Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New Watch Thread

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Also @Doogles is the Milgauss in yet?

Here's a pic brought to you by the UW marketing department:

And here's one with better lighting because I'm a douchebag:

That's a nice looking watch...but I'm not down with the "lightning bolt" second hand. Seems to be trying to hard.
    I love the lightening bolt simply because Rolex is known for being so straight and narrow and they allowed themselves to make a playful statement piece. Totally out of character for them.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Putting this here since horology is a mildly cultured thing, and the Tug is absolute Deep Anus AIDS.

So, it had been several months since I did any watch trading or buying. Figured I was owed one and had my eye on NOMOS for a long time. Found a real bargain on one, which can be hard to do in the US (especially not gray market), so I grabbed it.

NOMOS Zurich World Timer Midnight Blue, Ref. 807. It is not a true World Timer (good luck finding an in house movement true World Timer for between 5-6K). It's a GMT with a world wheel, but man can those Germans put out a sexy bauhaus watch. While Geneva still has far more high end manufacturers, what the Germs are doing in Glashutte is remarkable. Lange, Glashutte Original and NOMOS are a really powerful watchmaking trifecta. Wish I could afford a Lange, but since I can't, NOMOS it is.

Anyway, if there are any other watch nerds in here have at it. If not, EMFA.

I'm going to Monterey/Carmel for the next few days and there is a renowned high end watch shop that is an AD for Nomos and Zenith among others. Excited to see what the hype is about.

http://chatelco.com/
    You love em or you hate them, but they are a super hot watch in the world of high horology. Not expensive (relative) either.
    I've always liked the idea of a square watch and figured when the time was right I'd grab a Monaco, but online this caught my eye:

Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Putting this here since horology is a mildly cultured thing, and the Tug is absolute Deep Anus AIDS.

So, it had been several months since I did any watch trading or buying. Figured I was owed one and had my eye on NOMOS for a long time. Found a real bargain on one, which can be hard to do in the US (especially not gray market), so I grabbed it.

NOMOS Zurich World Timer Midnight Blue, Ref. 807. It is not a true World Timer (good luck finding an in house movement true World Timer for between 5-6K). It's a GMT with a world wheel, but man can those Germans put out a sexy bauhaus watch. While Geneva still has far more high end manufacturers, what the Germs are doing in Glashutte is remarkable. Lange, Glashutte Original and NOMOS are a really powerful watchmaking trifecta. Wish I could afford a Lange, but since I can't, NOMOS it is.

Anyway, if there are any other watch nerds in here have at it. If not, EMFA.

I'm going to Monterey/Carmel for the next few days and there is a renowned high end watch shop that is an AD for Nomos and Zenith among others. Excited to see what the hype is about.

http://chatelco.com/
    You love em or you hate them, but they are a super hot watch in the world of high horology. Not expensive (relative) either.
    I've always liked the idea of a square watch and figured when the time was right I'd grab a Monaco, but online this caught my eye:

You can't go wrong with either. Both cool watches. I need to read about the TAG and see if it is an in house or not. I know the Tetra (Neomatik) is.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I like watches just don't know shit about them.

Be careful. It is addictive. I basically traded my coke habit for dumping thousands of dollars into watches.
    I have a post rehab app that tracks my daily dollar savings, I'm literally doing exactly this.
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

I like watches just don't know shit about them.

Be careful. It is addictive. I basically traded my coke habit for dumping thousands of dollars into watches.
    I have a post rehab app that tracks my daily dollar savings, I'm literally doing exactly this.
    The nice thing I have found about watches versus blow is that when I am all done with this someday I will still have a large chunk of the 50 grand I spent on it.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

That's a nice looking watch...but I'm not down with the "lightning bolt" second hand. Seems to be trying to hard.
    I love the lightening bolt simply because Rolex is known for being so straight and narrow and they allowed themselves to make a playful statement piece. Totally out of character for them.
    I thought the lighting bolt had something to do with this watch being designed for folks that worked around magnetic fields and needed a watch that wouldn’t be magnatized.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

I thought the lighting bolt had something to do with this watch being designed for folks that worked around magnetic fields and needed a watch that wouldn’t be magnatized.
    That is exactly what that second hand symbolizes. It is just a very playful nod to it from a company known for it's glacial pace of change and almost NEVER doing fun and whimsical things. Two of my favorite Rolexes are the modern Milgauss and the DeepSea James Cameron exactly because they are so out of character for Rolex. I like whimsy. And nice tits.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

That is exactly what that second hand symbolizes. It is just a very playful nod to it from a company known for it's glacial pace of change and almost NEVER doing fun and whimsical things. Two of my favorite Rolexes are the modern Milgauss and the DeepSea James Cameron exactly because they are so out of character for Rolex. I like whimsy. And nice tits.

And you’ve seen mine which the most conservative, slow strat, Rolex of them all. I need to start being fun and kewl.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

And you’ve seen mine which the most conservative, slow strat, Rolex of them all. I need to start being fun and kewl.
    Buy that James Cameron Deepsea. It's a tank of a watch, but you are freakishly huge so no worries pulling it off.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was in the fly shop today buying pegging strips for trout beads. Guy working there had a nice omega sea dweller and we had some hawt watch talk.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was in the fly shop today buying pegging strips for trout beads. Guy working there had a nice omega sea dweller and we had some hawt watch talk.

*omega Seamaster
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pegging and beads? Something you want to tell us about Yella?
    Fly fishing is some freaky shit man.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

So did you have sex with him or what?
    I'm a married man Tonto.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I'm a married man Tonto.
    So you don’t have sex unless it’s your birthday or anniversary?
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

I'm a married man Tonto.
    Rate of married sex is inverse to years married as shown below - rate on y axis and years married on x axis. Vernon Adams verified its legit

Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

I'm a married man Tonto.
    There's married people with kids that have sex? Who are these lucky bastards?