Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is your DM.com banning story?

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

Man...this thread brings back such mammories.

I recall that this one asshole at Dogman...His name might have been something like Bill Brassky...not sure, but anyway he hijacked every thread into some story about how amazing he was. After getting into argument after argument with that clown, I found myself so frustrated that I couldn't take it anymore. I mean, my hard earned money which was supposed to go to learn about which top recruits would not pick us was actually simply going to some jerk's ego site. No thanks.

I realized I needed to find a spot with better recruiting ROI...this place had no fee and the recruiting info was no worse, so here I am.

I know Bill Brasky. Big fella
    wait...Brasky...you know him...omg, you're not him.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I need to correct a few things I've read in this thread.

I never had any other Husky football fan site. Hardcore Husky is the only one. The previous site referred to was HuskyHalfBrains.com, which was started by @RaceBannon and @iDawg. There never would have been a Hardcore Husky without HHB,com

The Great Dawgman Purge occurred in May 2010.

@MikeDamone, Sark's first season at UW was in 2009.

My last post ever at Dawgman was in January 2011, when I wrote that Jake Locker would have been better off as a safety. Kim sent me an agitated PM saying that my comments were pissing off his customers and I had to knock it off or else. (words to that effect). I was already frustrated by things like me and Yogi Roth getting into an argument over Sark, and Kim cutting and pasting Yogi's response to make a new thread, while deleting my response to Yogi. That just disillusioned me so much. No integrity.

One thing led to another...

And on November 26, 2012, Hardcore Husky was launched.

There was definitely a purge in 08 or early 09, maybe there was another one later on.
    If you can't tell the difference between minor purges and The Great Purge of 2010, then I can't help you.
    Well a whole lot more of us in this thread have mentioned being purged in 09 than 2010 so I'm not sure 09 was the minor one. I wasn't there in 2010 so I have no clue how big that one was, but the HHB purge right after Sark was hired was in no fucking way minor.
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    i got crimson gavel'd for posting a picture of alex brink with a noodle for an arm ....
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    I don't know if I'm banned or not, don't really care either because I hardly ever visited that site except for there was a time when I read/posted on Unleashed.

Back when I was active, I got some timeouts. Falsely accused of some stuff and guilt by Pit association.

The memory is a little hazy about it all.

I know I'm banned at coogfarm because of a post that involved an image of a girl in a bathtub.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never gave any of those nitwits a dime.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

My ban coincided with the Tyrone ban. They banned my real Dad too. He called me and was like, what the hell happened?? I just got a call from the athletic department! We are banned by Tyrone. 25 years of season tickets and tyee donations. No warning just gone.

I defended Tyrone on the boards about player effort, a nice catch and Donatell displaying good energy. I reported that guys were all in....oops.

Cohen did damage control. That's when I learned this was just a job for her and an opportunity for career advancement. Her passion for UW is just a public front. I don't blame her. She makes a half a million a year. Good for her.
    Sidenote, she was more proud of working with Leach at Texas Tech. True story. She made it sound as if she was working in the White House.

Bold move to freely confess to being that wrong.
    I was waiting for this!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

My ban coincided with the Tyrone ban. They banned my real Dad too. He called me and was like, what the hell happened?? I just got a call from the athletic department! We are banned by Tyrone. 25 years of season tickets and tyee donations. No warning just gone.

I defended Tyrone on the boards about player effort, a nice catch and Donatell displaying good energy. I reported that guys were all in....oops.

Cohen did damage control. That's when I learned this was just a job for her and an opportunity for career advancement. Her passion for UW is just a public front. I don't blame her. She makes a half a million a year. Good for her.
    Sidenote, she was more proud of working with Leach at Texas Tech. True story. She made it sound as if she was working in the White House.

Bold move to freely confess to being that wrong.
    I was waiting for this!
    Damn, even double downing on that position
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

I remember that. You were leaking info. What did Uncle Bo have to say?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

I remember that. You were leaking info. What did Uncle Bo have to say?
    What's seen in practice stays at practice!!

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

I need to correct a few things I've read in this thread.

I never had any other Husky football fan site. Hardcore Husky is the only one. The previous site referred to was HuskyHalfBrains.com, which was started by @RaceBannon and @iDawg. There never would have been a Hardcore Husky without HHB,com

The Great Dawgman Purge occurred in May 2010.

@MikeDamone, Sark's first season at UW was in 2009.

My last post ever at Dawgman was in January 2011, when I wrote that Jake Locker would have been better off as a safety. Kim sent me an agitated PM saying that my comments were pissing off his customers and I had to knock it off or else. (words to that effect). I was already frustrated by things like me and Yogi Roth getting into an argument over Sark, and Kim cutting and pasting Yogi's response to make a new thread, while deleting my response to Yogi. That just disillusioned me so much. No integrity.

One thing led to another...

And on November 26, 2012, Hardcore Husky was launched.

There was definitely a purge in 08 or early 09, maybe there was another one later on.
    If you can't tell the difference between minor purges and The Great Purge of 2010, then I can't help you.
    Well a whole lot more of us in this thread have mentioned being purged in 09 than 2010 so I'm not sure 09 was the minor one. I wasn't there in 2010 so I have no clue how big that one was, but the HHB purge right after Sark was hired was in no fucking way minor.
    May 2010 was in the neighborhood of 30 posters, based on my memory
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

I don't know if I'm banned or not, don't really care either because I hardly ever visited that site except for there was a time when I read/posted on Unleashed.

Back when I was active, I got some timeouts. Falsely accused of some stuff and guilt by Pit association.

The memory is a little hazy about it all.

I know I'm banned at coogfarm because of a post that involved an image of a girl in a bathtub.

Fupdate: Not banned! Made a poast today.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    They never banned me or even suspended me. They would just delete my posts without any comments or additional punishment. A lot.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Man...this thread brings back such mammories.

I recall that this one asshole at Dogman...His name might have been something like Bill Brassky...not sure, but anyway he hijacked every thread into some story about how amazing he was. After getting into argument after argument with that clown, I found myself so frustrated that I couldn't take it anymore. I mean, my hard earned money which was supposed to go to learn about which top recruits would not pick us was actually simply going to some jerk's ego site. No thanks.

I realized I needed to find a spot with better recruiting ROI...this place had no fee and the recruiting info was no worse, so here I am.

You know bb is ballz, right?