Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This just fucking kills me

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

How dare the FBI go after rich white people. They should be able to do whatever they want because there’s other problems in the world.

I HATE rich white people with a passion. I just think there are WAY more important things worth the time of 300 FBI agents than some rich CA fucks who bribe their dumbfuck kids into school.
    I do not agree. I think inequality is as big of a problem as anything. Whether it’s education, the justice system, racial, wealth or political. And saying rich people should be allowed to break the law, because other problems exist, promotes inequality.

If you’re working class you have to earn your money and be saddled with debt for years to get an education. If you’re poor it’s because you were to lazy to earn it. But if you’re rich you don’t have to earn your money, 60% of the wealth in this country is inherited, you don’t have to earn your education, if you didn’t get in through legacy you can just bribe your way in, oh and law enforcement shouldn’t even look into it because other problems exist.

That’s what right wing politics are and, yeah, it’s an important thing that needs to be addressed. 300 FBI agents wasn’t nearly enough.
    So when does the 'inequality' excuse stop? After the persecuted are provided free education? Clothing? Food? Shelter?

WHEN does the oppressed finally have to man the fuck up and produce? It's just the OPPOSITE of the uber rich behaving in a shitty fashion - you gots to do the work on your own eventually. Personal responsibility and merit, you know.

Your use of 60% of wealth is inherited is funny. That distribution isn't across the entire population. A HUGE majority of the population has to go out and kill what they eat. Perhaps of all the wealth in the country, 60% is indeed passed down - to like less than 1% of the population. The rest of us are smart enough to know we gots to go to work to get what we want. The Throbber didn't sit around for 30 years of his life waiting for Ma and Pa Throbber to drop off so he could live off their riches. He went to fucking work and got busy.

Like probably 99.9% of the halfbrains here. Quit whining about the .1% and get busy. Jesus. And THAT my friends is why the Dems continue to lose. Obsessed with the unattainable. Trump figured this out and went full MAGA/I'm gonna bring back jobs - because a good chunk of the people know that's how economies work and if they have a job, they can participate in the economy instead of waiting around for gubmint teet to work its way to their neighborhood. It's ALWAYS going to be about what candidate can provide the hope and change (SWIDT) for normal Joe to stay employed, get employed or provide employment. That's part of why Yang's message reasonates - he's saying let's give a hand up with UBI but at the same time, grow the pie, retrain workers and build businesses. People can envision their own bank balance growing with that message.

And if you are waiting around for the pols to do the right thing - they won't. Neither side will. That's not what they are about. They want power and control. And the sooner the masses figure that out, the better their lives will be.

And, what of giving your kid an advantage? Those are part of the spoils of success. My kids have had advantages, and they've used them. Do you know what one of the biggest advantages they had? Their father now has a clue about how the system works, and he has tried hard to convey that knowledge to them. Because even with a father who made money, I had to figure out a bunch of shit on my own.

This scandal is different. This is fraud and dishonesty. I won't stand by and listen to anyone conflate that, which every clear-thinking person agrees is disgusting, with the general advantage one has if your parents make a little money.

Let me tell you, what I have was not just given to me. There are chunks of the creep's life that are lost and left in conference rooms from New York to tim buck too. I worked for it. If my kids have it better than the kids of parents who couldn't put it together, so be it. I don't want to step over their corpses when I go out for a walk. But I have no issue with the idea that mine have it better. They do because of me, and I don't apologize for it.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

How dare the FBI go after rich white people. They should be able to do whatever they want because there’s other problems in the world.

I HATE rich white people with a passion. I just think there are WAY more important things worth the time of 300 FBI agents than some rich CA fucks who bribe their dumbfuck kids into school.
    I do not agree. I think inequality is as big of a problem as anything. Whether it’s education, the justice system, racial, wealth or political. And saying rich people should be allowed to break the law, because other problems exist, promotes inequality.

If you’re working class you have to earn your money and be saddled with debt for years to get an education. If you’re poor it’s because you were to lazy to earn it. But if you’re rich you don’t have to earn your money, 60% of the wealth in this country is inherited, you don’t have to earn your education, if you didn’t get in through legacy you can just bribe your way in, oh and law enforcement shouldn’t even look into it because other problems exist.

That’s what right wing politics are and, yeah, it’s an important thing that needs to be addressed. 300 FBI agents wasn’t nearly enough.
    So when does the 'inequality' excuse stop? After the persecuted are provided free education? Clothing? Food? Shelter?

WHEN does the oppressed finally have to man the fuck up and produce? It's just the OPPOSITE of the uber rich behaving in a shitty fashion - you gots to do the work on your own eventually. Personal responsibility and merit, you know.

Your use of 60% of wealth is inherited is funny. That distribution isn't across the entire population. A HUGE majority of the population has to go out and kill what they eat. Perhaps of all the wealth in the country, 60% is indeed passed down - to like less than 1% of the population. The rest of us are smart enough to know we gots to go to work to get what we want. The Throbber didn't sit around for 30 years of his life waiting for Ma and Pa Throbber to drop off so he could live off their riches. He went to fucking work and got busy.

Like probably 99.9% of the halfbrains here. Quit whining about the .1% and get busy. Jesus. And THAT my friends is why the Dems continue to lose. Obsessed with the unattainable. Trump figured this out and went full MAGA/I'm gonna bring back jobs - because a good chunk of the people know that's how economies work and if they have a job, they can participate in the economy instead of waiting around for gubmint teet to work its way to their neighborhood. It's ALWAYS going to be about what candidate can provide the hope and change (SWIDT) for normal Joe to stay employed, get employed or provide employment. That's part of why Yang's message reasonates - he's saying let's give a hand up with UBI but at the same time, grow the pie, retrain workers and build businesses. People can envision their own bank balance growing with that message.

And if you are waiting around for the pols to do the right thing - they won't. Neither side will. That's not what they are about. They want power and control. And the sooner the masses figure that out, the better their lives will be.

And, what of giving your kid an advantage? Those are part of the spoils of success. My kids have had advantages, and they've used them. Do you know what one of the biggest advantages they had? Their father now has a clue about how the system works, and he has tried hard to convey that knowledge to them. Because even with a father who made money, I had to figure out a bunch of shit on my own.

This scandal is different. This is fraud and dishonesty. I won't stand by and listen to anyone conflate that, which every clear-thinking person agrees is disgusting, with the general advantage one has if your parents make a little money.

Let me tell you, what I have was not just given to me. There are chunks of the creep's life that are lost and left in conference rooms from New York to tim buck too. I worked for it. If my kids have it better than the kids of parents who couldn't put it together, so be it. I don't want to step over their corpses when I go out for a walk. But I have no issue with the idea that mine have it better. They do because of me, and I don't apologize for it.
    Timbuktu (/ˌtɪmbʌkˈtuː/) (Berber languages: ⵜⵏⴱⴾⵜⵓ, ⵜⵉⵏⴱⵓⴽⵜⵓ; French: Tombouctou; Koyra Chiini: Tumbutu) is an ancient city in Mali
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Timbuktu (/ˌtɪmbʌkˈtuː/) (Berber languages: ⵜⵏⴱⴾⵜⵓ, ⵜⵉⵏⴱⵓⴽⵜⵓ; French: Tombouctou; Koyra Chiini: Tumbutu) is an ancient city in Mali
    Ok!!!!!!!!!!

Swaye said:

I gots no problem with the creep spoiling his kids. I take you at face value that you worked your ass off to get whatever you got. That's the way the system should work. What I would have a problem is if you are paying Johnny Fixer to falsify your kids SAT scores or fraudulently represent they are a champion coxswain (Hi @YellowSnow ) or long-snapper or whatever the fuck it is that they think they need the status of being at the college level. In the celebs case, they actually photoshopped kids' faces on OTHER athletes....that's bullshit. That's unfair use of your riches. And in the celeb's case, unlawful. Don't be unlawful or expect the laws not to apply just because you're rich -same as don't be unlawful and expect the laws not to apply because you're poor.

You want to 'donate' $500K to Alma Mater U in the hopes that Lil Creep passes his SAT with acceptable admission standards and maybe get a leg up on Johnny Middle Class who had the same score? No problem. You want Lil Creep to be guaranteed a spot on the basketball squad? Fuck no - go practice his jump shot and hit the weights, motherfucker. The Throbber's been around enough AAU/youth sports shit to call bullshit on the pay for play crap. Compete and get minutes/schollie.

While it was decades ago, The Throbber's mom and (two) dads worked their asses off to bestow a debt-free education. THEY WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF - multiple jobs each - fucking Jamaican style. The least I can do is give my kids the same 'advantage' if you want to call it that and work HIS ass off too for that same 'advantage'. The Throbber has worked his ass off so hard, his butt looks like Brie Larson's...flat as a pancake (Hi @Swaye -pancakes!)

We are definitely on the same page here - give them the tools, provide them the resources and then figure it out. And work like a hooker on First Ave.

Note, my poast wasn't directed at your post. Of course, breaking the rules is far different than using what you got legally and w/in the bounds of the process. That's the basic point of my post.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,756

Swaye said:

My biggest advantage was having two college educated parents and an older brother with a 180 IQ and of course my older sister too

My mom taught me to read before I went to Kindergarten and my "numbers" too. The dinner table was tougher than any classroom.

I was white, I no longer identify as that please respect my decision, but the whole town was white back then. Even the Mexicans were white. My first true love was a 50/50 or white Hispanic. Her dad was full blood Mexican and nobody cared. The @PurpleThrobber knows of what I speak.

My dad died young and the cancer took his wealth so I got like 10 grand and blew it on a bad Hawaiian land deal that my genius brother got me into. Anyway I took what I had which was some smarts and have scratched out a living

I've worked for some incredibly rich guys and have seen first hand how hard they worked. I slackered my way to a living so I could get high and shit. Why would I blame them for my bank account?
    I think I've mentioned it before - Grandpa Throbber was a Grave Digger. A FUCKING Grave Digger. Mexicans won't even dig graves. During the Depression. It doesn't get much lower starting than that.

The Throbber doesn't judge people on the size of their bank account. Much respect to slugging it out from whereever one came and making their way of it. If daddy gifted you a $50 Million business (which isn't all that large, btw), it's your job to grow it to $100 Million. If you started with zero and have built an income to support yourself and your family, FUCK YEAH.

Uncle Race is right - we are so fucked if we think because we can put some form of hyphenation before our Americanism, that ENTITLES one to the golden ticket and total consciousness....it fucking doesn't. We should give no shits about color or religion or sexual preference or country of origin. Step on the field of life and fucking compete.

And if your definition of success is making enough cash to put a roof over your head, smoke weed, talk shit like Lane and get laid every once in a while....that's a hell of a country that allows you to do that.

Don't like it -GET THE FUCK OUT!

When family came over from Cuba at or shortly after the revolution, nobody here had to say anything to them. We took them in, got them started, and off they went. Some major success stories in there, too; some really by the hard way.

Over time, as the later rounds would come in here and there, I remember my father always saying to them, "El que no quiere trabajar no debe venir." He was always crystal clear with that round, some of whom we observed were kind of "out of it" from a work hard standpoint, that coming here is awesome if, and only if, you're ready to get after it. They were willing to go out and work in a "go through the motions" standpoint, but not really go out and hustle. We wrote them off as victims of socialism. They just didn't have it.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,730
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

When family came over from Cuba at or shortly after the revolution, nobody here had to say anything to them. We took them in, got them started, and off they went. Some major success stories in there, too; some really by the hard way.

Over time, as the later rounds would come in here and there, I remember my father always saying to them, "El que no quiere trabajar no debe venir." He was always crystal clear with that round, some of whom we observed were kind of "out of it" from a work hard standpoint, that coming here is awesome if, and only if, you're ready to get after it. They were willing to go out and work in a "go through the motions" standpoint, but not really go out and hustle. We wrote them off as victims of socialism. They just didn't have it.

I don't speak Messican.
    Pinche puta.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

My biggest advantage was having two college educated parents and an older brother with a 180 IQ and of course my older sister too

My mom taught me to read before I went to Kindergarten and my "numbers" too. The dinner table was tougher than any classroom.

I was white, I no longer identify as that please respect my decision, but the whole town was white back then. Even the Mexicans were white. My first true love was a 50/50 or white Hispanic. Her dad was full blood Mexican and nobody cared. The @PurpleThrobber knows of what I speak.

My dad died young and the cancer took his wealth so I got like 10 grand and blew it on a bad Hawaiian land deal that my genius brother got me into. Anyway I took what I had which was some smarts and have scratched out a living

I've worked for some incredibly rich guys and have seen first hand how hard they worked. I slackered my way to a living so I could get high and shit. Why would I blame them for my bank account?
    I think I've mentioned it before - Grandpa Throbber was a Grave Digger. A FUCKING Grave Digger. Mexicans won't even dig graves. During the Depression. It doesn't get much lower starting than that.

The Throbber doesn't judge people on the size of their bank account. Much respect to slugging it out from whereever one came and making their way of it. If daddy gifted you a $50 Million business (which isn't all that large, btw), it's your job to grow it to $100 Million. If you started with zero and have built an income to support yourself and your family, FUCK YEAH.

Uncle Race is right - we are so fucked if we think because we can put some form of hyphenation before our Americanism, that ENTITLES one to the golden ticket and total consciousness....it fucking doesn't. We should give no shits about color or religion or sexual preference or country of origin. Step on the field of life and fucking compete.

And if your definition of success is making enough cash to put a roof over your head, smoke weed, talk shit like Lane and get laid every once in a while....that's a hell of a country that allows you to do that.

Don't like it -GET THE FUCK OUT!

I just learnt I am living the American Dream up in this bitch!
    You do you, red man. You do you.

• USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I don't speak Messican.
    It says “Give me your passports and put on this dress.”

I think.
    USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

I don't speak Messican.
    It says “Give me your passports and put on this dress.”

I think.
    If it doesn't, it should.

Swaye said:

I gots no problem with the creep spoiling his kids. I take you at face value that you worked your ass off to get whatever you got. That's the way the system should work. What I would have a problem is if you are paying Johnny Fixer to falsify your kids SAT scores or fraudulently represent they are a champion coxswain (Hi @YellowSnow ) or long-snapper or whatever the fuck it is that they think they need the status of being at the college level. In the celebs case, they actually photoshopped kids' faces on OTHER athletes....that's bullshit. That's unfair use of your riches. And in the celeb's case, unlawful. Don't be unlawful or expect the laws not to apply just because you're rich -same as don't be unlawful and expect the laws not to apply because you're poor.

You want to 'donate' $500K to Alma Mater U in the hopes that Lil Creep passes his SAT with acceptable admission standards and maybe get a leg up on Johnny Middle Class who had the same score? No problem. You want Lil Creep to be guaranteed a spot on the basketball squad? Fuck no - go practice his jump shot and hit the weights, motherfucker. The Throbber's been around enough AAU/youth sports shit to call bullshit on the pay for play crap. Compete and get minutes/schollie.

While it was decades ago, The Throbber's mom and (two) dads worked their asses off to bestow a debt-free education. THEY WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF - multiple jobs each - fucking Jamaican style. The least I can do is give my kids the same 'advantage' if you want to call it that and work HIS ass off too for that same 'advantage'. The Throbber has worked his ass off so hard, his butt looks like Brie Larson's...flat as a pancake (Hi @Swaye -pancakes!)

We are definitely on the same page here - give them the tools, provide them the resources and then figure it out. And work like a hooker on First Ave.

Mea culpa time and I hope the FBI doesn't come down hard on me. In my mid-20s my best friend asked me to help coach his Pop Warner team taking over the defense. I used my DC position advantage to nail a few MILFs so their little shits would get more PT. About halfway through the season my buddy asks why the fuck these no talent shitheads are playing so much? I told him that their single moms have sacrificed A LOT so that their kids can play football.
    One could argue that you simply were providing the father figure and role model those wayward youths needed as you dropped loads on their mom's respective chins - and as every parent knows, the coach's son pitches.....that's just how it is.

Exemption granted.