Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security and Medicaid

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

*medicare

Brian Kelly thought the original poast was accurate
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    And cutting 15% from farmers.

So millionaires and fortune 500 companies get a tax break so the poor, elderly and famers get benefits cut.

Bold strategy cotton.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

And cutting 15% from farmers.

So millionaires and fortune 500 companies get a tax break so the poor, elderly and famers get benefits cut.

Bold strategy cotton.

Trump must have cut up your check book!
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    Only in Washington is a budget that increases every year a "cut"

Btw, you've got to love how the same people who were just slamming Trump for the deficit are now crying about budget "cuts" that are really nothing more than a reduction in the growth of spending.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Btw, you've got to love how the same people who were just slamming Trump for the deficit are now crying about budget "cuts" that are really nothing more than a reduction in the growth of spending.
    Bob, your employer was giving you 5% raises a year. They tell you that you only get 1% raises a year now. Would you accept that or think your compensation has been cut?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Bob, your employer was giving you 5% raises a year. They tell you that you only get 1% raises a year now. Would you accept that or think your compensation has been cut?
    Did I do anything to earn this 5% raise each year or do I get it simply for being able to fog a mirror? Also, am I an employee who has been bitching about the payroll costs at my job, only to then bitch when my employer does something about those costs?

If my annual raise was reduced to 1% per year I would say that my raise had been cut I wouldn't say that my salary had been cut. In 2008 this is exactly what happened at my job. There was no raise that year or the next. I never cried about how my pay had been cut, I just didn't get an increase for those two years.
    Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    Foreign Aid isn't that big a budget item. The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them and as you can see, simply reducing the rate of their growth, will be called a "cut" by hacks like Hondo and Purple.
    Agree. Increasing the retirement age should be an initial mutually agreeable solution to stop the hemorrhaging.
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Foreign Aid isn't that big a budget item. The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them and as you can see, simply reducing the rate of their growth, will be called a "cut" by hacks like Hondo and Purple.
    Cuts add up. And we could certainly do some cutting.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Agree. Increasing the retirement age should be an initial mutually agreeable solution to stop the hemorrhaging.
    I also agree.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    if they take retirement age and reword it slightly to retirement death - that would save a ton of money
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,949
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

Raising taxes is inevitable. We could start now and reduce the pain.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

It won't do anything but still

Cutting revenue would be another way to put raising taxes and I don't see how that helps
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

We? You mean “we” should raise taxes on other people. Not you.