Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security and Medicaid

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

Raising taxes is inevitable. We could start now and reduce the pain.
    Or you could just reduce spending to 2008 levels and then there would be no need to raise taxes. What are his entitlements? A pension? Not quite the same thing.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,949
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

We? You mean “we” should raise taxes on other people. Not you.
    What makes you say stupid shit? I'm a one percenter. My taxes would be going up under any proposal I could make.
    edited March 2019
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Or you could just reduce spending to 2008 levels and then there would be no need to raise taxes. What are his entitlements? A pension? Not quite the same thing.
    Mall cop isn't going to take his SS and Medicare? You can't have the proportion of population over 65 we have, low birth rates, anti-immigrant policy and customary entitlements without raising taxes.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

What makes you say stupid shit? I'm a one percenter. My taxes would be going up under any proposal I could make.
    Did you refuse your big tax cut mr. 1%er.

I didn’t know working for legal Zoom paid so well.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Noted tax dodger weighs in on raising tax rates.
    edited March 2019

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Why do I need to subsidize others who don't need the help? We can all pitch in.
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Nothing stopping you from writing a bigger check to the Government right now O'Keefed. You don't need a change in the tax law for you to do what you want to have done. Put your money were your mouth is and write the fucking check.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Why do I need to subsidize others? We can all pitch in.
    Because you believe in the greater good and care about helping people. The truth is you’re all talk and will only pay by force.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Nothing stopping you from writing a bigger check to the Government right now O'Keefed. You don't need a change in the tax law for you to do what you want to have done. Put your money were your mouth is and write the fucking check.
    Yes, yes. Mikey already beat you to it. The old, "Why don't you just volunteer to pay more?" dodge.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Yes, yes. Mikey already beat you to it. The old, "Why don't you just volunteer to pay more?" dodge.
    So why do you have to be forced to pay?

Because you’re a hypocrite. That’s why.

I thought lawyers were good at making arguments?
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

The old, I'm a fucking hypocrite who wants to force other people to do what I'm unwilling to do right now dodge.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Why do I need to subsidize others? We can all pitch in.
    Because you believe in the greater good and care about helping people. The truth is you’re all talk and will only pay by force.
    Or I'll only pay if others like me do too. I hate people, but they're a necessary evil.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

The old, I'm a fucking hypocrite who wants to force other people to do what I'm unwilling to do right now dodge.
    Many hands make light work. I'll pay more, but I want rich dudes like you to pay more too, blob.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Many hands make light work. I'll pay more, but I want rich dudes like you to pay more too, blob.
    So you’re a hypocrite. Good to know.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,681
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Paying more won't help as long as we? keep spending more which we? will

Raise taxes and people dodge them like H
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

You support higher taxes, I don't. Why should I pay more for something you support? I thought you libs were all Pro-choice? Now you want to force people to do something you're unwilling to do on your own.

We will spend more. You can help by killing yourself. That's patriotism.

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

I've never advocated a voluntary tax system. Add hypocrite to the list of terms you don't understand.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,681
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

We will spend more. You can help by killing yourself. That's patriotism.
    I'm still working and paying ALL of my taxes. Unlike some here
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

I've never advocated a voluntary tax system. Add hypocrite to the list of terms you don't understand.
    Of course not. You would never pay if not forced. Yet you talk about the wonderful things that need to be funded. Hypocrite.