Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Yang draws crowd of 3,000 for campaign speech

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    Founders Club
    “I was immediately taken with him. I really appreciate how clearly he articulates his policies, his platforms, without grandstanding,” said Aissa Le, 29, of San Francisco. “He’s a straight shooter.”
  • Options

“I was immediately taken with him. I really appreciate how clearly he articulates his policies, his platforms, without grandstanding,” said Aissa Le, 29, of San Francisco. “He’s a straight shooter.”

ISAFNRC
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Got any fresh antivax literature for us?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I do like Yang.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Along with a bastardized version of UBI that would bankrupt everything Yang has weighed in on other important issues of our times:

And the sad thing is he is probably the most sane Dem running to date...they are truly a strange, growing group of nutjobs.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,691
    I love foreign languages on a presidential candidates signs.................................
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Along with a bastardized version of UBI that would bankrupt everything Yang has weighed in on other important issues of our times:

And the sad thing is he is probably the most sane Dem running to date...they are truly a strange, growing group of nutjobs.
    :D you follow jack posebiec
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,217
    Swaye's Wigwam

:D you follow jack posebiec
    Your worthless
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

He said it was a fear, not that it "will" happen.

He took a stance about circumcision but does endorse a ban on it. He has positions and has stayed consistent. Can't call him a flip flopper quite yet.

Yang has said that he rejects support from white nationalists and anti-Semites. He also told The Daily Beast that while he wants parents to have more information about circumcision, he wouldn’t support a ban on practice.

But even just his recommendation that parents be told that they don’t have to circumcise their sons has won over intactivists. Chapin said Yang’s anti-circumcision stance is a perfect fit for his campaign motto, “Humanity First.”

“I think there’s nothing more inhumane than tying down a baby or a child and amputating a healthy, normal part of his body,” Chapin said. “So I just think that his campaign slogan is awesome.”
  • Options
    jecornel said:

He took a stance about circumcision but does endorse a ban on it. He has positions and has stayed consistent. Can't call him a flip flopper quite yet.

Yang has said that he rejects support from white nationalists and anti-Semites. He also told The Daily Beast that while he wants parents to have more information about circumcision, he wouldn’t support a ban on practice.

But even just his recommendation that parents be told that they don’t have to circumcise their sons has won over intactivists. Chapin said Yang’s anti-circumcision stance is a perfect fit for his campaign motto, “Humanity First.”

“I think there’s nothing more inhumane than tying down a baby or a child and amputating a healthy, normal part of his body,” Chapin said. “So I just think that his campaign slogan is awesome.”
    Huh? He didn't say it was a fear...he said "I think we are one generation away from falling into the same camps as the Jews who were attacked in the synagogue in Pittsburgh."

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Bold stance, rejected support from white Nationalist and and Anti-Semites. Other than a few of the Rats who love playing footsie with anti-Semites which candidates are accepting support from white Nationalists?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Huh? He didn't say it was a fear...he said "I think we are one generation away from falling into the same camps as the Jews who were attacked in the synagogue in Pittsburgh."

Sorry, he doesn't endorse a circumcision ban.

Suggesting attacks in the future is bold. Let's see his stance on it to a wider audience.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Sorry, he doesn't endorse a circumcision ban.

Suggesting attacks in the future is bold. Let's see his stance on it to a wider audience.
    Watch the whole thing...his comment is if we don’t follow his religion (UBI) he thinks whites are one generation away from shooting up Asians because China will be the boogie man (or something). Pretty weird all-around...

And he doesn’t endorse a ban...he did endorse using tax dollars to launch “education campaigns” against it. Sounds like another great way to spend tax dollars...maybe it will become his wife’s pet cause if he wins. Hell...I can picture the slogans now. If Yang himself is circumcised his wife’s slogan could be ‘Don’t cut your son’s yang the same way my husbands is’.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That would be ironic. I don't like the idea of using tax dollars to push the agenda. Parents can consult their pediatrician on the matter.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Last thing needed is a tech candidate. Hard no on this neophyte.
  • Options
    No yangy my wangy....the throbber needs food.

I like his style and some of his message. The Throbber LOVES the VAT tax (in conjunction with reduction, if not outright elimination of sales and property taxes). FUCKING loves the VAT tax.

The throbber also appreciates that Yang understands the "it's the economy, stupid" and appears to recognize the pie is not finite - that it can grow through innovation and entrepreneurship.

That said (and Jake Browning still sucks except for his girlfriend's luscious titties), he won't win if he keeps pushing the social agenda of the left. Keep it down the middle of the fairway on comments related to race, sex, masturbation, etc. Focus on $$$ and how it affects everyday Joe's regular life.

But Dems hate to win so he won't.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No yangy my wangy....the throbber needs food.

I like his style and some of his message. The Throbber LOVES the VAT tax (in conjunction with reduction, if not outright elimination of sales and property taxes). FUCKING loves the VAT tax.

The throbber also appreciates that Yang understands the "it's the economy, stupid" and appears to recognize the pie is not finite - that it can grow through innovation and entrepreneurship.

That said (and Jake Browning still sucks except for his girlfriend's luscious titties), he won't win if he keeps pushing the social agenda of the left. Keep it down the middle of the fairway on comments related to race, sex, masturbation, etc. Focus on $$$ and how it affects everyday Joe's regular life.

But Dems hate to win so he won't.

Let me get this straight. You don't want a sales tax, you want a tax at every level of production. What couple possibly go wrong there.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Last thing needed is a tech candidate. Hard no on this neophyte.

He’s not a tech candidate. He’s a former attourney who worked in healthcare and education and now runs a non-profit trying to get young entrepreneurs to go anywhere but SF or NY. His entire UBI philosophy is about counter acting job loss from AI.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,691
    I desperately want a candidate who thinks circumcision is wrong but crushing the skulls of babies and dismembering them in the womb and selling the parts is OK.