Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PAC 12 tourney thread

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

I am in no means down playing this win. I was worried going in and I am thrilled

But this team badly needs to change up the rotation. I would get green in the game super early tomorrow or even start him to try and build some momentum off of that big 3. We need him and he's struggled.

Also feels like Timmins needs more minutes

As bad as Noah has looked, Timmins is still a disaster.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

What happened to Noah? He was a beast last year and now he is so hot and cold.

News flash: he can’t pass out of a double. He constantly tries to go up against 2. He’s getting keyed on more too.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

Really need CU to win tonight. Do not want to face OSU again

Meh fuck em. We should be able to beat either and not worry about who we are going to play in this dreck conference.
    The pac-12 is drecky but talented.
    ntxduck said:

Imagine being worried about the beavs

Stephan Thompson Jr plays like Steph Curry against us.

We easily controlled both games against Colorado. I'm very happy to be playing them and think we win by double digits.
    If we were to make the final I think it would be a close game regardless. Maybe I'd rather play Oregon since it took our worst game by far for us to lose by 8 against them.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Meh fuck em. We should be able to beat either and not worry about who we are going to play in this dreck conference.
    ntxduck said:

We easily controlled both games against Colorado. I'm very happy to be playing them and think we win by double digits.
    If we were to make the final I think it would be a close game regardless. Maybe I'd rather play Oregon since it took our worst game by far for us to lose by 8 against them.
    Washington isn't beating anyone left in this tourney by double digits the way they are playing lately.
    ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

Washington isn't beating anyone left in this tourney by double digits the way they are playing lately.
    The game UW played today beats Colorado rather easily
    dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

USC turned it over 17 times, most of them dumb unforced shit like dribbling off their foot in transition...and lost by 3. You think UW played well today?
    ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

USC turned it over 17 times, most of them dumb unforced shit like dribbling off their foot in transition...and lost by 3. You think UW played well today?
    Not really but SC hit a fuck ton of difficult shots that no one in the conference besides UCLA is capable of.
    Beavus coming backn

Beavus coming backn

Spent too much energy getting back, now they done.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Colorado playing a third straight night would be an advantage too.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I wish Oregon had gotten a bye, but I do like their seeding. WSU has been playing better, but if Oregon gets by them, I like their chances against Utah and ASU. The only team I wouldn't want Oregon to see in the tournament is Oregon St.

Washington should cake walk into their game against OSU.

I think OSU is the sleeper

They definitely were asleep.
    ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

all pac-12 teams turn it over way too much.

how many points UW scores is generally not dependent on how they are defended but simply whether they are Jeckyll or Hyde shooting that day.

USC has athletes, capable 3 point shooters, and bigs who can pass and score.
    Colorado doens't have that
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

Not really but SC hit a fuck ton of difficult shots that no one in the conference besides UCLA is capable of.
    This. And they played very well down low most of the game. The way to beat us is to isolate Dickerson down low and get the ball in. They did that. Most teams know to do it and a lot in the PAC 12 can't.
    dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

all pac-12 teams turn it over way too much.

how many points UW scores is generally not dependent on how they are defended but simply whether they are Jeckyll or Hyde shooting that day.

USC has athletes, capable 3 point shooters, and bigs who can pass and score.
    Colorado doens't have that
    Line is UW -1.5 tomorrow. Put some money on it if you think they win by double digits rather easily
    2001400ex said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

ntxduck said:

This. And they played very well down low most of the game. The way to beat us is to isolate Dickerson down low and get the ball in. They did that. Most teams know to do it and a lot in the PAC 12 can't.
    and colorado specifically can't do that. Their bigs are all complete trash.
  • BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Whole lotta misplaced confidence in here for a 1.5 point favorite.

Whole lotta misplaced confidence in here for a 1.5 point favorite.

yeah that line surprises me. I'm not a betting man but it just seems like a really favorable matchup for us, but we aren't playing well so who knows.

I cannot remember us struggling with a team (at least defensively) that does not run their offense through their bigs.
    Oregon Utah is some WAC level action