Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Blair Angulo with the CB to Texas...
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Holland on his crystal ball:

Five-star cornerback Kelee Ringo made a surprise unofficial visit to Texas today. Ringo actually had no plans to visit Texas heading into the weekend. It wasn’t until after a conversation with offensive coordinator Tim Beck that sparked Ringo to catch a plane to Austin after competing in 7v7 in Los Angeles. Ringo wanted to keep the visit under wraps until he arrived on campus and got settled as he could be on the Forty Acres for an extended period of time.

I exchanged some messages with Ringo’s mother, Tralee Hale, who told me that Ringo actually doesn’t have a return flight — Ringo can fly around freely on standby since his mother works for an airline. He might stay in Austin for his entire spring break and catch practices throughout the week. Hale is supposed to be at Texas in the morning. She was trying to catch a flight tonight but was experiencing delays. This is a huge opportunity for Texas to make an impression on her.

Obviously, I have my Crystal Ball pick in for Texas. Ringo has visited UT more than any other program this offseason and loves what the Longhorns have to offer. He has a great connection with Beck and cornerbacks coach Jason Washington, and it’s no secret Texas has had plenty of success in Arizona. Oklahoma, Washington and Georgia are some other schools to watch, but this visit makes me feel even more confident in my pick.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Beno4Life said:

It’s been over for him forever.

His mom will never let him go to UW and kids aren’t smart enough to look past the VASTLY SUPERIOR branding of TX vs WA.

Our Hail Mary shot is that Smalls gets in the boat and recruits the shit out of him, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a 1/20 shot IMO.

I missed this about his mom. Why won’t she allow him to go to UW and Lake?

Everything seems in our favor: Lake recruiting and DBU development, NFL $$$, winning culture, former Seattle kid, B Murph and Saguaro coach enamored with Lake/Pete/UW, and FSP pipeline and peers.

What am I missing?
    Do you need Dennis to explain what fast strategy is again?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    Tequilla said:

Beno4Life said:

His mom will never let him go to UW and kids aren’t smart enough to look past the VASTLY SUPERIOR branding of TX vs WA.

Our Hail Mary shot is that Smalls gets in the boat and recruits the shit out of him, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a 1/20 shot IMO.

Everything seems in our favor: Lake recruiting and DBU development, NFL $$$, winning culture, former Seattle kid, B Murph and Saguaro coach enamored with Lake/Pete/UW, and FSP pipeline and peers.

What am I missing?
    We need a pic of Byron Murphy being picked in the first round, then standing in sunglasses and gold chains next to a fancy car - to her twitter account.

With budda baker, Sidney mf Jones, Kev King, Taylor Rapp in the seats.

Remind her does she want a promise /dream? Or results?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Tequilla said:

Beno4Life said:

What am I missing?
    We need a pic of Byron Murphy being picked in the first round, then standing in sunglasses and gold chains next to a fancy car - to her twitter account.

With budda baker, Sidney mf Jones, Kev King, Taylor Rapp in the seats.

Remind her does she want a promise /dream? Or results?
    You know when you were buying a car and you knew that getting a Toyota made a lot more sense than buying a BMW, but you wanted the BMW anyway?

UW is a Toyota.

To kids like Savvy it’s achieved Lexus status, maybe...

But Texas isn’t a fucking Lexus, it’s a Ferrari.

If you want to consistently get these types of kids, you have to be seen as competitive with a Ferrari on some level.

Ringo may think we are a Lexus too, but mom wants to live at the Ferrari dealership and it’s not a tough pill for Kelee to swallow.
    Can we just put a Ferrari sign over the Toyota sign?

Real question DDY, marketing is a big one to help our national perspective, winning more and the big ones will also help; anything else so our skill prospects see us as Ferrari’s?

I think Jr will help a lot with WR’s. But top tier out of state 5 🌟’s like Ferrari’s.
    We are moving from a Toyota dealership to the Lexus ... Soon!
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Beno4Life said:

What am I missing?
    Yes
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think we'll get a visit. Jimmy Lake is going to have to fight a major uphill battle on this one though.
    Best thing that could happen for us is that the mirage of what Texas did last year falls back to reality and they go back to being 8-4 next year

7 of their 10 wins were by a TD or less

I’m not convinced that Herman is that good and there was a lot about watching them last year that screamed just above average

So we’ll see
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Best thing that could happen for us is that the mirage of what Texas did last year falls back to reality and they go back to being 8-4 next year

I’m not convinced that Herman is that good and there was a lot about watching them last year that screamed just above average

So we’ll see

dude texas is like USC. They are littered with great amount of talent and herman might be mediocre coach, but great talent can hide a lot of shit.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

So we’ll see

Froog POTD
    I’m not saying anything about TCU but Texas coming back to the top has as much to do with a lot of schools going backwards (Baylor and Tech, TCU may be as well) as anything that they are doing

Texas dreams of being USC ... they are basically a rich man’s UCLA and a poor man’s USC
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Picked up another Texas CB today, and I don't mean cornerback.

Picked up another Texas CB today, and I don't mean cornerback.

You mean a Crystal dong?damn ...