Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New Watch Thread

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

Damasko has their own in-house movement and, with their patented ice hardened case, is ticking all the right boxes. Except they haven’t put the right dial, case, and movement into a watch I must have...yet. Their $600.00 bracelet is bad ass but still about $300.00 too high.

If you like micros, take a look at what Zelos Watches are doing. The owner (Elshan) is putting out some nice designs and getting more creative with each release.

It's funny, I was just reading an article a couple weeks ago about who might possibly be the next NOMOS type brand - a small maker who developed into a total watch nerd favorite. Tudor and FC were mentioned, along with a few others, and Damasko was one of them. I have heard of Damasko but never looked at their stuff. Good stuff. Remind me of Sinn, but with some in house movements. Also like the aviator watch vibe. I need to let this ruminate, but it may hit the short list.

Founders Club

Well Swaye looks like we’ve got a few watch fetishers after all.

I have a huge small boner.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well I score this one 4 to 4 a tie. Technically, 4 is a few, the other 4 are smart asses.

(actually some of these watches are really nice looking)
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Well I score this one 4 to 4 a tie. Technically, 4 is a few, the other 4 are smart asses.

(actually some of these watches are really nice looking)
    I will convert you!

• USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

@Swaye, I came across this listing and know you have money burning a hole in your pocket.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-grand-seiko-snowflake-sbga211-excellent-condition-4890787.html

That is an excellent watch! Says sale is pending now, plus I blew my load all over with my latest swap. I am out of the watch game for months....well, I leave for Saudi Arabia in about 10 days so I do plan to hit both the Rolex dealer in Jeddah and the Wempe at the Frankfurt airport to see if they have anything in stock you cannot find over here (Rolex), but barring some miracle where they have a GMT or a Daytona in stock, I am done for a bit. There are a couple Rolexes I really want, but the prices must simmer down some...there is an absolute craze going on SS Rolex right now.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Black dial 2009 Milgauss arrives tomorrow:

I decided against the blue dial because I felt the black has more versatility to dress up.

Either way I'm pumped for this piece
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    There’s a run at Steamboat called Rolex.
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I decided against the blue dial because I felt the black has more versatility to dress up.

Dude that is sweet! I am pumped for you. I have the Z Blue fwiw. Kick ass watch.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Dude that is sweet! I am pumped for you. I have the Z Blue fwiw. Kick ass watch.
    When I get a submariner I could see myself trading for the z-blue, just slowly building my collection up.

Have you ever tried throwing it on a green or orange NATO strap? I'm intrigued how that would look with the lightning bolt
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

When I get a submariner I could see myself trading for the z-blue, just slowly building my collection up.

Have you ever tried throwing it on a green or orange NATO strap? I'm intrigued how that would look with the lightning bolt
    Found a few examples for your Dial

Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Nope I always leave mine on bracelet. That said. I did just order a brown leather strap affair for my Explorer II. If it turns out with a good look I will try to remember to post pictures.
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Found a few examples for your Dial

That's a good look. The green NATO is sharp.
    Founders Club
    Also @Doogles is the Milgauss in yet?
    Founders Club
    Great looking watch. If you ever have questions about your future collection, hit me up in PMs. I accept nudes as payment for advice.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Here's a pic brought to you by the UW marketing department:

And here's one with better lighting because I'm a douchebag:

Bimmer + Rolex? Douche Canoe POY.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Here's a pic brought to you by the UW marketing department:

And here's one with better lighting because I'm a douchebag:

That's a nice looking watch...but I'm not down with the "lightning bolt" second hand. Seems to be trying to hard.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    Swaye said:

Putting this here since horology is a mildly cultured thing, and the Tug is absolute Deep Anus AIDS.

So, it had been several months since I did any watch trading or buying. Figured I was owed one and had my eye on NOMOS for a long time. Found a real bargain on one, which can be hard to do in the US (especially not gray market), so I grabbed it.

NOMOS Zurich World Timer Midnight Blue, Ref. 807. It is not a true World Timer (good luck finding an in house movement true World Timer for between 5-6K). It's a GMT with a world wheel, but man can those Germans put out a sexy bauhaus watch. While Geneva still has far more high end manufacturers, what the Germs are doing in Glashutte is remarkable. Lange, Glashutte Original and NOMOS are a really powerful watchmaking trifecta. Wish I could afford a Lange, but since I can't, NOMOS it is.

Anyway, if there are any other watch nerds in here have at it. If not, EMFA.

I'm going to Monterey/Carmel for the next few days and there is a renowned high end watch shop that is an AD for Nomos and Zenith among others. Excited to see what the hype is about.

http://chatelco.com/
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Putting this here since horology is a mildly cultured thing, and the Tug is absolute Deep Anus AIDS.

So, it had been several months since I did any watch trading or buying. Figured I was owed one and had my eye on NOMOS for a long time. Found a real bargain on one, which can be hard to do in the US (especially not gray market), so I grabbed it.

NOMOS Zurich World Timer Midnight Blue, Ref. 807. It is not a true World Timer (good luck finding an in house movement true World Timer for between 5-6K). It's a GMT with a world wheel, but man can those Germans put out a sexy bauhaus watch. While Geneva still has far more high end manufacturers, what the Germs are doing in Glashutte is remarkable. Lange, Glashutte Original and NOMOS are a really powerful watchmaking trifecta. Wish I could afford a Lange, but since I can't, NOMOS it is.

Anyway, if there are any other watch nerds in here have at it. If not, EMFA.

I'm going to Monterey/Carmel for the next few days and there is a renowned high end watch shop that is an AD for Nomos and Zenith among others. Excited to see what the hype is about.

http://chatelco.com/
    You love em or you hate them, but they are a super hot watch in the world of high horology. Not expensive (relative) either.