Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Obama: 'I would not let my son play pro football'

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Stupid cheap shot, Derek. One of my good friends played on the defensive line at West Virginia University, and is a die hard republican. We argue over politics frequently. His son is now 3 years old and my friend has vowed that his son will NOT play football.

The head injuries have impacted a lot of peoples' thinking. I'm not saying that Obama or my friend are right, but you're not-so-subtle jab is poorly thought out.
    All I did was a post a link of a news story. You're projecting and overreacting as usual.
    Yah, right. Of the tens-of-thousands of news stories you could link on countless topics from countless news sources, you posted this one just for the heck of it. You weren't trying to make a point. All you "did was post a link to a news story."

Do you think people are stupid enough to believe that?
    Independent of any other views in this thread... I agree - that was a super Kim-like response.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    And all death2ducks does is post pictures.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    "Would not let my son play PRO football" ? So after playing the years and doing the work to get drafted, Obamas son would have to tell his new NFL team that his days won't let him play?

Btw, if Obama had a son, I doubt he would even sniff collegedoogs PONY baseball league, let alone the NFL.

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    is he wearing michelles pants?
  • "Would not let my son play PRO football" ? So after playing the years and doing the work to get drafted, Obamas son would have to tell his new NFL team that his days won't let him play?

Btw, if Obama had a son, I doubt he would even sniff collegedoogs PONY baseball league, let alone the NFL.

Obsessed?

"Would not let my son play PRO football" ? So after playing the years and doing the work to get drafted, Obamas son would have to tell his new NFL team that his days won't let him play?

Obsessed?
    With what?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Stupid cheap shot, Derek. One of my good friends played on the defensive line at West Virginia University, and is a die hard republican. We argue over politics frequently. His son is now 3 years old and my friend has vowed that his son will NOT play football.

The head injuries have impacted a lot of peoples' thinking. I'm not saying that Obama or my friend are right, but you're not-so-subtle jab is poorly thought out.
    All I did was a post a link of a news story. You're projecting and overreacting as usual.
    Yah, right. Of the tens-of-thousands of news stories you could link on countless topics from countless news sources, you posted this one just for the heck of it. You weren't trying to make a point. All you "did was post a link to a news story."

The leader of our nation is publicly quoted as saying he wouldn't let his adult son play football at a time when the NFL is in playoffs mode, and when I post the link to this, you see it as an agenda-driven cheap shot targeting the supposedly stupid people on our message board.

Stop and think about what you're saying.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Independent of any other views in this thread... I agree - that was a super Kim-like response.
    I don't like Obama and don't support most of what he stands for. I have never made any bones about it. Water is wet.
    edited January 2014

Mad_Son said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

I don't like Obama and don't support most of what he stands for. I have never made any bones about it. Water is wet.
    You're a well known as a racist. Clearly.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    If Obama was a real President, meaning he would without a doubt be the No.1 political leader in the land, he would threaten to shut down the NFL until they came up with a plan to for certain eliminate their player head injury problem. Teddy Roosevelt threatened early in the 20th Century to entirely outlaw full contact football in all of America because so many college and high school players were suffering crippling injuries and too often death on the gridiron. The result of tough guy TR's threat over a hundred years ago was some rule changes and the advent of helmets and pads. Now comes the NFL with the long-term affects of their BIG HIT highlights of Sunday TV.

Get a grip, football fans. Parents all over our country are refusing to allow their young sons to play our favorite game and it seems apparent that such a movement is a direct result of what has happened and is happening in the NFL. The excitement and notoriety of delivering the ugliest BIG HIT trickles down from pro to college and high school, even to peewees. I don't personally care about what affect the de-popularization of football might have on the professional game down the road because I'm not likely to live long enough to see it. But damn, it would be a shame if kids aged 14-22 were someday deprived of the fun of playing The Game on Friday nights and Saturdays.

Call it pussification if you want, but unlike the dangers of coal mining, there are no canaries in football. The dirty-endangerment hot dog shit, such as that which happened to Keith Price when he was intentionally helmet blasted in the face mask at the Hunger Bowl and didn't even result in a penalty, has to stop. BYU's No.90 on defense is a vicious thug who shouldn't be allowed on the field anytime, anywhere,..... and BYU coaches have no balls for exposing their opponents to such thuggery. KP will get all of that he can handle in the NFL providing he stays healthy enough by avoiding brain damage.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    If I had 2 daddies, they'd look like Barak Obama.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,672 Founders Club
    People shouldn't be allowed to criticize Obama
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171

Mad_Son said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

You should have cut out the middle man and immediately replied to Passion with this post.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
  • MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    I don't get it. Is this thread about whether or not you think your kid should play football (a relevant topic for this forum) or if you support Obama as president (not so relevant)? I actually don't give a fuck about relevancy but all you motherfuckers that want to get into a war over politics seemingly don't want to accept that a politician is nothing more than a hypocritical, two faced bitch. Or you do realize it, but get caught up trying to be a Jedi mind reading nincompoop, thinking arguing over what an individual stands for is more important than the issue at hand. You start obsessing over who and what people are (politicians in particular) then you're never going to reach a conclusion and are giving them more power than they deserve. I don't care if it's the President, Muhammad, or Chuck fucking Norris, people are full of shit. Use your own fucking head.

I'm sure I'm overreacting. Stick with football, yeah...

• LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Can I get a free Obama Phone if I read the article?
  • Sounds cliché, but we all played football...well, 20% of us and we all came out ok. Can't believe the proportion of pussies that reside on this board now..

The doogmen, an ever increasing presence on this bored, are doing what Libia's do... Taking the fun out of everything. This IS dawgman.com now. Time to branch out to a new site (or higher discussion bored) and let these turds talk of touch football and girls hoops. Sports that won't subject little Johnny to harm.

THE PUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA!!!!1!111!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,572 Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds cliché, but we all played football...well, 20% of us and we all came out ok. Can't believe the proportion of pussies that reside on this board now..

The doogmen, an ever increasing presence on this bored, are doing what Libia's do... Taking the fun out of everything. This IS dawgman.com now. Time to branch out to a new site (or higher discussion bored) and let these turds talk of touch football and girls hoops. Sports that won't subject little Johnny to harm.

THE PUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA!!!!1!111!
    Youre damn right, pajama boy