Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Daily AOC

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

You guys are making a lot of assumptions. You know nothing about the pipeline spill and therefore have zero knowledge of whether the bank could be held liable. Yes, under the right circumstances they could be held liable. I'm not sure if they could in this instance.

But keep up with your ignorance cause AOC is in your head.

But we're making assupmptions

JFC you made a statement of fact that was 100% bullshit
    Yes, but he was technically correct and just as Hillary's comments regarding blacks being turned away from the polls on account of their skin color was based upon fact while being completely factually inaccurate.

This is what you do to yourself when you lack the ability to admit when you've put your head up your ass and you're incapable of shame.

Hey fuckstick.. There we studies that show people were turned away at the polls on Wisconsin and they were in disproportionately black areas.

Are you ignorant on purpose or just stupid?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019

2001400ex said:

You guys are making a lot of assumptions. You know nothing about the pipeline spill and therefore have zero knowledge of whether the bank could be held liable. Yes, under the right circumstances they could be held liable. I'm not sure if they could in this instance.

Still waiting for that list of instances where finance companies were held liable for pipeline spills....

You really need to learn when to surrender vs doubling down.

Dimwit
    I love when he shoves his head up his ass all while calling everyone else ignorant. It takes a special level of Kuntiness to do that.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Sound reasoning. If I crash my car into school bus full of kids they should sue the bank that lent me the money to by the car, not me.

And that is what we call textbook strawman.
    Only if you're a fucking moron is that an example of a strawman. It's a direct parallel to what AOC is calling for. Wells Fargo should be held liable for an oil spill because they lent money to pipeline builder.
    Just close all banks and the problem is solved. In the AOC jungle gym.
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Shocking that ignorant people don't understand how banks providing financing could be held liable for the actions of their customers.

But but but AOC!!!!! Farting cows!!!! Crayons!!!!!

Bump

Tell us more
    https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/8000-1250.html
    Called it, gibberish.
    Why am I not surprised that you think banking regulations are gibberish.
    So far out of your element here. Stick to what you know: Burgers.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    Ultimately, I don't think AOC is looking for legal or legislative action here. Progressives have been trying to attack businesses and industries by naming & shaming their chickenshit financial services providers. For example:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-13/jpmorgan-cfo-lake-says-bank-has-cut-exposure-to-gun-industry
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-10/bofa-will-no-longer-lend-to-some-gunmakers-vice-chairman-says

SFGbob said:

Point of fact, when you build a pipeline, you do everything in your power to prevent leaks. Oil spills are magnitudes more expensive than anything you would spend on construction; cost of cleanup, lost product, bad optics, bad for relationships with your easement/row partners, god help you everyone is coming after you legally from the EPA down to the guy who smelled it from his backyard 5 miles away etc. so beyond any moral argument about the environment it's just in the pipeline owners' interest to keep product in the line.

Pipelines are still massive complicated feats of engineering where even one crew member fucking up their job can cause a failure so shit does happen. If you look at the historical record incidents are way down and continuing to fall though. The #1 cause of incidents are third party idiots doing un-permitted excavation hitting lines. Companies are spending millions on education campaigns to try to get people to actually do their own responsibility and follow the law.

So when the 3rd party idiot puts a hole in the pipeline when he is doing unauthorized digging, you immediately call your lawyer and file a lawsuit against the Bank that lent you the money to build the pipeline correct?

That's the way I hear it is done from Social Justice Warriors.
    You should also go after the bank holding the mortgage of the third party idiot for loaning him the money to get a house and therefore have the chance to be a third party idiot
    Why stop there? Keep suing all the way to the Trump White House, because everything is actually Trump's fault, eventually.
    jecornel said:

Maybe we should send an invite to AOC to provide a business 101 class. She made drinks one time and talked to drunk people.

Now she is screaming and yelling at CEO's.

I would put her resume against any of yours!

Did you know she was a community organizer once? What have you done?!!! That's what I thought!!

The greatest irony is how privileged AOC actually is by being cute and having enormous tits. If she's smaller than a C-Cup, she's still serving drinks in Brooklyn.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Yes, but he was technically correct and just as Hillary's comments regarding blacks being turned away from the polls on account of their skin color was based upon fact while being completely factually inaccurate.

This is what you do to yourself when you lack the ability to admit when you've put your head up your ass and you're incapable of shame.

Hey fuckstick.. There we studies that show people were turned away at the polls on Wisconsin and they were in disproportionately black areas.

More people voted but still

Let's see your studies
    edited March 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Link?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Shocking that ignorant people don't understand how banks providing financing could be held liable for the actions of their customers.

Bump

Tell us more
    That's what I thought

Nothing
    So you don't want to read.
    I read it. Doesn’t seem like you did or you wouldn’t have posted it. It has nothing to with the topic. Dumbshit. Nice attempt at a quick google search and a faint hope it would turn up something to bail you out. It didn’t.
    I don't know if the pipeline situation fits. But it's clear the bank could be held liable if they are aware, or should have been aware, of illegal activity.

Same thing with CPAs. If they find that the CPA should have known about the fraud, they are held liable.
    It ain't quite that simple. There's processes and procedures and management rep letters and all sorts of shit to preclude that from happening. You have to be a total fuckwad CPA firm to get caught with your pants down that far.

BTW, every CPA firm also has E&O insurance in place for the occasional fuck up even with all those checks in place.

#PCAOB superiority guy

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    That's what I thought

Nothing
    I read it. Doesn’t seem like you did or you wouldn’t have posted it. It has nothing to with the topic. Dumbshit. Nice attempt at a quick google search and a faint hope it would turn up something to bail you out. It didn’t.
    I don't know if the pipeline situation fits. But it's clear the bank could be held liable if they are aware, or should have been aware, of illegal activity.

Same thing with CPAs. If they find that the CPA should have known about the fraud, they are held liable.
    It ain't quite that simple. There's processes and procedures and management rep letters and all sorts of shit to preclude that from happening. You have to be a total fuckwad CPA firm to get caught with your pants down that far.

BTW, every CPA firm also has E&O insurance in place for the occasional fuck up even with all those checks in place.

#PCAOB superiority guy

Arthur Andersen was said fuckwad CPA firm.
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    That's what I thought

Nothing

#PCAOB superiority guy

It happens (Enron, Countrywide, Siemens, big one in Japan over a decade ago), but major accountancy liability cases are rare, and getting rarer.
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    That's what I thought

Nothing

#PCAOB superiority guy

Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

So a business person gets a loan to open a restaurant and he/she/they kitchen has a fire, burns down a business next store. The bank providing the loan should be required to pay for clean up and remodel?

Am I tracking correctly?

You are correct sir. It's right there in those Banking regulations Hondo posted. Can't you read?
    edited March 2019

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    That's what I thought

Nothing

#PCAOB superiority guy

Pre-SOX

It ain't the old days. Your shit better not stink as a CPA firm and the wall of independence best be in place between the client and the firm.

HondoFS knows this shit. He's just trolling for bucks. Same old same old.

Standard Supporter
    edited March 2019

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    Called it, gibberish.
    And cocksucking, don't forget the cocksucking.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    Called it, gibberish.
    And cocksuck, don't forget the cocksucking.
    Don't fag out the thread yet. That's Hondo's job.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Bump

Tell us more
    That's what I thought

Nothing

#PCAOB superiority guy

It happens (Enron, Countrywide, Siemens, big one in Japan over a decade ago), but major accountancy liability cases are rare, and getting rarer.
    Truth. SEC has locked this shit down. And getting lockier every day.

Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

First of all the claim was that voters were turned away on account of their skin color, but I'd love to see your "studies" Hondo, and maybe you should think about sharing them with the Washington Post because they gave Hillary's claims 4 Pinocchio's.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/06/hillary-clintons-claims-about-voter-suppression-georgia-wisconsin/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d214d1b36a1c

They talk all about your "studies" Hondo.