Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Free Pub coming for USC and Stanford!!

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

One of these walk-on inside linebackers is not like the others:

Eddie Ulofoshio

Drew Fowler

Ben Hines

๐Ÿค” Hmm...

What Ben actually looks like as a college freshman: https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7009

The kid was first team all-state and played for a former Husky who runs a good program. How is that not deserving of a walk-on spot?

Can you name a single kid who was not offered a walk on spot who you think should have been?

Who gives a fuck about high school accolades? That doesn't mean shit. There are so many all-state guys in high school who go on to play at D2 and D3 schools because they're try-hard white guys who aren't talented enough for D1. He's not talented enough to compete at the Pac-12 level. Seriously, he's some 5'10 chubby kid playing linebacker. He's not even talented enough to make his teammates better in practice or make our special teams better. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but that's the truth. So what value does he and others like him add to the program? It's obvious we have preferred walk-ons who are Pac-12 competitive and have the talent to compete at this level like Myles Bryant, Ryan Bowman, Eddie Ulofoshio, and Drew Fowler and then you have preferred walk-ons like Hines and Rasmussen who are absolute trash and will obviously never compete for a starting job or playing time.

So how do THOSE preferred walk-ons who can't compete become preferred walk-ons? Is it just connections and obvious nepotism like in the case of Josh Rasmussen whose dad was a football staff member when he was offered a preferred walk-on spot, or is it because sometimes mommy and daddy donate a lot of money to the UW athletic department so their son can be a preferred walk-on and get into UW without needing to have a 4.0 GPA?

I don't follow Washington high school football outside of UW's top in-state targets but I'm sure there were a handful of kids way more talented than Hines who would have been better options from a competitive stand point as preferred walk ons. There always is. They end up going to Central or Eastern or Portland State or whatever.

Obviously I'm not making any accusations because I have no idea one way or the other. But I think it's naive to think all preferred walk-ons are equal at UW because they're clearly not. Some are brought in because they clearly can compete at this level. Some clearly can't compete at this level and are brought in because they add value in some way other than football competitiveness. Whether that's more money for the athletic department from their rich ass parents or because they help raise the team GPA, I don't know.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Another strong performance by @StrongArmCobra
    edited March 2019

Eddie Ulofoshio

Drew Fowler

Ben Hines

๐Ÿค” Hmm...

What Ben actually looks like as a college freshman: https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7009

The kid was first team all-state and played for a former Husky who runs a good program. How is that not deserving of a walk-on spot?

Can you name a single kid who was not offered a walk on spot who you think should have been?

Who gives a fuck about high school accolades? That doesn't mean shit. There are so many all-state guys in high school who go on to play at D2 and D3 schools because they're try-hard white guys who aren't talented enough for D1. He's not talented enough to compete at the Pac-12 level. Seriously, he's some 5'10 chubby kid playing linebacker. He's not even talented enough to make his teammates better in practice or make our special teams better. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but that's the truth. So what value does he and others like him add to the program? It's obvious we have preferred walk-ons who are Pac-12 competitive and have the talent to compete at this level like Myles Bryant, Ryan Bowman, Eddie Ulofoshio, and Drew Fowler and then you have preferred walk-ons like Hines and Rasmussen who are absolute trash and will obviously never compete for a starting job or playing time.

So how do THOSE preferred walk-ons who can't compete become preferred walk-ons? Is it just connections and obvious nepotism like in the case of Josh Rasmussen whose dad was a football staff member when he was offered a preferred walk-on spot, or is it because sometimes mommy and daddy donate a lot of money to the UW athletic department so their son can be a preferred walk-on and get into UW without needing to have a 4.0 GPA?

I don't follow Washington high school football outside of UW's top in-state targets but I'm sure there were a handful of kids way more talented than Hines who would have been better options from a competitive stand point as preferred walk ons. There always is. They end up going to Central or Eastern or Portland State or whatever.

Obviously I'm not making any accusations because I have no idea one way or the other. But I think it's naive to think all preferred walk-ons are equal at UW because they're clearly not. Some are brought in because they clearly can compete at this level. Some clearly can't compete at this level and are brought in because they add value in some way other than football competitiveness. Whether that's more money for the athletic department from their rich ass parents or because they help raise the team GPA, I don't know.
    So you can't name a single kid that was turned down as a PWO better than Ben. Also Ben had a scholarship offer to play at Eastern among other FBS schools you stupid fuck.

Again- just because we can get one or two kids a year to turn down PAC-12 offers to walk on doesn't mean its realistic to get 20.

You don't know what you are talking about. Take the loss for once in your life. Everyone will be very impressed at your personal growth.

Who are you his fucking dad? He was literally rated the #74 recruit in the state of Washington. You wanna know who they could have taken as a preferred walk-on besides him? Take your fucking pick. There was a shit load of better options. How about Jovon McConico, the safety from Garfield. His film was good. He signed with Hawaii. We certainly could have used him to add to the safety depth because he can actually compete at this level. Maybe Demetrius Crosby, a WR/DB athlete who signed with Eastern. He looks pretty good. 6'1 190 with good speed. He could compete at UW for sure.

Or they could have fucking passed and taken nobody and saved the spot for somebody who could actually compete for playing time down the road. Hines fucking sucks bad and will never compete for playing time here. Watch his fucking film. The only offer he had was from the University of San Diego. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about in terms of other offers. Maybe other walk-on offers from Eastern and others.

My point is, while we're laughing at USC for their scandal, we have no idea if UW has done similar things. Josh Rasmussen's dad worked for the football staff. At a minimum UW is guilty of nepotism right there. It's not illegal, but it's not ethical. In three years, Rasmussen has never played a down. Not even on special teams. You don't think there were other in-state guys more talented than Rasmussen who would have taken that spot if offered and would have been more competitive? I do.

Why are so many of our preferred walk-ons from private schools with rich parents? Why do we have zero preferred walk-ons from the hood? It's a little suspect to me. Do I think our coaches are pocketing cash from rich parents to bring in their kids as preferred walk-ons even though their kid sucks and can't compete at this level? Hell no. But I wouldn't be shocked if some of our preferred walk-ons are related to boosters or their rich parents became UW boosters after their son became a UW football player. Money talks and bullshit walks. If you suck and can't play at this level and everybody knows it, there must be another reason as to why our coaches chose you specifically and recruited you as a preferred walk-on over way better athletes from public schools.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I'm conflicted here:

This shit is hilarious! I love watching stupid rich people get exposed for cheating and being stupid and lazy.

BUT...

How in the actual fuck did that chunky little midget Ben Hines get recruited for one of UW's limited preferred walk-on spots? And why do so many of our preferred walk-ons come from private schools or rich kid schools like Bellevue, O'dea, Eastside Catholic, and Archbishop Murphy? And why was preferred walk-on WR Josh Rasmussen's dad, Rich Rasmussen, working for the football staff from 2013-2017 and obviously got his son into UW through the football program? ๐Ÿ‘€

Petersen runs arguably one of the cleanest programs in college football but I'm not gonna throw stones at USC and pretend none of this shit could possibly be happening at UW as well.

If you think Bellevue, O'Dea, and Murphy are rich kid schools, I feel even more sorry for you than I did before, which I thought not possible.
    1. Lol as if you would know because you're so rich and successful and know which schools are the "real rich kid" schools. You're some fat loser with nothing better to do than be on this board 24/7. You wouldn't know either way.

2. Two private schools and a public school in a city where a lot of millionaires live and send their kids to school qualify as "rich kid schools" relative to the backgrounds of most college football players.

3. Eat a dick. Oregon sucks. Mediocre Pac-12 team. 4th in the North.
    Oโ€™dea is mostly poor kids. Bellevue and Murphy are a mix.

The rich kids go to Bush, Saas, Seattle Prep, Charles Wright (hi @Baseman!), Eastside Catholic etc.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm conflicted here:

This shit is hilarious! I love watching stupid rich people get exposed for cheating and being stupid and lazy.

BUT...

How in the actual fuck did that chunky little midget Ben Hines get recruited for one of UW's limited preferred walk-on spots? And why do so many of our preferred walk-ons come from private schools or rich kid schools like Bellevue, O'dea, Eastside Catholic, and Archbishop Murphy? And why was preferred walk-on WR Josh Rasmussen's dad, Rich Rasmussen, working for the football staff from 2013-2017 and obviously got his son into UW through the football program? ๐Ÿ‘€

Petersen runs arguably one of the cleanest programs in college football but I'm not gonna throw stones at USC and pretend none of this shit could possibly be happening at UW as well.

If you think Bellevue, O'Dea, and Murphy are rich kid schools, I feel even more sorry for you than I did before, which I thought not possible.
    1. Lol as if you would know because you're so rich and successful and know which schools are the "real rich kid" schools. You're some fat loser with nothing better to do than be on this board 24/7. You wouldn't know either way.

2. Two private schools and a public school in a city where a lot of millionaires live and send their kids to school qualify as "rich kid schools" relative to the backgrounds of most college football players.

The rich kids go to Bush, Saas, Seattle Prep, Charles Wright (hi @Baseman!), Eastside Catholic etc.
    + Lakeside

I'm conflicted here:

BUT...

+ Lakeside
    Yeah I forgot about them.

Eddie Ulofoshio

Drew Fowler

Ben Hines

๐Ÿค” Hmm...

So you can't name a single kid that was turned down as a PWO better than Ben. Also Ben had a scholarship offer to play at Eastern among other FBS schools you stupid fuck.

Again- just because we can get one or two kids a year to turn down PAC-12 offers to walk on doesn't mean its realistic to get 20.

You don't know what you are talking about. Take the loss for once in your life. Everyone will be very impressed at your personal growth.

Who are you his fucking dad? He was literally rated the #74 recruit in the state of Washington. You wanna know who they could have taken as a preferred walk-on besides him? Take your fucking pick. There was a shit load of better options. How about Jovon McConico, the safety from Garfield. His film was good. He signed with Hawaii. We certainly could have used him to add to the safety depth because he can actually compete at this level. Maybe Demetrius Crosby, a WR/DB athlete who signed with Eastern. He looks pretty good. 6'1 190 with good speed. He could compete at UW for sure.

Or they could have fucking passed and taken nobody and saved the spot for somebody who could actually compete for playing time down the road. Hines fucking sucks bad and will never compete for playing time here. Watch his fucking film. The only offer he had was from the University of San Diego. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about in terms of other offers. Maybe other walk-on offers from Eastern and others.

My point is, while we're laughing at USC for their scandal, we have no idea if UW has done similar things. Josh Rasmussen's dad worked for the football staff. At a minimum UW is guilty of nepotism right there. It's not illegal, but it's not ethical. In three years, Rasmussen has never played a down. Not even on special teams. You don't think there were other in-state guys more talented than Rasmussen who would have taken that spot if offered and would have been more competitive? I do.

Why are so many of our preferred walk-ons from private schools with rich parents? Why do we have zero preferred walk-ons from the hood? It's a little suspect to me. Do I think our coaches are pocketing cash from rich parents to bring in their kids as preferred walk-ons even though their kid sucks and can't compete at this level? Hell no. But I wouldn't be shocked if some of our preferred walk-ons are related to boosters or their rich parents became UW boosters after their son became a UW football player. Money talks and bullshit walks. If you suck and can't play at this level and everybody knows it, there must be another reason as to why our coaches chose you specifically and recruited you as a preferred walk-on over way better athletes from public schools.
    Translation: I'll start off questioning your motives and then write A LOT of words, all in an incredibly unnecessary and ineffective attempt to save face for the stupid comment I pulled out of my ass to begin with. Kid has a lot of haie in his life.

I'm conflicted here:

BUT...

First non-stupid poast you've had in two weeks. Good job! That 3.6 is getting us somewhere.

I'm conflicted here:

BUT...

First non-stupid poast you've had in two weeks. Good job! That 3.6 is getting us somewhere.
    Hurtful

I'm conflicted here:

BUT...

Hurtful
    P.s. i got my meds dialed in finally. True story.
    I have confirmed with a reliable source close to the program that UW uses a portion of their preferred walk-on slots for fundraising and it's above Coach Pete's head. So yes, they do sell off some of the preferred walk on spots to rich parents for some extra revenue for the athletic department. My source told me "everybody does it". The coaches have the preferred walk on recruits that they actually want and think can compete here and then they have the preferred walk-on recruits they are told to recruit so the athletic department can receive a donation from their parents. As long as these recruits are actually on the team for at least one season it's not admissions fraud. Let's not forget the athletic department is still in millions of dollars of debt from the stadium renovation. They need the money. So there you go. I was right.