game and had no idea that he would one day become one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.
    Strange, I only thought he spoke to technically gifted writers?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

BearsWiin said:

Strange, I only thought he spoke to technically gifted writers?
    Noice
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

Impressive, since Rodgers was a rookie with the Packers after that 56-17 game, which was in 2005

Rodgers was QB for the 54-7 game in 2003
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

He's no Tom Brady. Nothing special.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    thatsthejoke.gif
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

We? have gone 9-3 since that streak. The three losses are horrible and unacceptable but still only 3 losses in a dozen years does not mean we always lose to Cal.

Losing to Cal ever = Losing to Cal always

HTH.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2019
    Yes you do race!

Bears win!