Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hire Mike Leach!

2»

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'd put Shaw way above Leach. 82-26 (55-17 in Pac) at Stanford with 4 BCS bowls in 8 years.
    Now its 4 in 8. It was 3 in 3.

And then 4 in 5.

Next year it will be 4 in 9.

Then 4 in 10.

He sucks.

I'd put Shaw way above Leach. 82-26 (55-17 in Pac) at Stanford with 4 BCS bowls in 8 years.
    Shaw spent years getting maligned here but he's top 2 in the Pac and if Petersen is top 10 or 5 nationally Shaw is too
    Comparing him to the PAC is grading on a curve. Everybody sucks other than Peterman.

The conventional wisdom was right on Shaw. He took over a program with very strong identities both in style of play and in recruiting. And has slowly eroded those over time.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shaw won the north in 2017 beating Petermen in embarrassing fashion along the way. In my opinion he is right on the edge of losing his place.

His first 5 years he was 2-2 in major bowls actually winning two Rose Bowls. Petermen has a lot of work to do to get there

I still call it close between the two of them. I will take our? future over theirs but it has to play out the way we think it will

Shaw won the north in 2017 beating Petermen in embarrassing fashion along the way. In my opinion he is right on the edge of losing his place.

His first 5 years he was 2-2 in major bowls actually winning two Rose Bowls. Petermen has a lot of work to do to get there

I still call it close between the two of them. I will take our? future over theirs but it has to play out the way we think it will

You can't just tally up the total number of major bowls or championships without any weighting. 2018 counts the most with each year further back in time being less significant.

At this point 2011 and 2012 are almost meaningless. RGIII won the Heisman in 2011. Les Miles went to the championship game in 2011. Les was fired two years ago and is now coaching at Kansas. Shaw's pattern is actually pretty similar to Miles although at a slightly lower level. 11 wins or more each of first three seasons. Then a downturn and resurgence (one year each for Shaw, two years each for Miles) then a clear shift down to a lower level of success.

Shaw's recruiting held up longer than his results on the field but now its taken a turn for the worse as well. Only 12 4/5 stars in the last two classes combined. The talent on that roster is now a clear step below Oregon/Washington/USC.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    They also played fucking Iowa and 8-5 Wisconsin in those games. Fuck off Race.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You substitute Wisconsin with Purdue and this sound awfully Cuog bashing Don James like.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Things cougs say for 200 Alex while you're still around

If you want to take the gloves of then you best prepare your anus boy

Whoops
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Shaved?

Shaved?
    No