Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Surprise surprise!

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stunning ignorance

But hondo will defend it

It’s nuts that people have to buy food. People literally die without food. In my mind, no one should have to choose between food and luxuries. It’s wild that candidates have not publicly supported giving everyone all the food they desire.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

AOC: "Hypothetically, if there was a leak, from the DAP why shouldn't Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it?"

She is then roundly mocked.

Hondo then jumps into to defend her:

Shocking that ignorant people don't understand how banks providing financing could be held liable for the actions of their customers.

The only liar here as always Hondo is you.

Banks can be held liable. Idiot.
    If only you hadn't failed miserably to prove that

So just repeat the lie
    What is there to prove? I stated that I don't know enough about the pipeline spill. But if the bank knew, or should have known, the spill could happen. They could be held liable. And I posted the regulatory link to show that.

But stay Ignorant like Bob.

Tbe point I'm making isn't even about AOC. It's about partisan people like you and Bob that are scared of her. So you try to monk everything she says without even knowing if the statement is true. You think it sounds dumb so you roll with it can can't consider anything else.

Still waiting for an example.... just one.

Her question/point was dumb. Speaking of partisan, you have to defend everything she says. It’s pathological.

Yes, if the bank financed a known illegal pipeline that burst into flames and killed people I suppose they would be liable in part. Except that has never or would ever happen. Dumlbshit. What scenario goes through your pea brain to think this is even a remote possibility.
    I have stated that I don't agree with AOC on many things. This situation is even hypothetical. And there are circumstances where attorneys will go after deep pockets, if you don't understand that basic rule of America, I can't help you.

And whether it's happened in the past is irrelevant. Things change all the time. Prior to Arthur Anderson, no huge CPA firm had been taken down for fraud at a couple clients. Prior to the great recession, no large investment brokerage like Lehman brothers had gone down (post great depression). In other words, your defense by saying "it's never happened before" is laughable and ignorant.
    I’ll never forget when the financial institution that financed the build of the Exxon Valdez had to pay for the clean up in prince William sound. What a cool day for America man!
    Funny you mention that.

Well, here's something else depressing that you can add to your oil spill woes. The Exxon Valdez disaster, which occurred on March 24, 1989, played a major role in the collapse of the economy some 19 years later. See, as Stein documented, after lengthy litigation, Exxon managed to get the amount of punitive compensatory damages reduced from the hoped-for $5 billion to a paltry $500 million. But, back when Exxon had reason to imagine it might actually have to part with the $5 billion, the oil giant needed to find a way to cover its hindquarters. Exxon found a savior in the form of J.P. Morgan & Co., who extended the beleaguered company a line of credit in the amount of $4.8 billion.

Of course, that put J.P. Morgan on the hook for any potential judgment against Exxon. So the bank went looking for a way to mitigate that risk.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/605080/amp

That being said, you don't even know if building the ship was done with current capital from Exxon or if they obtained financing for it.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

AOC: "Hypothetically, if there was a leak, from the DAP why shouldn't Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it?"

Shocking that ignorant people don't understand how banks providing financing could be held liable for the actions of their customers.

Not for the scenario AOC described liar.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So just repeat the lie
    What is there to prove? I stated that I don't know enough about the pipeline spill. But if the bank knew, or should have known, the spill could happen. They could be held liable. And I posted the regulatory link to show that.

Tbe point I'm making isn't even about AOC. It's about partisan people like you and Bob that are scared of her.
    So you try to monk everything she says without even knowing if the statement is true. You think it sounds dumb so you roll with it can can't consider anything else.
    You posted bullshit in defense of AOC that had nothing to do with the situation she was talking about. She wasn't saying the bank was liable because it had some kind of prior knowledge of an accident. She was claiming they should be held liable simply because they lent the pipeline company money to build it.

So in a thread where we were all discussing AOC's comment you decided to stick your head up your and make a point that's not about AOC?

And you make this "point" by claiming I'm "scared" of her but you're not making a point about AOC. Logic only a Kunt could love.

Got to love when Hondo gets exposed as a lying dumbfuck, he just ratchets up the gibberish to 11.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So just repeat the lie

Tbe point I'm making isn't even about AOC. It's about partisan people like you and Bob that are scared of her. So you try to monk everything she says without even knowing if the statement is true. You think it sounds dumb so you roll with it can can't consider anything else.

Her question/point was dumb. Speaking of partisan, you have to defend everything she says. It’s pathological.

Yes, if the bank financed a known illegal pipeline that burst into flames and killed people I suppose they would be liable in part. Except that has never or would ever happen. Dumlbshit. What scenario goes through your pea brain to think this is even a remote possibility.
    I have stated that I don't agree with AOC on many things. This situation is even hypothetical. And there are circumstances where attorneys will go after deep pockets, if you don't understand that basic rule of America, I can't help you.

And whether it's happened in the past is irrelevant. Things change all the time. Prior to Arthur Anderson, no huge CPA firm had been taken down for fraud at a couple clients. Prior to the great recession, no large investment brokerage like Lehman brothers had gone down (post great depression). In other words, your defense by saying "it's never happened before" is laughable and ignorant.
    I’ll never forget when the financial institution that financed the build of the Exxon Valdez had to pay for the clean up in prince William sound. What a cool day for America man!
    Funny you mention that.

Well, here's something else depressing that you can add to your oil spill woes. The Exxon Valdez disaster, which occurred on March 24, 1989, played a major role in the collapse of the economy some 19 years later. See, as Stein documented, after lengthy litigation, Exxon managed to get the amount of punitive compensatory damages reduced from the hoped-for $5 billion to a paltry $500 million. But, back when Exxon had reason to imagine it might actually have to part with the $5 billion, the oil giant needed to find a way to cover its hindquarters. Exxon found a savior in the form of J.P. Morgan & Co., who extended the beleaguered company a line of credit in the amount of $4.8 billion.

Of course, that put J.P. Morgan on the hook for any potential judgment against Exxon. So the bank went looking for a way to mitigate that risk.

That being said, you don't even know if building the ship was done with current capital from Exxon or if they obtained financing for it.
    Interesting factoid, but zero comparability to AOC's hypotheticals. And financial or default liability <> criminal liability.
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So just repeat the lie

Funny you mention that.

Interesting factoid, but zero comparability to AOC's hypotheticals. And financial or default liability <> criminal liability.
    Hondo's not even trying to make a point about AOC, he is just trying to let everyone know that I'm scared of her. That was the entire "point" he was making.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

So just repeat the lie

Funny you mention that.

Agree it's not relevant to AOC. I was responding to Damoans strawman.

If you read further in that article, that transaction created the credit default swap. Another interesting factoid.
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Stunning ignorance

But hondo will defend it

It’s nuts that people have to buy food. People literally die without food. In my mind, no one should have to choose between food and luxuries. It’s wild that candidates have not publicly supported giving everyone all the food they desire.
    i am down if this is retroactive for my loans .... but then Fatters gf would no longer exist for him .... guess there is always a cost when doing biznass